Emails 179.

Phone calls 77.

Time spent on phone 786mns.(13.1hrs.)

Morrisons Data visits 1.

Bailiffs Letters 3. 

Bailiffs visits 2.

Ovo Collections Officer visits 1.

Case Handlers 20. (names available.) 

Annual Satisfaction Surveys following wrongly closed complaint 2.

Did you get the Energy Ombudsman involved 8 weeks after raising the original complaint? 

No. 

The original problem should have been easily solved so I thought it best to let it run its course and sort itself out. 

My address is ********** Cottage. 

My neighbours address is ********** Farm Cottage. 

Guess where this is going. 

Userlevel 6

Hi @Jeffreytspaulding 

I’m so sorry this has been dragging on for so long and across so many areas.

We don't know any of the details or context behind this complaint and neither will any forum members as we don’t have access to accounts here. My advice would be to ensure your complaint is escalated within OVO to the complaints team where you'll get a dedicated complaint handler. They should either resolve this for you, agree a roadmap with you on the steps to resolve or issue a deadlock letter for you to approach the Energy Ombudsman if a reasonable resolution cannot be agreed upon. If you’ve passed 8 weeks on the complaint, which you clearly have you can then contact the Ombudsman to step in and help you get a resolution. 

We hope we can get this resolved for you directly though. 

Thank you for getting back to me. That’s helpful information.

Yes, I was quite taken aback by the whole thing to be honest!

wow looks like i am in same boat ...i was even told this is my last worning as the call has gon on to long. was taken back..

I keep getting passed around from one person to another even in complaints! Is there anyone in Ovo that can assist and solve an ongoing problem! Has anybody got a name or contact?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Jfbowe , this is a customer forum with users trying to support each other. No-one has access to your account and there are no ‘named’ direct links .. sorry

Userlevel 7

That sounds really frustrating, @Jfbowe. Sorry to hear this. 

If your complaint has already been escalated to the ‘Complaints’ team, you’re in good hands and this is the highest point of escalation within OVO. Our Support team or any moderators here on the forum wouldn’t get involved to offer help at that stage so that the Complaints team can be the one channel to a resolution. It helps to avoid inconsistencies and sets expectations correctly. 

More information on OVO’s complaints process here

Really hope we can get this resolved for you quickly. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @Jfbowe 

I would suggest persevering with the complaints team. 

If it goes on longer than 8 weeks from the initial date of your complaint you can ask the energy ombudsman for help

https://www.energyombudsman.org/

Some customers have reported success escalating to the ovo CEO as a very last resort. His name and the ovo  address is in the public domain on the ovo website

https://company.ovo.com/team/3934/

OVO Energy, 1 Rivergate, Temple Quay, Bristol BS1 6ED.

You can also email his team. He has included an email address for this. 

Raman-feedback@ovoenergy.com

Feel free to post more details of your issue in case any of the regular posters can offer some support 

That sounds really frustrating, @Jfbowe. Sorry to hear this. 

If your complaint has already been escalated to the ‘Complaints’ team, you’re in good hands and this is the highest point of escalation within OVO. Our Support team or any moderators here on the forum wouldn’t get involved to offer help at that stage so that the Complaints team can be the one channel to a resolution. It helps to avoid inconsistencies and sets expectations correctly. 

More information on OVO’s complaints process here

Really hope we can get this resolved for you quickly. 

I have been through the scenario of the complaints team once and still have been unable to get the issue sorted! 

Userlevel 7

Hey @Jfbowe,

I’m sorry to hear this,

If the complaints team are unable to offer a resolution you’ll be able to escalate the complaint further. 

The link shared by Tim shows a breakdown of the full complaint procedure. 

Hope this gets sorted for you.

Hi,

looking for some advice. Received final bill from SSE after recalculation on 20/09 stating due refund of over £2000 and that cheque would be issued. 

I do not have OVO energy account as changed supplier. I have tried using webchat service but they keep telling me to contact SSE (who’s website directs me to contact OVO).

Can anyone advise who best to speak to about this please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Murray Ogilvie ,

It’s definitely OVO in this case - all SSE data has been migrated over and OVO is able to access it.

Hi @Blastoise186 

I agree and there is no way for me to contact SSE anyway. Am I better calling OVO helpline?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

You can try, but there’s also https://ovoenergy.com/feedback - that usually works.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @Blastoise186 

I agree and there is no way for me to contact SSE anyway. Am I better calling OVO helpline?

Worth a try if you are struggling via webchat which obviously isn't great. 

I assume from your post you haven’t received the cheque? 

Also under the ofgem rules you are automatically entitled to £30 compensation if you haven't received the refund without 10 working days of the final bill. 

You are allowed another £30 if that compensation is not then paid within 10 working days. 

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/information-consumers/energy-advice-households/check-if-you-are-owed-money-your-energy-bill

I have sent complaint as webchat unable to assist. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Fingers crossed it will get sorted quickly @Murray Ogilvie 

If you post how you get on, it may help other ex SSE customers having difficulty with the webchat. 

Did anyone actually manage to get a response from OVO about a billing complaint? How do I escalate a complaint when I get no response with the complaint process on OVO website, anyone has any other email address?

Please don't send me back to the OVO complaint email, the chat or the customer service phone,.I've already done that and still havent received any response at all.

I will go the ombudsman route if that's the only way, but would like to get even an attempt of a response from OVO first.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @Cap 

Sorry to hear that. I am just a customer like you. 

Have you tried this?

Make sure you send any emails from the email address you have registered with OVO. Including any complaint emails. 

What date did you put in your complaint? 

No thanks I actually didn't see that one, I have just forwarded them my email to the complaint team, thank you!

My complaint email was only sent a month ago, but before that I have tried contacting them by chat and phone, and I'm only getting random answers (I think they just guess to get rid of me). Then I'm told "I'll forward your case to the billing department" and never hear back.

Userlevel 2

I’ve tried the get in touch with our CEO about my billing complaint and still heard nothing. OVO Support have taken an interest in my complaint and I’m waiting to see if that helps. If it doesn’t I will have to go to the ombudsman. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

No thanks I actually didn't see that one, I have just forwarded them my email to the complaint team, thank you!

My complaint email was only sent a month ago, but before that I have tried contacting them by chat and phone, and I'm only getting random answers (I think they just guess to get rid of me). Then I'm told "I'll forward your case to the billing department" and never hear back.

@Cap

It is worrying that there has been a steady stream of customers struggling with the complaints process over the last few days.I would say more than I usually see as a regular poster on the forum. 

Hopefully something will come out of this longer term

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2023/aug/21/ofgem-orders-ovo-energy-to-improve-customer-service-serious-concerns-complaints

I see you mentioned a month for your complaint. Once 8 weeks have passed you can go to the Energy Ombudsman

Work out the date you can go to the Ombudsman , then every time you interact with OVO tell them this date. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

I’ve tried the get in touch with our CEO about my billing complaint and still heard nothing. OVO Support have taken an interest in my complaint and I’m waiting to see if that helps. If it doesn’t I will have to go to the ombudsman. 

Fingers crossed you will see some progress. 

I would work out exactly when the 8 weeks is up to go to the Ombudsman, then every time you interact with OVO tell them this date. 

@Cap

I see you mentioned a month for your complaint. Once 8 weeks have passed you can go to the Energy Ombudsman

Work out the date you can go to the Ombudsman , then every time you interact with OVO tell them this date. 

Yes, it's definitely worrying and we will be looking to swap provider as soon as we can. 

My issue with the 8 weeks timeline is that Ovo billing department is obviously not waiting for that length of time to escalate things on their side. They already want to double our DD to cover the debt, I don't want it to get worse whilst they blissfully ignore my attempts to contact them!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Cap

Yes, it's definitely worrying and we will be looking to swap provider as soon as we can. 

My issue with the 8 weeks timeline is that Ovo billing department is obviously not waiting for that length of time to escalate things on their side. They already want to double our DD to cover the debt, I don't want it to get worse whilst they blissfully ignore my attempts to contact them!

If you haven’t already, try calling the collections team and ask them to freeze your DD at the lower level for 3 months

0800 0699 831

The ovo moderators often recommend that. I don't know enough about your issue to know if they are likely to do that, I haven't read all your posts. 

All I would say is OVO are far from the worst supplier looking at Trustpilot, Which and Ofgem ratings so be careful if you decide to switch based on this issue you are having.