Solved

Why have I still not received a bill since my smart meters installed?

Userlevel 2
I had Smart Meters (gas and electricity) installed on 3rd March. When will I see my first statement? Your FAQ says it can take 6-8 weeks (though not why it takes so long), but it is now over 10 weeks.

I can see my usage on the website (though strangely not in the app), so I know the meter readings are going to you, and obviously my DD credits are accumulating, so the lack of statements is not a major issue, but presumably I ought to be getting them at some point ...

Richard.
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 18 May 2017, 16:36

View original

48 replies

Userlevel 6
I had Smart Meters (gas and electricity) installed on 3rd March. When will I see my first statement? Your FAQ says it can take 6-8 weeks (though not why it takes so long), but it is now over 10 weeks.

I can see my usage on the website (though strangely not in the app), so I know the meter readings are going to you, and obviously my DD credits are accumulating, so the lack of statements is not a major issue, but presumably I ought to be getting them at some point ...

Richard.

Hi Richard,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

From what you've said I can only speculate that there is a communication issue with the technology.

the first port of call is to reach out to the ovo customer care team either one the phone or using an online platform (if using an online platform please include your full name, address, ovo account number and details of the problem as outlined here) and one of the lovely team will help you sort this out.

Please do let us know how you get on,
Userlevel 2
OK, I've PM'd Tim ...
Userlevel 6
OK, I've PM'd Tim ...

Good stuff am sure @Tim_OVO will pick up your message as soon as he can 🙂
Userlevel 7

Updated on 14/09/23 by Abby_OVO

Great to hear about your newly installed smart meters and an important question to ask about why you’ve yet to receive an up-to-date statement since the smart meter appointment.

If your meters have just been fitted you may not see this reflected on your online account or OVO app (download for Android or iOS) straight away, we usually advise it can take up to 6 weeks from the date the meters were replaced. This is due to the fact that we need to confirm the final meter readings from your old meters before we can amend the details and start billing you on the readings received automatically from your sparkling new smart meters. You might notice a pause to your usual monthly billing during this time too.

If, as in your case, it’s been over 6 weeks since the meters were installed and you’re still not seeing all the up-to-date meter details or a statement, reach out to our Support Team who can check what’s causing the delay.

For a full lowdown on the checks we carry out following the engineer’s visit check out this great user-generated installation guide. Once these checks are complete you should see your usage data update on the ‘usage’ pages of your online account as well as on your In-Home Display (IHD). 

Hope you see those meter details update ASAP - read more about the great benefits of going smart here! :smiley:

OVO member but not got a smart meter yet? - Book today!

Interested but not yet an OVO member? - Check out our plans!

Userlevel 6

Richard.

Thanks @rgphilpott - yes no fear @Mattj3135 I'm here and ready to advise 😛 Well actually, I've already got this sorted and I've sent them a PM to advise.

For anyone else with the same issue, this is often caused by a delay in setting up your account with your new meter details. We allow ourselves 6-8 weeks to get this done, and a delay of this long is perfectly normal. If it's longer, something's not quiet right, and it tends to need someone from OVO to have a quick look and get it sorted. So if it's been over 6-8 weeks since the smart meters were fitted and you still have no bill, drop me a PM with your account number, name and DoB so I can take a look!

Thanks,
Tim

Now that is what you call service! Thank you @Tim_OVO
Userlevel 7
Now that is what you call service! Thank you @Tim_OVO

🆒
I've not received a statement for my gas or electric since 3rd April and wondering why that might be. We switched to smart meters around the 12th April so I'd wondered if that changed the statement date and would be back on track after a month or so, but given its been over 2 months now am thinking something isn't quite right! Any ideas?
Userlevel 6
I've not received a statement for my gas or electric since 3rd April and wondering why that might be. We switched to smart meters around the 12th April so I'd wondered if that changed the statement date and would be back on track after a month or so, but given its been over 2 months now am thinking something isn't quite right! Any ideas?

Hi @tsp welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

From what you've said i can only speculate that a computer error of some kind has occured here. The best way to reoslve this is to reach out to the OVO customer care team who will happily look into this and get your latest bill issued for you.

If you want to speak to ovo online if you drop the wonderful @Emma_OVO a private message with your name, address, account number & date of birth - Emma can then check into this for you.

Please do let us know how you get on

Thanks for posting, @tsp

When you have your meters exchanged, it can take up to 6 weeks for us to receive the relevant information to update your account and the national database with the new meter details. This means you might not receive a statement on your normal date following a smart meter exchange, but you should've received one after 2 months.

As @Mattj3135 mentioned, drop me a PM and I'll chase this up for you.

Just to add, I've tweaked your question and added some tags so it's easier for other users to find the answer.

Hope this helps,
Emma
Hi @tsp welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

From what you've said i can only speculate that a computer error of some kind has occured here. The best way to reoslve this is to reach out to the OVO customer care team who will happily look into this and get your latest bill issued for you.

If you want to speak to ovo online if you drop the wonderful @Emma_OVO a private message with your name, address, account number & date of birth - Emma can then check into this for you.

Please do let us know how you get on

Thanks for posting, @tsp

When you have your meters exchanged, it can take up to 6 weeks for us to receive the relevant information to update your account and the national database with the new meter details. This means you might not receive a statement on your normal date following a smart meter exchange, but you should've received one after 2 months.

As @Mattj3135 mentioned, drop me a PM and I'll chase this up for you.

Just to add, I've tweaked your question and added some tags so it's easier for other users to find the answer.

Hope this helps,
Emma

@Emma_OVO @Mattj3135 thanks for your helpful replies. I've just received a statement through so looks like the 6 weeks after switching to a smart meter was slightly longer but not by too much.

Thanks again.
@Emma_OVO @Mattj3135 thanks for your helpful replies. I've just received a statement through so looks like the 6 weeks after switching to a smart meter was slightly longer but not by too much.

Thanks again.

I'm glad it's been sorted, @tsp

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with in future!

Thanks,
Emma
Userlevel 7
Just a quick one @tsp - I've combined this query to an older topic on the same issue, so it's all in the same place!

Tim
I had smart meters fitted by ovo in April and there taking readings from my electricity meter but not my gas why is this I havent had a statement from them for the last three months either
I had smart meters fitted by ovo in April and there taking readings from my electricity meter but not my gas why is this I havent had a statement from them for the last three months either

Thanks for getting in touch @Bryan

I've added your query to this topic on the same issue, so it's all in the same place! I'd recommend taking a look at Tim's 'best answer' at the top of the page for more information.

As it's been over 8 weeks since your smart meters were fitted and you're still waiting for a statement, drop me a PM with your account number, name and DoB so I can take a look! I'll also make sure we're receiving regular meter readings from them both.

Cheers,
Emily
For some reason Ovo have stopped issuing me with statements, either online (as in the past) or postal. This, of course, makes it difficult to plan ahead. Any ideas why this may have happened? The direct debits are registered ok.
Userlevel 5
For some reason Ovo have stopped issuing me with statements, either online (as in the past) or postal. This, of course, makes it difficult to plan ahead. Any ideas why this may have happened? The direct debits are registered ok.

Hi @dorothey downey,

I've moved your post over here. Has anything changed recently, like having a smart meter fitted? If so, some of the comments above should answer your question. If not, drop the team a message on Facebook or Twitter and they'll be able to give you a hand.

Nancy
Smart gas meter fitted 10th September - no bill yet received despite daily meter readings showing on website.
Hey @richardo - I've moved your query over to a thread on this very topic! Just check out Tim's 'best answer' at the top!
What is a PM?
Userlevel 7

What is a PM?

It stands for a Private Message @richardo - I've actually edited my 'best answer', as sending us mods a Forum PM isn't the best contact channel for you to get a quick response. Instead:

- Send over a PM via Facebook.
- A DM via Twitter.
- A message on webchat via the Help Centre.

Thanks,
Tim

Option 3 of your response is - 'Email us' yet condition 1 of the Self Service Reward has the phrase - "and manage your account through My OVO or the OVO Energy app, rather than via email or on the phone".
My point here is that your advice appears to be in conflict with company policy.
Would it be correct to assume that billing queries may be pursued by email without affecting the self service reward?
Or, more precisely -
"A billing query may be pursued by email without affecting the self service reward, providing such means of contact has been previously authorised by a My Forum moderator"
Userlevel 5
Hey @richardo - if you need to get in touch with us about an account specific query, you won't be penalised for this. We ask that you manage your account as much as you can online, but there will be certain situations where you may not be able to resolve issues by yourself. In this situations, it's absolutely fine to get in touch.
I have been told by Ovo (a few weeks ago) that my new smart meter wasn't attached to my account (or something like that) so my usage couldn't be billed. I was told that an investigation had then been started ( on the basis of my call) but I have had no contact about this since. How long should it take for this sort of thing? I feel like it's not really being treated as important and would like (need) to know how much of refund I am due from the £1700 balance currently on my account!
Userlevel 4
Hi @Gingertone, I've just moved your post here, there's lots more info on this topic!

Thanks,
Ed
I had a smart meter installed in early April 2019 and whilst I have received statements with electricity usage, there is no gas usage on either statement. I'm aware they may be a delay but am concerned the gas bill is going to accumulate. Any help gratefully received. Thanks