• 11 September 2020
  • 69 replies
OVO SMETS2 smart meter In Home Displays (IHD) - Guide

Show first post

69 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @hwaddington ,

Please post photos of your meter and display. We’ll try to figure this out if we can.

How do I reboot IHD 7 please? it isn’t connecting to the meter

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey @Jojojo ,

You can just turn it off using the button on the back and then turn it on again. If it still doesn’t pair, you’ll need to chat with the Support Team to investigate further.

Does the smart energy tracker, when showing the cost of usage,  include the current price guarantee, the daily standing charge and VAT? Or does it only display the unit rate of your plan without these added or deducted? I have been informed that the unit price on my account includes the price guarantee. Does the display reflect this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

It should usually factor all of that in except for the EPG. Whether the EPG is factored in or not depends on how the rates for your account got adjusted. :)

Check to see if they match the account in MyOVO!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The IHD (in home display) should show your current energy rate including standing charge and vat

Thanks. I'm new to an in home display. But I've gone through it again and have found where it displays the tariff, standing charge and it confirms it includes VAT.  

Has anyone else been waiting months for an In House Display? They fitted the Smart Meter but despite numerous requests since September no display has been forthcoming. This would help greatly with monitoring my usage. I can’t believe they are still out of stock. Has anyone else received theirs? And what can I do to get mine? Thank you 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

You might be able to get one faster.

OVO has more stock coming, but it depends whether you want one NOW or whether you’re willing to wait.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Have you seen the Bright App? I do have the in House Display, but I wanted something better. I downloaded the free “Bright” app to my phone. I believe it gets its data directly from the system not your  smart meter. You can also buy an inhouse device from the same people (Hildebrand Technology Ltd  https://shop.glowmarkt.com/)  which then opens up more functions on your phone app. I hardly use the supplied Inhouse Display as the Bright stuff is more helpful and woks anywhere you can get an internet connection.

How to reset OVO smart meter to Zero for Gas/Electricity

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hiya!

I’m sorry, but you can’t reset it to zero as it’s not designed to do that. The stats for Daily/Weekly/Monthly/Yearly/This Year etc will automatically reset themselves at the appropriate intervals.

My in home display says "New Message" how do I read it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Manicrhonddaboy ,

There’s a few ways to do it depending on what you’ve got. Please provide photos of your IHD.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I see. Press the Menu button and scroll until you reach Messages. You can review it from there.

Ok thanks, I will try it.

I was making a smoothie so I unplugged the smart meter to use the charger for it like 4 hours later I replugged it but it won't turn on I'm suspecting that I need to wait a bit BC it has a short battery but idk pls help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

You may need to let the IHD charge for a while before you can power it back on. Try giving it an hour or so.

Worth noting that they’re not meant to run on battery for that entire four hour period, except in emergencies.