Solved

Android app has stopped showing electricity usage - gas is still showing?

Show first post

149 replies

Userlevel 7

Hey @ChrisHarris,

Thanks for your response, 

Are you able to send a screenshot of what you’re seeing on the Online Account?

Userlevel 7

Hey @Samuel and @squiffell,

Sorry for the issues you’re having,

I’ve already raised this internally to the product team with a link to this Forum thread. Unfortunately, we don’t access customer accounts on the Forum, but we do flag issues if they seem to be affecting a number of customer, as in this case. 

Userlevel 2

Hey @Samuel and @squiffell,

Sorry for the issues you’re having,

I’ve already raised this internally to the product team with a link to this Forum thread. Unfortunately, we don’t access customer accounts on the Forum, but we do flag issues if they seem to be affecting a number of customer, as in this case. 

@Emmanuelle_OVO 

The problem is that the issues keep changing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Thank you @jeffus, my meter was installed in 2018 so not on DCC. Checked online account and all readings are there, so just a problem with the android app. Will see if it sorts itself out over the next week.

@ChrisHarris you can check the same meter reading page on the app. Click on Account at the bottom of the app. Then Meter readings. You should see the same meter reading info on the app and website. 

What is on the Usage page isn't guaranteed to be the same as that on the Meter Reading page. 

Userlevel 1

@Emmanuelle_OVO  here are screenshots of both online and android app of energy usage. The meter readings are showing on both. Fist screenshot is online.

Android App

Userlevel 1

@Jeffus Thank you. It is useful to see daily usage. I do understand that what is on the usage page is not necessarily guaranteed to be the same as the meter reading.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Jeffus Thank you. It is useful to see daily usage. I do understand that what is on the usage page is not necessarily guaranteed to be the same as the meter reading.

Yep. Only checking as yours is definitely not the same issue that @Emmanuelle_OVO is linking you to. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hey @ChrisHarris,

We’ve had this similar issue on the Forum:

But this seems to be affecting customers with first generation meters recently enrolled on the DCC:

See if the usage information comes back in a few days, if not, please keep us posted on this thread.

@Emmanuelle_OVO this issue @ChrisHarris is seeing is definitely not the same issue as your first link.

As @ChrisHarris says, he can see info on the Meter Reading page fine.

The customers in the link have had several years smart meter readings deleted from the Meter Reading page...they are in a dramatically worse position. 

Userlevel 1

Yep. Only checking as yours is definitely not the same issue that @Emmanuelle_OVO is linking you to. 

Daily usage is not showing on both online and android app although meter readings show on both. This is only happening to electric reaings. I cannot seem determine if my meter has been switched to DCC but that may be the problem if it has.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Yep. Only checking as yours is definitely not the same issue that @Emmanuelle_OVO is linking you to. 

Daily usage is not showing on both online and android app although meter readings show on both. This is only happening to electric reaings. I cannot seem determine if my meter has been switched to DCC but that may be the problem if it has.

@ChrisHarris nothing specific to suggest it is to do with the DCC switch but of course it could be.  Some of us with SMETS2 meters were missing 30min usage data over October before it came back. @Emmanuelle_OVO ​​​​@Tim_OVO tracked the users impacted at that time

Userlevel 7

Hey @squiffell,

Sorry your issues are still on-going,

If you haven’t already raised this to Support I'd advise doing so, they’ll be able to access your account. If you’ve contacted Support already and you are unhappy with the resolution provided, you can find out more about our complaint procedure on the website.

If I get any updates about this issue my end, I'll update this thread. 

Hope this helps. 

Userlevel 2

Hey @squiffell,

Sorry your issues are still on-going,

If you haven’t already raised this to Support I'd advise doing so, they’ll be able to access your account. If you’ve contacted Support already and you are unhappy with the resolution provided, you can find out more about our complaint procedure on the website.

If I get any updates about this issue my end, I'll update this thread. 

Hope this helps. 

Okay, thank you, @Emmanuelle_OVO.

Userlevel 7

Hey @ChrisHarris,

Thanks for your response, 

I’d advise contacting Support and raising this issue, I’d advise asking them if you have recently been enrolled on the DCC, or if it’s been initiated. We’ve had an issue with a number of our customers who’ve recently been enrolled and we’ve raised this internally and it’s been raised to the DCC. It seems to be affecting third parties such as Bright as well. 

If not, as @Jeffus advised, yours might be a separate technical issue. 

Keep us posted with how you get on.

Userlevel 1

@Emmanuelle_OVO Thank you. Support have onfirmed that my meter is not on DCC  yet. They are forwarding the problem on to their programmers. 

Userlevel 2

@Emmanuelle_OVO just read your answer to @squiffell not sure if you’re aware but when you raise a complaint via the complaints procedure no one responds to that complaint, when you write a letter no one responds to the letter, not good 

Userlevel 2

@Emmanuelle_OVO just read your answer to @squiffell not sure if you’re aware but when you raise a complaint via the complaints procedure no one responds to that complaint, when you write a letter no one responds to the letter, not good 

@Samuel @Emmanuelle_OVO @Jeffus 

I've decided to wait until January. Once all older electricity meters have been migrated the issue should be resolved. Here's hoping!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Emmanuelle_OVO just read your answer to @squiffell not sure if you’re aware but when you raise a complaint via the complaints procedure no one responds to that complaint, when you write a letter no one responds to the letter, not good 

I've decided to wait until January. Once all older electricity meters have been migrated the issue should be resolved. Here's hoping!

Fingers crossed. 

In theory any meter that doesn't successfully migrate by the end of 2022 will then be replaced. 

The official position on replacement is currently

​​

If you have a meter that cannot be transferred to DCC then suppliers have to take all reasonable steps to replace your meter with a SMETS 2 meter by 31st December 2023

Userlevel 2

Fingers crossed. 

In theory any meter that doesn't successfully migrate by the end of 2022 will then be replaced. 

The official position on replacement is currently

​​

If you have a meter that cannot be transferred to DCC then suppliers have to take all reasonable steps to replace your meter with a SMETS 2 meter by 31st December 2023

Thanks, @Jeffus. I've had no communication whatsoever from OVO about migration or replacing meters. If it wasn't for your input here I'd be completely unaware.

Userlevel 2

That’s the end of 2023 @squiffell so you may have a long wait 

Userlevel 2

That’s the end of 2023 @squiffell so you may have a long wait 

Oh, oops. Thanks for pointing that out, @Samuel, though my meter might be migrated sooner. Or maybe I'll just apply for my gas and electricity meters to be replaced with the latest models.

Userlevel 2

@Samuel @NicW @Jeffus @Emmanuelle_OVO 

Quick update: I've managed to speak to an agent via WhatsApp. After taking a picture of my electricity meter and giving him the serial number, the agent looked into the issue, established that my account needs to be updated but that my meter is still sending readings. He advised me that he's referred the issue to the relevant department. It  could take up to 45 days for the account to be updated. Now, we wait.

Also, my meters are probably too old for migration and will likely have to be replaced by the latest models.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Samuel @NicW @Jeffus @Emmanuelle_OVO 

Quick uodate: I've managed to speak to an agent via WhatsApp. After taking a picture of my electricity meter and giving him the serial number. The agent looked into the issue, established that my account needs to be updated but that my meter is still sending reading. He advised me that he's referred the issue to the relevant department. It  could take up to 45 days for the account to be updated. Now, we wait.

Also, my meters are probably too old for migration and will likely have to be replaced by the latest models.

Hi @squiffell good to hear you got to speak to someone. Fingers crossed it will get resolved.

Userlevel 2

At least we are all getting similar information now, I’ve sent pictures of my meters and serial numbers too and told to wait 47 working days ( I actually thought he said 4-7) anyway hope we all get sorted 

Userlevel 2

@Jeffus @Samuel @Emmanuelle_OVO 

Weyheyyy! The android app is showing electricity readings again!

Userlevel 2

Pleased for you, mines a bit more hit and miss