Solved

Android app has stopped showing electricity usage - gas is still showing?

Show first post

149 replies

Userlevel 2

@Emmanuelle_OVO

@squiffell 
@Jeffus 

Just looked at it a bit deeper, it seems to be recording electric usage now, I’m getting a monthly reading but nothing daily or hourly. When I’ve looked at meter readings there’s none since 2015 when the smart meter was Installed, is there anyway I can see a reading on the smart meter because when I looked the screen is blank, I don’t look so not sure if it’s usually blank 

Userlevel 2

Just looked at it a bit deeper, it seems to be recording electric usage now, I’m getting a monthly reading but nothing daily or hourly. When I’ve looked at meter readings there’s none since 2015 when the smart meter was Installed, is there anyway I can see a reading on the smart meter because when I looked the screen is blank, I don’t look so not sure if it’s usually blank 

That's normal. You need to press 9 ti activate the Display. It then displays various readings. Will send you link to help with all that info in a bit.

Userlevel 2

That's normal. You need to press 9 ti activate the Display. It then displays various readings. Will send you link to help with all that info in a bit.

In the app: Help > Meters, readings and usage > Using your smart meter > Smart meter buttons and lights

Userlevel 2

More here: Help > Meters, readings and usage > Using your smart meter > Readings and usage > How to read smart meters

HTH

Userlevel 2

Thanks for that @Emmanuelle_OVO  just checked readings, could you tell me why when checking meter readings on the OVO app I only see readings from 2015 and they are also bigger readings than now, it’s all gone a bit crazy, one thing sorted and another now not as it should be.

Gas readings fine

Userlevel 2

Thanks for that @Emmanuelle_OVO  just checked readings, could you tell me why when checking meter readings on the OVO app I only see readings from 2015 and they are also bigger readings than now, it’s all gone a bit crazy, one thing sorted and another now not as it should be.

Gas readings fine

Uhm, it wasn't Emanuelle who sent today's responses but me, squiffell, and I can't help with that last question , I'm afraid 😊

Userlevel 2

@Emmanuelle_OVO

I have the same issue as @Samuel.

Userlevel 1

Although daily gas usage is showing since 6th November, electricity is not. Total usage to date seems to be showing in the front of the app. 

Is anyone else getting this problem?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ChrisHarris   how long have you had your smart meters? It can take a few weeks for things to settle down. 
If you’ve had them for a while, there are occasional drop outs - you can check in your meter readings part of the app/ or online 

Userlevel 2

@Emmanuelle_OVO 

Following on from my last post, this is what the app home page displays today. Looks like it's forgotten all the historic meter readings from the day my smart meter was installed in 2014. 

Userlevel 1

Hi @BPLightlog I've had it for 3 years now. First time I've had any dropouts. I'll check via desktop and see what is happening there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @ChrisHarris 

Check out this page on the website not the app

https://account.ovoenergy.com/meter-readings/history/electricity

Here is mine with an example it missed a reading on 5th November which is very rare for me but does happen. 

Also worth running the smart meter check to see if your meter is on the DCC (Data Communication Company) network yet. 

https://smartmetercheck.citizensadvice.org.uk/

https://www.smartdcc.co.uk/

Userlevel 1

Thank you @jeffus, my meter was installed in 2018 so not on DCC. Checked online account and all readings are there, so just a problem with the android app. Will see if it sorts itself out over the next week.

@squiffell  I am having the same issue on my account, it shows meter serial numbers for old meters and says last meter reading was 2018 (which is when I swapped to smart meter). Online chat advised they would raise with support. I also raised the issue on Twitter, someone was looking into it for me but I haven’t heard back yet!

Userlevel 2

Uhm, it wasn't Emanuelle who sent today's responses but me, squiffell, and I can't help with that last question , I'm afraid 😊

Sorry about that squiffell

Userlevel 2

@squiffell  I am having the same issue on my account, it shows meter serial numbers for old meters and says last meter reading was 2018 (which is when I swapped to smart meter). Online chat advised they would raise with support. I also raised the issue on Twitter, someone was looking into it for me but I haven’t heard back yet!

Getting a response is difficult, I’ve written letters, online chat, complaint all with no response, I do get some help here but unfortunately the problem isn’t resolved and seems to change every few days

Userlevel 2

@Emmanuelle_OVO hope you had a good weekend. Will you raise the new issue internally, please, and get this sorted. Thank you.

Userlevel 7

Hey @ChrisHarris,

We’ve had this similar issue on the Forum:

But this seems to be affecting customers with first generation meters recently enrolled on the DCC:

See if the usage information comes back in a few days, if not, please keep us posted on this thread.

Userlevel 1

@Emmanuelle_OVO I’ll keep checking, no change today. 7th November to 13th Novemer showing 0.00 for electricity. Gas is showing ok.

Userlevel 7

Hi @squiffell @Samuel @NicW 

Thanks for taking the time to document what you’re seeing here. This seems like a developing situation and it’s great to be able to compare between customers. 

Please be advised that the OVO Forum is not the right way to get account specific advice. We can’t access accounts or pass on account specific info to you. 

I’d be happy to ask the owners of these products general questions or flag something generally, like Emmanuelle did last week. But inevitably I’ll be asked for more details. For example, does everyone have the first generation Aclara smart meter? Does everyone have an Android? Is the app and the online account showing the same changes? 

If we can confirm a common issue, my comment to the product team may be valuable. Otherwise the best thing to do is raise it directly with our Support team. That way a ‘ticket’ gets created and sent to that team, with common issues being prioritised. 

Userlevel 2

Hi @squiffell @Samuel @NicW 

Thanks for taking the time to document what you’re seeing here. This seems like a developing situation and it’s great to be able to compare between customers. 

Please be advised that the OVO Forum is not the right way to get account specific advice. We can’t access accounts or pass on account specific info to you. 

I’d be happy to ask the owners of these products general questions or flag something generally, like Emmanuelle did last week. But inevitably I’ll be asked for more details. For example, does everyone have the first generation Aclara smart meter? Does everyone have an Android? Is the app and the online account showing the same changes? 

If we can confirm a common issue, my comment to the product team may be valuable. Otherwise the best thing to do is raise it directly with our Support team. That way a ‘ticket’ gets created and sent to that team, with common issues being prioritised. 

@Tim_OVO , @Emmanuelle_OVO asked me privately for my account details last week so it seems to be possible to look into individual issues here. 

Userlevel 2

@Tim_OVO this forum was a last resort for me, as I’ve said a few times before.

, I tried the online chat, tried writing a letter and tried customer services twice both times getting different advice and both times saying someone will contact me (they didn’t) I even complained and no ones even bothered to a sewer that, in my experience the customer service is sadly lacking or even none existent I have have had some help on here by @Emmanuelle_OVO and a few others but sadly the problem is not resolved 

Userlevel 2

@squiffell @Tim_OVO  @Emmanuelle_OVO i know your having the same problems as me, thought I’d update the phone call I’ve had today re the only meter readings i have are from 2015/14 that’s on the app and online

the call handler says I don’t have an electric smart meter (i do) only gas, don’t think she believed me, I have to send a photo of it to OVO. I cant send in a meter reading as requested as it won’t accept it as the reading on 2015 was 98*** and now 36*** so understandably confused as am I, asked what the plan was ?? Wait 2 days and see if fixed. Anyone now how I can escalate this problem as the stress is unbearable, how do I speak to someone who has a clue……Help 

Userlevel 2

@squiffell @Tim_OVO  @Emmanuelle_OVO i know your having the same problems as me, thought I’d update the phone call I’ve had today re the only meter readings i have are from 2015/14 that’s on the app and online

the call handler says I don’t have an electric smart meter (i do) only gas, don’t think she believed me, I have to send a photo of it to OVO. I cant send in a meter reading as requested as it won’t accept it as the reading on 2015 was 98*** and now 36*** so understandably confused as am I, asked what the plan was ?? Wait 2 days and see if fixed. Anyone now how I can escalate this problem as the stress is unbearable, how do I speak to someone who has a clue……Help 

Groan! Thank you for sharing this with us, @Samuel. That's exactly the kind of story about customer service you read in the Ovo FB page.

I don't want to send a electricity meter reading as according to the android app my last meter reading was on 30 September 2014 and 1181 and now is over 20.000. Can you imagine the cost??? According to myaccount on the web the last reading was on 6 February 2014 but there are meter readings showing every day. This is very frustrating. At any other time, I might have considered changing suppliers, even though I've been with Ovo since the beginning and have always been happy with things.

Please, @Emmanuelle_OVO, help us get to the bottom of this.

Userlevel 2

@squiffell yes I’ve been with OVO for ages too but this is the first time I’ve needed to get in touch, the ones I’ve spoken to are clueless, not their fault I suppose but not mine either. I’ve looked into complaining to the energy ombudsman which I still may do but you have to give them 6-8 weeks to sort things first. I won’t let this drop though, who knows what my next bill will be