Solved

Why is my Smart meter In Home Display (IHD) not showing any electricity usage data?

Show first post

204 replies

Hello,

Ā 

I am hoping that this doesn't come across as me being dumb! However, I will ask anyway..ā€¦

Ā 

So I have just had a new gas prepayment smart meter installed, with new IHD3-PPMIDĀ  module all set up.

Currently, it is only displaying the gas meter settings ( working fine) but isn't displaying any electricity readings as yet...is this normal?

Ā 

For the record, my old prepayment electric smart meter was left on by the engineer and topped up with Ā£15 emergency credit, even though it had Ā£75 before today's installation.Ā 

The electric meter is displaying the following message " searching for meters"

Is this something that will rectify itself overnight or is there an issue here?

All help is appreciated!

Regards,

Ā 

Tom

Ā 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Sounds to me like the IHD needs to be authorised again - OVO Support can do that if you reach out to them.

Thank you for the reply.

I took your advice and got straight on to OVO. Thankfully the issue has now been resolved.Ā  Not totally sure what the problem was, however, after aending numerous photos and bother bits of information, the IHD is correctly displaying both gas and electric.

Ā 

Once again, thank you.Ā  Appreciated.

Ā 

Tom

Ā 

Ā 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

No worries, my suspicion is that the IHD was paired to the HAN, connected to the Comms HubĀ and authorised in the Gas Meter to get data from it, but not authorised in the Electric Meter yet. Itā€™s usually a pretty easy fix - just run some SMETS Commands again and it normally resolves pretty fast after that.