Solved

Why haven't I received a bill / statement?

Show first post

131 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Not sure quite what you mean - as far as I’m aware OVO do produce monthly statements. Am I missing something that’s particular about 3 phase supplies ??

Regarding estimates v actual readings, if you have been billed on the basis of estimates which are too high then send actual readings in weekly (or even daily) and the system will balance out and your dds will settle to the correct value.

Userlevel 1

I am not quite sure that i can make it more simple.

There are no statements posted on the account for September and October 2022. Actual readings were posted by me and double checked that the numbers were accurate when entered. These are not estimated readings. They are ACTUAL readings. Statements should have been created and posted to the account. The sceptic in me says this is a planned activity so that refunds for the excessive overpayment by D D cannot be claimed for. A statement has to be posted by OVO before a refund can be claimed and then only a limited amount.  Things don’t bode well in respect of customer services. Something isn’t quite right in Bristol.

Userlevel 7

Hey @3Phasesupplies,

Sorry for the issues you’re having.

You should get monthly statements. There is more information about our billing systems here:

The good news is we have a live billing system so whenever you submit an actual reading your account balance will update accordingly.

You should be able to download your statements on your Online Account

If you haven’t received a bill that suggests there may be a tech issue on your account. Or, have there been any changes to your account such as a new meter installation?

Hope this helps. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

I am not quite sure that i can make it more simple.

You have ! That’s a much better explanation of you situation !!

Userlevel 1

Emmanuelle_OVO. No that is  not the case. The account has been open for years and almost always estimated readings. When the account became in Credit by more than £3500 the family members were reading the meters for the occupier and these were posted in August, September and more recently in October. These TRUE readings established a much lower payment. The Direct Debit was too high given the algorithms OVO use for estimating annual estimated usage, even taking winter into account. No statements exist for September and October. I am on the site now looking at the statements and payments. As i have stated the account is in Credit by over £5000 and until a statement is produced a refund cannot be requested. We see these as delaying tactics. OVO and it’s agents are not reading and recording accurate meter reading, we are. Over charging and refusing refunds is not the practice we expect. 

Userlevel 7

Hey @3Phasesupplies,

Sorry for the issues you’re having. 

When you say ‘the family members were reading the meter for the Occupier’ do you mean they were submitting the meter readings online or over phone for the account holder?

Or do you mean the account is in the name of ‘The Occupier’ and no one is yet named on the account?

If you haven’t had a bill for a couple of months, there may be a tech issue on the account. Call Support for an up to date statement and refund. 

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 1

Emmanuelle. Thanks for the reply. I will try to be concise. My mother in law is 90. Her husband past 4 years ago. A daughter of the  “Widow”  / occupier established contact with OVO and made all the required financial and contact changes that were required to put the account into the “Widows” name. The widow being my mother in law.

For over 3 years the readings at the property have been estimated. In June this year i was asked to review the billing as a Credit on the account of over £3500 had amassed. Seeing that the meter readings were ESTIMATES i began reading the meters and these  accurate and correct readings were entered on the account ON LINE. A statement was produced in August showing £5300+ in credit and £747 being taken monthly by Direct Debit. Again  in September and October the meters were read and the readings inserted ON LINE into the readings ON LINE.  NO STATEMENT PRODUCED. Still today at 9.30 no statement evident on the account.  My sister in law will contact OVO support when she is back from holiday. She is named as a contact with my Mother in Law as established 4 years ago.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@3Phasesupplies

I know of the confusion caused by me having just 3 meters installed was bad enough, never mind having 5 to deal with.

In short, although my 3 meters could co exist on ovo’s platform quite happily! (sort of)

my 2 smart meters were sending the appropriate data & I could enter the readings from my additional dumb gas meter without issue.👍

But when it came to my monthly billing date, the automated billing system could not cope at all.

I was constantly only being charged on 2 out of my 3 meters,

A phone call to ovo every month & a manual override eventually resulted in correct billing👍

* although being re-billed for any random set for 2 out of my 3 meters once or twice more before all 3 meters were billed had been the norm.

In my particular case, my extra gas meter has always been classified as a single supply & is liable for an extra standing charge, tho your situation trumps mine hands down.

Having an extra meter has upset the automated billing & management no end in the past, with different suppliers.

automated systems couldn’t cope & the human interaction sometimes made things worse 😁

ovo claiming there system can handle 3 meters > should handle 3 meters > we have fixed the issue > ovo giving up on trying to fix the issue > ovo moving my 3rd meter to a separate account all is working well.

I’m sure ovo will get to grips with your meters & account management eventually, but throwing in the work load from the recent energy crisis, I doubt it will be an easy ride, 

Don’t forget to keep us updated.

Tom…

Userlevel 1

Thanks Tom. I will . I sense it will take some time and a greater degree of patience.

Chris

As I have said before, not had a statement since May 22. I put in monthly readings . I am £800 + in credit.  If I request a refund or a dd reduction all I get is "send in a  up to date meter reading" . Ready to look elsewhere.

It wouldn't be so bad if I could actually speak to a human being but I'm in my sixties and life is precious. Getting totally hacked off now 😡

Userlevel 1

Happy to receive your experiences. My involvement is for and with a 90 year old. Over £5400 in credit. I am afraid it might hit the fan sooner rather than later. Ombudsman here we come.

Userlevel 7

Hey @Mr Angry  and @3Phasesupplies,

I’m sorry to hear your issues aren’t resolved.

You can find out more about our Complaint Procedure here. I’d advise emailing complaints@ovoenergy.com.

Hope this helps.

No charges have been applied to my account for electricity usage since May 2022 apart from the standing charge.  My smart meter is sending daily readings.  I have contacted Ovo via customer support, Twitter several times but no one ever follows-up on their commitment to resolve the issue.  Any advice on who to contact would be appreciated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @amancer ,

You’ll want https://ovoenergy.com/feedback for this one.

OVO have only ever billed me for standing charges since I opened the account in June 2021. They have never billed me for my energy use and since the introduction of the energy support scheme they are actually crediting my account as my direct debit continues to be paid and of course is far higher than the standing charges. Numerous phone calls have failed to resolve this. Has anyone else had the same problem?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Jen123 ,

I’m one of the forum volunteers. I don’t work for OVO myself.

Under back-billing rules, it sounds like you’ll only owe OVO for the last 12 months - so approximately December 2021 onwards. Anything beyond that is likely out of scope and should usually be written off.

Have you already tried the complaints process at https://ovoenergy.com/feedback ? If not, I’d definitely recommend it as your next port of call.

Thanks for your reply. I’ll try the complaints service.

Userlevel 7

I’d like to offer some help on this one, @amancer. Our Forum_Support team will reach out via a private message to see what’s happening behind the scenes! 

Userlevel 1

Maybe i have lost something in translation. But if the direct debit is only for the standing charge how was that ever established?

Userlevel 7

Hey @3Phasesupplies,

A direct debit should cover the estimated annual consumption and standing charges. 

If a customer is only being billed for standing charges, but they are using energy then this suggests there is a billing hold on their account, or there’s a technical issue at play. In which case this would need to be raised to the Support Team

Hope this helps. 

Is there a delay with the December statement

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @mitiebob not heard about any delays. Got mine on 6th Jan but they’re always posted on your account online as well. They are timed for a few days after your billing period so it will depend when your payment goes in

https://account.ovoenergy.com/billing-history

Userlevel 1

TO ALL THAT READS THIS. NO  CORRECT STATEMENT FOR JANUARY 2023. THE AGREED TO ARRANGEMENTS MADE WITH OVO CUSTOMER SERVICES ON THE 13TH JANUARY HAVE NOT BEEN APPLIED OR REGISTERED. METERS HAVE BEEN PHOTOGRAPHED AND SENT , AS REQUESTED. NO AMENDMENT OF A DIRECT DEBIT AMOUNT. NO RESPONSE TO REPAYMENT OF OVER CHARGED CREDIT VALUED IN 4 FIGURES.  

OMBUDSMAN NEXT CORRESPONDENCE.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

TO ALL THAT READS THIS. NO  CORRECT STATEMENT FOR JANUARY 2023. THE AGREED TO ARRANGEMENTS MADE WITH OVO CUSTOMER SERVICES ON THE 13TH JANUARY HAVE NOT BEEN APPLIED OR REGISTERED. METERS HAVE BEEN PHOTOGRAPHED AND SENT , AS REQUESTED. NO AMENDMENT OF A DIRECT DEBIT AMOUNT. NO RESPONSE TO REPAYMENT OF OVER CHARGED CREDIT VALUED IN 4 FIGURES.  

OMBUDSMAN NEXT CORRESPONDENCE.

Hi @3Phasesupplies i don't work for OVO.

Have you already put in an official complaint to OVO over 8 weeks ago or have OVO issued a deadlock letter?

https://www.ovoenergy.com/feedback

Once that is done you can take the case to the Energy Ombudsman. 

Userlevel 1

Anyone know when to recieve  bill statement  as with SSE got email reminder not quite sure how ovo works