Solved

Why is my Smart meter In Home Display (IHD) not showing any electricity usage data?

Show first post

204 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Is it switching it off and on again ?Ā 

Iā€™ve switched it off and on quickly, switched it off and left it off for a few hours, moved it next to the meters themselves, nothing changes. The gas is fine, but the electricity sideĀ continues to say ā€œwaiting for dataā€. The engineer who fitted it all said it was quite common for the electricity not to show immediately, give it a few hours. Iā€™m thinking he said that to get out of the house.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Basically, yes.

Iā€™ve switched it off and on quickly, switched it off and left it off for a few hours, moved it next to the meters themselves, nothing changes. The gas is fine, but the electricity sideĀ continues to say ā€œwaiting for dataā€. The engineer who fitted it all said it was quite common for the electricity not to show immediately, give it a few hours. Iā€™m thinking he said that to get out of the house.

That usually means the electric meter isnā€™t responding properly. Itā€™d require remote diagnostics to be sure though.

I had a reply from OVO support, saying they could talk me through it, I said that would be great, thank you. That was two days ago, still waiting.

Basically, yes.

That usually means the electric meter isnā€™t responding properly. Itā€™d require remote diagnostics to be sure though.

I had a reply from OVO support, saying they could talk me through it, I said that would be great, thank you. That was two days ago, still waiting.

I have the same issue, and have had no response and that was two days ago.Ā  Electric is still showing ā€˜waiting for dataā€™ and my meters are communicating with the network.Ā  I even put my IHD on top of my meter, still the same issue.Ā 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Please show me photos of your meters and IHD.

I have good links with Chameleon, Geo and Hildebrand so I might be able to diagnose the issue myself. I canā€™t fix it, but itā€™ll get you somewhere at least!

Thank you. I had a message from OVO support at 11am, wanted to check my email address, ā€œas my user name is different to my actual name, when Iā€™d already given them my name, address and account number. Iā€™m fast losing the will to live.

I donā€™t know if this will help as you canā€™t see much from the meter (electricity) gas is all fine, and to be honest, the gas meter hasĀ been put pretty much on the floor, so canā€™t get a photo of it.but thanks anyway.

Ā 

Sorry, hereā€™s the IHD

Ā 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Ah ha! Geo IHDā€™s are easy for me. Please grab all the Status Codes from System Status in the menu

This?

Ā 

Note the cocodamol behind it, giving me a headachešŸ˜‚

The gas one says connected to gas meter

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Got it!

It sounds like the IHD and ESME (Electric Smart Metering Equipment) arenā€™t talking properly because they arenā€™t allowed to talk to each other. The IHD might need to be paired again.

This is based on a secret document that Geo shared with me.

Any idea how to do that, cos itā€™s beyond me

And if theyā€™re not allowed to talk to each other, why was I given this equipment. OVO support is worse than useless

Ā 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

It can be done with SMETS Commands by the Support Team. Just tell them your IHD is showing Status Code 28-1 which is detailed in the Geo IHD Codes manual that I have.

Itā€™s merely a case of the pairing process not fully completing. It happens sometimes

Did you get my reply?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I did and Iā€™ve already responded

Ok, itā€™s not showing this end. Thanks again

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Ohh ok, that replyā€¦Ā Itā€™s probably been swallowed by the moderation filters. Not much I can do until a moderator reviews it.

Ah, probably because I gave an honest review of the OVO support. Iā€™ll say no more, except that youā€™ve been more helpful.

Hi, Iā€™m sorry to be a pain, I donā€™t know how to contact the support team directly. Can you help, please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

https://help.ovoenergy.comĀ for Live Chat or 0330 303 5063

Thank you again, Iā€™ll try for the phone first on Monday.Ā The live chat isnā€™t the greatest.

Userlevel 7

Hope you get the In Home Display paired up again this week, @Peakay. Anything caught by our spam filter should now be released.

Ā 

Top advice as usual from the one and only bug blaster, @Blastoise186Ā