Solved

Why haven't I received a bill / statement?

Show first post

131 replies

I haven’t received my statement this month, despite it previously coming through around the 8th of every month. I can’t apply for a refund on my balance without a statement, what do I need to do to get it sent?
I've emailed the helpdesk but will post it here out of curiosity...

"I have been looking over my statements and have noticed inconsistencies, it appears I have only been getting statements for Gas since January, where the Electric bill was seemingly high and I have had no electric statements since.

I manually provide my readings every month when requested and looking over them, they are about right, steady with a slight bump over winter.

I am concerned that this electric bill is adding up and you will charge me in one lump sum. Is there a reason I am not currently being billed for my electric usage?"

Nothing has changed with my account, I was billed as normal throughout 2018 but as I say, nothing since a very high one in January...
So, I'm an ex-Economy Energy customer - very happy to be ex- as they were a shower of the proverbial, proved by my final statement where it showed that I was massively in credit for both Gas and Electric.

However, I've had no statement from Ovo since April, so I've got no idea how this has been applied to my account.

My electricity seems to be running in credit (smartmeter was in "credit" mode and submitted no readings from 7th June to 31st July) but I'm cheerfully making payments every month and just racking up positive balance ... but without statements I've got no idea how the credit from Economy has been applied (and suspect the Gas one has been done incorrectly).

Also, my monthly payments were calculated before the final statement from Economy, so I'm clearly being rinsed (again) ... I'd really like to resolve this, very keen to NOT repeat my experience with Economy (who basically fobbed me off for 6 months before they went bust!)
Userlevel 7
Have a look at the 'best answer' at the top of this topic, @DebsS @broady @Mr State - some good advice and the contact details of our Customer Care team if it's still missing! 😊

Hi@Tim_OVO  so I contacted your customer service guys two months ago, was told I would be getting a statement … here we are two months later and still nowt. Contacted them again today and was told “we don’t offer statements to pay as you go customers” … which I get, except I’m not  PAYG

So, what’s occurring? 6 months since I’ve had a statement, which means I literally can’t see what’s gone on with my account … and no, I’m not going to sit down and work it out for myself by piecing it together from my usage - and besides which, there is still the question of my credit from Economy Energy - the only evidence I have that it was applied to my account is a Facebook messenger post from boostpoweruk … not really good enough is it?

Any chance of some proper customer service?

Well, this is brilliant, now the guys at boostpoweruk are telling me that they are nothing to do with Ovo. Despite me having a chat history that says otherwise. Fantastic.

I am not a new customer. I have a Smart meter but the gas element does not work so I submit my readings monthly. Both gas and electricity were on my statement until March. This happened last year when electricity disappeared. It all came back but only when I queried it. Now the same has happened with gas. I used to love Ovo but I am seriously considering changing fuel companies because of this mess. And the fact they can't fix my gas meter. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Updated on 13/09/23 by Abby_OVO:

Sorry to hear your usual monthly billing was delayed. If you haven’t already we’d recommend logging in to your online account or OVO app (download for Android or iOS) too check whether these are available to download via the ‘Billing history’ tab.

​​​​​​If this doesn’t get things sorted there could be a number of other factors involved so it’s worth raising this to the Support Team who can investigate what’s going on with your account. 

Bear in mind that

• You’ve recently switched to us - it can take up to 6 weeks from your switch date to confirm all the info needed to issue your first statement, read more here.
  • You’ve just had a smart meter fitted - again, it can take up to 6 weeks from your installation date, for us to update your account and continue your billing cycle. 

Hope this helps get to the bottom of things.

My electricity bill is not coming. I called but I couldn't get a response about it. Can you help me please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi there @CAGLA YILMAZ !

I can try to offer advice on this, but unfortunately forum volunteers such as myself don’t have the ability to access your account or make changes directly.

Have you only recently signed up with OVO or have you been around for a while? If you can let me know a bit more about what’s going on, I can try to offer better advice on this.

Thanks

Userlevel 7

Hey @CAGLA YILMAZ and Welcome to the OVO online community!

Our community volunteer, @Blastoise186 is right in asking for a few more details - there’s quite a few things that might be causing the delayed statement.

I’ve moved your query over to this similar thread, so check out the best answer for some possible causes - Let us know if this helps answer things for you or you still need more advice, we’re always happy to help get to the bottom of things here! :slight_smile:

I switched back to OVO in January 2021 after a year with Avro and since then my online account has not updated to show any statements!  It is acknowledging that OVO are supplying my energy and at what monthly direct debit but no other info is available.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hiya @chandlm2 !

That seems…  A little strange… Have you checked under Billing History, as you should find all your previous statements there. If you can’t see them in MyOVO, you might also want to check the OVO Energy app as well in case your statements are in there.

If you still can’t find them, please feel free to let the Support Team know and they’ll get right on the case. It’s unusual for this to happen, so I do apologise for the trouble there.

Hopefully this is an easy fix, but if you get stuck, I’ll be right here.

Thanks for your speedy response.  All of the menu items within the portal are ‘greyed out’ and there’s nothing in the app either.  I’ve emailed the support team.

Userlevel 7

Welcome back, @chandlm2!

Great to hear about your switch back in January - just sorry to hear you’re still desperately seeking a statement!

I’ve moved your post over to this bumper thread which outlines a few possible causes - in your case as your switch was over 6 weeks ago, we’d expect for you to have received an opening statement by now. 

As your online account is also not fully accessible this suggests there’s a delay to getting your opening meter readings agreed - as community volunteer @Blastoise186 has already advised - 

let the Support Team know and they’ll get right on the case.

Don’t forget to pop back and let us know how you get on - hope we can get it sorted quickly! :smiley:

Thanks Jess - if there was a delay (of 6 months) getting meter readings agreed I would have expected someone to be in touch.  I’ve paid 6 direct debits already...

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

No worries, hopefully this can be sorted out.

I don’t think I’ve heard about an issue like this for quite a while now and it’s pretty rare for anyone to mention it here. If you’ve been submitting meter readings in the meantime either manually or via a smart meter, this should at least help to get your account back on track and have everything recalculated correctly once this gets resolved. But we’ll be here if you have any trouble.

Userlevel 7

Sorry for the delay, @chandlm2.

If you’ve already emailed the team they should get back to you within 5 days and will be able to see what’s caused the wait. Good to hear that your Direct Debits have been continuing as normal, this means you’ll have a credit balance ready to cover the charges once the statement is issued.

Do let us know how you get on - we’re always on hand here to offer advice where we can. :thumbsup:

Ovo is unable to produce an electricity bill for me, except the standing charge.  I am told that they are receiving meter readings (so the system won’t let me send any in) but since October I have not been billed for useage. I waited while someone looked into this, but it couldn’t be resolved and they didn’t know when it would be. This just leaves me hanging, not knowing how much I am spending. Is anyone else having a similar problem?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey there @Hal ,

Sorry to hear of the trouble. This sounds like an account specific issue and I’m a bit limited as to what I can recommend as a forum volunteer. I can’t access your account so I wouldn’t be able to resolve this myself. However, I think I know the best place to go next to get things fixed up.

Please could you try the Complaints Process if you haven’t already. If it seems like you’re going round in circles, this would be the fastest way to get things going again.

Thank you for the advice, it seems unlikely anything will happen unless I take it further.

Userlevel 7

I’m really sorry to hear that you’re not receiving bills on your account at the moment, @Hal.

As @Blastoise186 mentions without access to your account here we’re not best placed to help work out what’s behind the issue. If you’ve raised this as a complaint in the past and the problem still hasn’t been fixed you’re able to re-open the complaint at any point by getting back in touch with the Support Team.

I’m hoping this helps to get things sorted for you soon.

My account is not being charged for my usage.... I've given meter readings, paid my direct debit, but my account balance just increases..

Userlevel 7

Hi @tonyl641 ad thanks for the first post here!

Are you a new customer? Switched from somewhere else? We’ve made a guide on the process and timeframes here which we updated yesterday: 

Have you had statements and charges before but now they’ve stopped? How long for?

Give us a bit more info and we’ll get you some advice on next steps. In the meantime, a monthly Direct Debit will ensure your account has credit ready for those charges. 

:) 

Userlevel 1

Why would OVO NOT produce monthly statements when historically all ESTIMATED READINGS have resulted in publication of costs  and usage related to electricity consumption. AS the ACTUAL READINGS are now lower than previous estimated readings WHY would OVO request an increase in DD payments.