Solved

How do I contact OVO Customer Services if I need some help?

Show first post

237 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

You may find it faster to use Live Chat via https://help.ovoenergy.com .

You may find it faster to use Live Chat via https://help.ovoenergy.com .

They couldn't help. I spent two days in a WhatsApp conversation and their final response was to call the PAYG people 🤦🏼‍♀️

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

WhatsApp team can’t always access everything. The live chat directly on that link can

Hi there, been trying to call OVO for over a week and it keeps saying they're having trouble with communication and to call back later? Anyone know what's happening or have an alternate number? It's 0330 3033063 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @susiep0 , if it’s the standard number you need it’s 

Customer Support  -  tel:03303035063 or

Webchat  -https://help.ovoenergy.com/#contact_us_container

Before I give an explanation of the issues I’m experiencing with my account I just wanted to ask the question I’ve asked in the title:

Is there a way I can request a callback from OVO to resolve issues with my account since SSE->OVO transfer?

Here is a (hopefully!) short explanation of the situation with my account since OVO took over my account which I have been unsuccessful in getting resolved despite several hours on the phone and live chat conversations. I am resorting to the support forum in the hope that someone at OVO support can help resolve this situation.

I was an SSE customer who recently came to OVO as part of OVO’s takeover of the SSE domestic accounts. The changeover of my PAYG meter took place around May 26th 2023, however when this changeover happened a problem occurred where top-up payments to my meter would not go through, the payment was made successfully but the amount never arrived on to the meter itself. Subsequently OVO support agents also attempted several top-ups with the same result.

I was initially informed an engineer was needed to attend my home to resolve this, however I then asked to switch the account to a regular monthly plan instead of PAYG. This was apparently changed so at least electricity supply has continued. However, I have had no response as to what happened to the £30 topup (and potentially others?) which never arrived. In addition to the issue of missing topups I also have the remaining issues:

• My Account actually still shows as PAYG when logging into the website, therefore I cannot see any kind of plan details, electricity usage etc.
  • The App seems to know I’m not PAYG however it does not give me any plan ‘name’ or details / costs about my plan.
  • The App is telling me there is a cost of £227.03 to pay, on one of my attempts to resolve these issues via phone call I was previously told this was a cost that transferred over from SSE, however as I was on PAYG with SSE it doesn’t make sense that there would be any cost so this appears to be a mistake. On the previous call I was told this was indeed an error and that it would be removed, however, nothing has changed and this cost is still showing on my account.
  • The Usage Tab in the App only shows a “£0.00” reference to Gas (there is no gas supply to my property), there’s no reference to electricity usage or details about this.

So a problem has definitely occurred when my account moved to OVO which has never been solved or rectified, there is definitely a problem with the account setup. I have had at least three phone calls to try and rectify this issue, I need someone from OVO to please take a further look at what is going on with this account.

(I consider myself to be pretty patient but after spending several hours over several days trying to get a resolution to this I am at a loss as to how unable OVO support seem to be resolve these issues due to PAYG and Pay Monthly support agents being separate, I am constantly bounced between departments with no resolution.)

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi,

The best option for this is probably https://ovoenergy.com/feedback . Once you use that process, someone will be in touch.

@Blastoise186 Thanks, I’ve sent an email to the address on that page. 

It seems almost impossible to call you on the number you provided. When I finally connected it cut off after about 10 mins of waiting.

As you suggest I need to reduce my DD payments. However, it is only possible to increase payments from the Change Direct Debit screen which is obviously useless. I need to know the extent of the overpayment so I can correct my payments with my bank

I asked for a visual display screen to check my energy usage. When your engineer called, he told me I already had a smart meter, which I knew, and could not provide or order the display I asked for.

And finally, please stop asking for meter readings. I have a smart meter.

I have to conclude that OVO customer service is just dreadful. Can you do anything to help or should I switch provider?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Luap ,

Try Live Chat via https://help.ovoenergy.com instead. It’s faster and more reliable.

As for an IHD, I’ve got options for you.

https://smart-meter-help.ovoenergy.com might also fix one of your issues.

Userlevel 6

Hey @Luap 

Sorry to hear about this.

If you’ve not done so already, I’d give the web chat a go at getting through to the Support Team.

And finally, please stop asking for meter readings. I have a smart meter.

As we don’t have access to accounts here at the forum I can’t say if or what the reason for these reminders are, but from my experience they aren’t typically sent out when smart meters are communicating well and sending us regular readings. It may also be worth mentioning this with the Support Team for them to ensure the smart meters are working as they expected. 

I have been trying to sort out my Gas & Electric Payments with OVO on the telephone & my question is How can I speak to a Customer Service Advisor who is based in the UK & can speak English properly,As I am fed up with phoning Ovo & getting an advisor based in the Philippines or God Knows where abroad & the foreign advisor cannot speak or understand English properly,these foreign advisors then get verbally agressive,trying to force me into doing something I don’t want or can afford,or the foreign advisors repeatedly hang the phone up. I am registered on the Priority Services register.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @sarahandamydog5167 OVO don't have offshore call centres.

Some calls for Boost are redirected to South Africa but it does sound like you are with Boost.

You could try webchat if you are struggling with calls

https://help.ovoenergy.com/#contact_us_container

I don't work for ovo, i am just a customer like you

I am with OVO & they are foreign call centres that I am speaking to,as I ask where I am talking to so far have had South Africa,India & Philippines and they do not understand what I am asking & I don’t understand what they are saying,& then the phone is either hung up & the call ended ,or they start getting verbally aggressive, I am classed as a Vulnerable Person & am on the Priority List,why can’t English people based in the UK,& who speak English properly be Answering the calls, and not some foreign person who can’t understand or speak English properly 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

If you use Live Chat, you're basically guaranteed to get someone in the UK. Works every time for me 

Userlevel 2
Badge

This is all I can see when I log into MyOVO. Tried calling OVO and keep getting cut off whilst on hold. Got through and could hear everyone in the call centre but nobody would speak to me . It was as if someone picked up call and put headset on their desk.

so far really shocking service. Just spoke to customer service and they really don’t know what they are doing .

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Try Live Chat instead. It’s faster and more reliable: https://help.ovoenergy.com .

Currently in dispute with OVO over billing. Was forced to go to OVO from SSE.

My experience of customer care team follows - BAD….Very bad...VERY REPEATEDLY BAD.

Typically….

• Call OVO -  usually a call centre in some far flung part of the world (South Africa, Asia) reaching someone with a really thick accent and a very crackly line making conversation EXTREMELY difficult - go through security check - get put on hold for 20+ mins.
  • Finally get through to someone - explain issue - get put on hold again for 10+, 20+ mins. Issue can’t be solved/understood by this person so get put on hold again for 10+, 20+ minutes or transferred to someone else. If transferred;
  • Have to run through security check again with new person and explain issue again to new person - put on hold again for 10, 20, 25 mins while they look at account and attempt to understand the issue.
  • Call gets cut off - start again from beginning, or if not cut off…….
  • If not cut off customer service make promises to rectify account which is NEVER done.
  • If not cut off, customer service make promises to send the information I request which is NEVER sent.
  • If not cut off, I will be transferred AGAIN - security checks AGAIN, on hold AGAIN, issue not resolved AGAIN….transferred AGAIN, promises made AGAIN without action.
  • An endless cycle of calls by me, INACTION by OVO, calls by me INACTION and flim-flam by OVO, calls by me (You can guess the next bit)…….. all while the bill continues to grow…….

Has anyone had a similar experience to me? How did you resolve it? Will I be compelled to go to the ombudsman by OVO????

Although in fairness I expect this post will last no more than five minutes before it is taken down by OVO admins…..

Userlevel 7
Badge

[It’s not a good idea to start multiple threads about the same topic; it’s confusing for all concerned and can waste time for you and those who might try to help you.]

The transition from SSE to OVO hasn’t been trouble-free for every customer, and as you’ve discovered it’s not always clear which bit of the company is responsible for any specific case.

In my experience, the support staff who man OVO’s social media accounts are good at sorting out problems, tracking down the right people to help if they can’t finish the job themselves. Try Twitter (also manned at the weekend): https://twitter.com/OVOEnergy/ .

• Send them a DM explaining the problem; start with the account holder’s name, address, postcode, date of birth and account no., and any case no. the Complaints team have given you.
  • Post a reply alerting them to the DM.

Good luck!

Hi Firedog, thanks for your reply [I wasn't aware that I had started multiple threads about the same topic. One is looking for advice about how to solve the problems with the bill and one is about my experience with customer service] if it appears that way, how do I correct it? I can't seem to delete one of the threads. 

I am extremely reluctant to send account details, date of birth, addresses etc over twitter. I also think I'm WAY beyond that as far as this issue is concerned since this seems to be heading to the ombudsman.

What I need is someone competent in Ovo to to deal with the issue. Maybe they have a dedicated team for dealing with complicated complaints? At this stage I am keeping written records of all interactions with them so prefer to communicate iin writing since I have been getting nowhere over the phone. I have been unable to raise the problem beyond call centre staff and my FOI/Data requests, formal letter of complaint have so far been ignored (no acknowledgement or action). I need a dedicated competent person/ manager to take this on and help me sort it out.

just spent 2 hours on phone about smart meater now feel abused

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Vog4x4 ,

What was it you needed help with? A forum volunteer like myself might be able to assist. We don’t work for OVO, so we’re independent.

Userlevel 6

Hey @Vog4x4 

I’m really sorry to hear about this, that’s really not what we want to hear.

I’m going to have our Forum Support reach out to you, to see what they can do to help you further with the issues you’re having.

Thank you

Anyone ever get any reply to letters sent to rivergate