Solved

Why haven't I received a bill / statement?

Show first post

131 replies

Userlevel 2

Thanks Blastoise186 I'll take your advice and wait till Tuesday.

Just thought after my last post.

I received a email from OVO two months ago to say that they were changing my Direct Debit so it looks like they have my address but will contact them anyway.

Thanks Again

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Thanks Blastoise186 I'll take your advice and wait till Tuesday.

Just thought after my last post.

I received a email from OVO two months ago to say that they were changing my Direct Debit so it looks like they have my address but will contact them anyway.

Thanks Again

In the meantime you could see what ovo have on your account for your email address on this page, including marketing settings which would impact some other emails OVO send. 

https://account.ovoenergy.com/profile

Also can you login fine to your account with your email address? 

Userlevel 2

Morning Jeffus.

I checked my profile on the OVO page and everything is correct.

The email is correct and marketing settings are for email and SMS.

thanks

Userlevel 2

PS I can login no problem. Everything else is fine just no email prior to bill

Userlevel 6

Hey @Brewer 

There is a different selection for marketing preferences, and communications preferences such as bills, so although email may be selected for marketing, it may not be selected for the way you receive bills or other communications so it’s definitely worth getting in touch with the Support Team to double check that. 

Userlevel 7

Hey @Brewer,

Welcome to the OVO Online Community,

It may be that on ‘communication preferences’ email isn’t selected? If you could pop back with an update once you’ve spoken to the Support Team. It may help other customers. 

Userlevel 2

Hi Guys.

Thanks for all your help and I will report back to you when I get on to the Support Team

Userlevel 2

Hi Everyone.

Just a follow up. I spoke the girl. on the support line and she checked her system and it said emails have been sent to me every month but I didn't receive them ( checked spam/junk ) and not there.

The girl who was very helpful then sent me an email to see if I received it and I got it right away. (Strange.)

Anyway she said to leave it with her and she will contact their Tech Dept and see what they come up with.

Sorry for boring you all and I will let you know happens.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hope it gets sorted for you @Brewer 

Having loads of issues with ovo app, on the usage page it shows that I have not used any electricity for the past 3 months, 

it only shows gas usage , but that is wrong as well,

the Wi-Fi display shows some usage but that is wrong as well.

I have not had a bill from ovo for a couple of months now, so I have no idea what I’m paying, is it correct .? 
have been in touch with ovo, they say that my meters are sending readings ok, but they do not know what is wrong,

where do I stand with this issue ?

I have sent photos of my up to date meter readings to ovo as requested,

have had no reply to all my communications, very poor customer support.

I can see this putting me in financial dire straights.

very disappointed.

Jane

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Good evening @100215832 ,

This post is confirmation that your thread has been seen by one of the Forum Volunteers. Please bear with me as I need to finish writing an email and responding to a couple of Private Messages sent by users who I promised I’d get back to ASAP. Once I’ve done that, I’ll stop by here again to reply to you properly.

In the meantime, please try to keep to just one thread for this question. I can see you posted the same thing in a couple of other places as well, so I’ll arrange for those to be merged into this thread.

Thanks for your patience.

New to this, just trying to get it resolved

Jane

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Ok, I’m back. Sorry for the wait. Handling that email and the PM’s that were in my inbox took a bit longer than I’d expected. Just so you’re aware, as a Forum Volunteer I’m unable to access your account or internal systems myself. The advice I give here is based on my personal knowledge and experience for which I can’t guarantee it’s 100% perfect.

Would I be right in thinking you may have been on the legacy billing system at some point? Just a theory, but I wonder if something got corrupted on your account if it was migrated to the new one?

However… My strongest suspicion is that something has gotten a bit corrupted with your Site and the equipment that’s been installed there. This exact issue isn’t one I recall hearing about recently, but I think I have a tool in my toybox I can give you which may or may not be of some use. It’s a self-service tool and you won’t need to speak to anyone if you use it. Because it’s also built, hosted and maintained by OVO, I won’t see your data either - it goes directly to the team that handles these things.

Could you give https://smart-meter-help.ovoenergy.com a try? It’ll ask you a few questions (don’t worry, they’re not rocket science!) and gather diagnostics in the background. If the tool is able to help, it’ll generate and submit a full diagnostic report on your behalf straight to the right team and they’ll usually get back to you once they’ve had a deeper look.

If you get stuck with the tool or any questions it asks, please let me know and I’ll help you get through it.

If you find the tool doesn’t work, please don’t worry. Let me know and I can give you the manual version that we have on this forum. All I’d need to see first is a few photos of the meter(s) so I can give you the right version.

I hope this may help you.

Have used the tool, and submitted the results,

now wait for 45 days ?????
45 days to go deeper in debt, 

just need an engineer’s visit, or is that to much to ask ????
regards Jane

My meters

I know nothing about what a legacy system is , or if it migrated ?????

many thanks for your help

Jane

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Ok, in that case you probably weren’t on the old one - you’d know otherwise.

If the tool worked and gave you the response it has, it worked exactly as I expected. A full diagnostic has been captured and sent to the team. They’ll be in touch soon.

If they can fix the issue remotely, they will - it’s preferable to do that rather than have an engineer visit. As a last resort, an engineer can be requested by that team.

Many thanks for your reply,

still no response from customer services

regards Jane

Userlevel 7

Hey @JaneT2023,

You’ve done the right thing in completing a smart meter health check. The reason for the 45 day working timeframe is because, as advised by Blastoise, the team will attempt to fix the meter issues remotely first. 

In the meantime you can submit meter readings via your Online Account manually. If you’re unable to take a manual meter reading you can be added to our Priority Services Register, a meter reader can be sent to your property on request. This will ensure your bills are accurate.

If you have any issues or concerns please contact our Support Team

Quick update, customer service have been in touch, the problem is in the ovo billing system, they are looking into it, it appears the electric side was put on hold because of the issue in the ovo system,

they have promised to keep us updated while resolving their issues,

thank you and customer support for your help,

regards Jane,

Again many thanks to all 

Jane

Userlevel 7

Glad to hear this @JaneT2023 ! 

Hopefully it gets sorted as soon as possible. Pop back to this topic if you have any further issues 😊

Userlevel 2

I noticed I have some bills missing fro my billing history and started a web chat to try and find out why. After one person disappeared of the chat the next person told me that web chat doesn’t do customer support and I needed to either phone or email. So what is web chat for?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Live Chat does indeed do customer support. Try again and you’ll probably get a better result.

Userlevel 6

Hi @awills61 

Sorry to hear about that.

Like Blastoise186 has said, live chat does have customer support, and they can do most of the same things there as they can on a call, (bar a few data sensitive actions like changing a Direct Debit).

Give them another go if you didn’t try again yesterday, and do let us know if you get on okay.