Solved

High usage costs shown on my new smart meter In Home Display (IHD) - Are my prices correct?

• 12 January 2018
  • 56 replies

Show first post

56 replies

Yup! Easy peasy. Simply get Support to run Update Tariff Configuration and that should fix everything up

Thanks, I’ll give OVO a call!

I've got a huge charge showing of £29.99 in electric for 1 day!!! it's just not possible, I didn't do anything different to any other day! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @leebyx67 and welcome to this customer forum. Can you give a few more details please .. have you recently switched? Are your meter readings all accurate or are any estimated - often a source of higher than normal costs

I switched at the end of January, my smart meter wasn't working so ovo came out to fit a new one on the 12th April, so readings would start from zero I assume on new meter.... just can't understand why randomly 1 day this week I see a charge like this! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I switched at the end of January, my smart meter wasn't working so ovo came out to fit a new one on the 12th April, so readings would start from zero I assume on new meter.... just can't understand why randomly 1 day this week I see a charge like this! 

During the first few weeks of a new meter it doesn’t always connect and can take a while to get in sync. It’s worth checking your meter readings as they may be estimated for that strange cost. 
https://account.ovoenergy.com/meter-readings

Userlevel 7

Hey @leebyx67,

Can you please upload a screenshot of your meter readings on the Online Account. This should give us more of an idea of what’s happened here.

Please don’t include any personal information in the screenshot.