Solved

Android app has stopped showing electricity usage - gas is still showing?

Show first post

149 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

In fact @squiffell and @Samuel had the issue start on the same day as well

Userlevel 2

In fact @squiffell and @Samuel had the issue start on the same day as well

Just looked at my bill for October and 19th is the last day the electricity was read. That's really strange because the meter is still sending readings and the reading I took a minute ago is just a teeny bit higher than the meter reading in the app/my OVO account online.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Just looked at my bill for October and 19th is the last day the electricity was read. That's really strange because the meter is still sending readings and the reading I took a minute ago is just a teeny bit higher than the meter reading in the app/my OVO account online.

Am not surprised. 

It doesn't appear to be an issue with your meter or ovo receiving the daily smart meter readings as we can see them on the readings page you posted. 

Something appears to have gone wrong with your account updating your usage and bills unfortunately.

Sometimes these issues just get fixed in the background but you should raise it with the ovo support team. 

Userlevel 2

Am not surprised. 

It doesn't appear to be an issue with your meter or ovo receiving the daily smart meter readings as we can see them on the readings page you posted. 

Something appears to have gone wrong with your account updating your usage and bills unfortunately.

Sometimes these issues just get fixed in the background but you should raise it with the ovo support team. 

Will do!

Userlevel 2

I raised my issue firstly on an online chat which offered no solution, then I looked on this forum and saw it wasn’t just me, I then did as they asked and wrote a letter to which I’m still awaiting a reply, I then decided to phone and opt for the urgent/dire need which didn’t seem right but there was no other option. They went through the problem and I’d say grasped 50% of what I was saying, they said I would be contacted in 3 days, we’re now on day 2 and nothing, 1 day left ?? Let’s see if they contact me 

Userlevel 2

Yep, and it looks like yours up to 19 October, since then this displays for each day, different dates, of course.

This is exactly like mine

Userlevel 2

I raised my issue firstly on an online chat which offered no solution, then I looked on this forum and saw it wasn’t just me, I then did as they asked and wrote a letter to which I’m still awaiting a reply, I then decided to phone and opt for the urgent/dire need which didn’t seem right but there was no other option. They went through the problem and I’d say grasped 50% of what I was saying, they said I would be contacted in 3 days, we’re now on day 2 and nothing, 1 day left ?? Let’s see if they contact me 

Please keep me posted. I'm planning on sending an e-mail tomorrow.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Please keep me posted. I'm planning on sending an e-mail tomorrow.

Include a link to any appropriate threads on this forum. 

OVO are not taking emails but you can send them a private message via their twitter account.

The ovo staff there have access to your account. It is an official channel for OVO. 

You need to include your name, address, account number and date of birth in the private message for security purposes. You can attach images.

Then you will have a permanent date and time stamped audit trail of anything you send and ovo reply, including the names of the ovo staff.

They usually reply in 24 hours in the week often quicker.

You can do something similar on the ovo Facebook page but I haven't done that. 

Userlevel 7

Hey @squiffell,

Welcome to the OVO Online Community.

I can see @Jeffus has already given some really helpful advice here. I’d contact Support with the above information.

We’ll keep an eye out to see if it’s a wider issue, if it is we can report it internally. Do let us know if you get any updates or it starts working again.

Keep us posted with how you get on. 

Userlevel 7

Hey @Samuel and @squiffell,

If you've got a first generation smart meter, I wonder: you might have recently been enrolled. That would cause some issues?

We’ve got a helpful guide about this topic here:

Hopefully, once the enrollment is completed the usage data should automatically rectify itself. If we get any more information about this, we’ll update this thread.

Hope this helps. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hey @Samuel and @squiffell,

If you've got a first generation smart meter, I wonder: you might have recently been enrolled. That would cause some issues?

We’ve got a helpful guide about this topic here:

Hopefully, once the enrollment is completed the usage data should automatically rectify itself. If we get any more information about this, we’ll update this thread.

Hope this helps. 

Sorry to call this out @Emmanuelle_OVO 

OVO are receiving daily smart meter readings. They are all on the readings page.

https://forum.ovoenergy.com/smart-meters-136/android-app-has-stopped-showing-electricity-usage-12452?postid=66669#post66669

They are not being picked up on the bills.

There is something wrong with a few people. It is a struggle to communicate to the Support Team. I am not convinced they understand yet. 

Userlevel 2

Sorry to call this out @Emmanuelle_OVO 

OVO are receiving daily smart meter readings. They are all on the readings page.

https://forum.ovoenergy.com/smart-meters-136/android-app-has-stopped-showing-electricity-usage-12452?postid=66669#post66669

They are not being picked up on the bills.

There is something wrong with a few people. It is a struggle to communicate to the Support Team. I am not convinced they understand yet. 

@Emmanuelle_OVO@Jeffus Jeffus explains it beautifully. It's also almost impossible to get through to support on the phone. It would therefore be much appreciated if you'd escalate this issue.

Userlevel 7

Hey @squiffell and @Jeffus,

I’ve raised this internally.

If I get any updates on this, I’ll update this Forum thread.

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 2

Hey @squiffell and @Jeffus,

I’ve raised this internally.

If I get any updates on this, I’ll update this Forum thread.

Hope this helps.

Thank you!

Userlevel 7

Hey @squiffell and @Jeffus,

This has been raised internally, so we can keep tabs and let them know if any more customers are affected by this.

I’ve been told that Support should be able to re-play the reads and regenerate the consumption charges, which will fill in any gaps. 

Hope this helps. 

Userlevel 2

@Emmanuelle_OVO is this the sscreenshot you asked for in your PM?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Samuel @squiffell the smart meter checker looks like it is working again today so give it a go and see if it shows anything.

https://smartmetercheck.citizensadvice.org.uk/

I expect it will say it can't find your meter

Userlevel 2

Smart meter check done 

Userlevel 2

@Jeffus@Emmanuelle_OVO 

Same result as @Samuel 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Samuel @squiffell that is to be expected. It is not a error. 

Recently the tool wasn't working, hence the reason it was worth checking again. 

The DCC  https://www.smartdcc.co.uk/ is working though the migration. Not specifically related to OVO. 

Any that don't migrate, in theory get replaced next year if nothing changes. 

@Emmanuelle_OVO posted this previously, here it is again just in case you missed it.

Userlevel 2

@Samuel @squiffell that is to be expected. It is not a error. 

Recently the tool wasn't working, hence the reason it was worth checking again. 

The DCC  https://www.smartdcc.co.uk/ is working though the migration. Not specifically related to OVO. 

Any that don't migrate, in theory get replaced next year if nothing changes. 

@Emmanuelle_OVO posted this previously, here it is again just in case you missed it.

I understand. My meter is still sending half-hourly readings as verified the other day. 

Userlevel 2

@Emmanuelle_OVO@Jeffus@Samuel 

Some electricity readings have been restored, though the daily usage figures are not available either online or in the Ovo app.

Userlevel 2

Some electricity readings have been restored, though the daily usage figures are not available either online or in the Ovo app.

Userlevel 2

Userlevel 2

Yes mines now up and running at last, thanks for everyone’s help