Solved

Why haven't I received a bill / statement?

Show first post

131 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Anyone know when to recieve  bill statement  as with SSE got email reminder not quite sure how ovo works

Assuming you know when your direct debit goes out, your monthly bill is available a few days later, normally @BlueBox 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

My bills run from 13th to 12th and the dd goes out on the 15th !

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

My bills run from 13th to 12th and the dd goes out on the 15th !

That sounds a little odd but presumably your statement isn’t available until 15/16th?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

I’ve never noticed - I think more likely it’s available on the 13th of the month as as the dd date is the one from the previous month:

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

I’ve looked back through my old bills: I used to be billed from 15th to 14th, then it changed in March 2018 when I moved to a different tariff. 

Userlevel 1

My bill is not direct debit 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

I had a pay on demand arrangement with another property; I took over the bills from 1st June and my first bill ran from 1st June to 2nd July - the bill was dated 5th July.

I think I had 14 days to pay the bill, as I got a reminder on day 15 when I’d forgotten.

Userlevel 7

Hey @BlueBox,

Welcome to the OVO Online Community,

Your first statement following your migration should be produced within 6 weeks. Following that, you’ll get a monthly statement around the same date each month. We also offer live billing, so when you submit a meter reading your account balance will update accordingly, even between statements. The following topics might be helpful to you:

Hope this helps. 

I have not received a gas bill since November 2022 (almost 4 months through the peak of winter); I raised it with OVO in December 2022 and have contacted them multiple since.  I have been told that the case was escalated in December not NOTHING has been done and I still do not know what my bill is - I am worried.  Has anyone faced the same?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Have you received an electricity bill or is that from a different supplier? Have you looked at your online account? Do you pay by direct debit or on receipt of a bill ?

Hi @juliamc ,

I’m a direct debit customer and can see my electricity charges on my bill and the app. Both my gas and electric are with OVO. My online account doesn’t have gas charges either.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

This sounds most mysterious, other customers have reported a brief loss of gas on their account but not a complete lack of billing.

Can you look at you Plan details to see what tariff your account is on. Also can you see meter readings for gas ? Do you have a smart meter ? How long have you been with OVO ? Sorry for all the questions!

It’s very mysterious! I came to the forum because I have exhausted every other option - Ovo can’t tell me when it’s going to be resolved; I want to know how much the bill is so I can prepare!

The meter readings are submitted daily, I’m just not getting billed for it. I’ve been with Ovo for 2 years.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

What does your Plan Details say your account thinks it is ? Eg this is mine 

@juliamc 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Odd that it’s a 2 year fix but the contract start and end dates are only 18 months apart, however I’m not sure that would have any bearing on your bill (or lack of).

So what do you see on this page https://account.ovoenergy.com/meter-readings/history/gas which views your account via a browser rather than the app which is clearer to see - this is mine:

@juliamc i didn’t even notice that - I started the contract in April 2022 as the last one ended in April 2022. That’s another I now need to understand.

The communication has been poor generally and there’s been no resolution.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Meter readings?

Userlevel 7

Hey @FD8819,

Really sorry to hear this, 

It sounds like it’s with the right team but I’m sorry you’ve not been given an exact timeframe for a resolution.

There is always the option to raise a complaint if you’ve exhausted all other avenues.

Hope this gets resolved for you as soon as possible.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@juliamc i didn’t even notice that - I started the contract in April 2022 as the last one ended in April 2022. That’s another I now need to understand.

The communication has been poor generally and there’s been no resolution.

Hi @FD8819 

The date change is due to the change due to the government Energy Price Guarantee which started on 1st October i think. 

You can see that as it has EPG in the name of the plan. 

Your end date for your plan hasn't changed. 

You may not want to do it... OVO can only back bill you 12 months, @Emmanuelle_OVO can confirm that, so you could leave it and see what happens. Depends on what you want to do. 

Can you post an image of what you see on this page? 

https://account.ovoenergy.com/meter-readings/history/gas

We really need to see this if @juliamc and others are going to help you.

We don't work for OVO, we are just customers like you. 

Userlevel 2

Hi There Everyone

I’ve been with OVO for nearly a year and I have a smart meter.

I have just been reading that when my monthly bill is ready to download OVO will email me to let me know. I have never received any emails about my bills,in all that time,I usually just keep checking every few days to see if it is there.

This is not a problem but just wondered why no email.

Thank you in advance for any advice given.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Brewer , there is normally an email sent with a pdf of your bill, at least that’s what I get around 3-5 days after the end of the billing period. 
Whether you’re on a different payment method or system having moved from SSE (looking at your previous post) I don’t know.

As you may know, a copy of the bill is downloadable from your account page

You should definitely be receiving an email.  It looks like the one in the picture below from a No-reply@ovoenergy.com email address.  it has a lot more info below that in the screenshot.

You may wish to check that there is an email address registered with the account and if so contact the Support Team to investigate.  

Userlevel 2

Hi There Everyone

Thanks for your replies. I check my spam/junk folder out of habit and there is no emails from OVO.

I will try and contact OVO tomorrow and check that they have my email address which is the same one when I changed over from SSE.

Thanks again.

PS Does anyone know when they open in the morning.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Actually, I’d recommend waiting until Tuesday to avoid the rush. It’s open from around 8am if you use Live Chat at https://help.ovoenergy.com .