Solved

We've just moved in to a house you supply, how do I change the name on the OVO Energy account?

Show first post

108 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @Anvitha

Have you tried this?

https://my.ovoenergy.com/request-access

Welcome to the forum. 

I don't work for OVO i am just a customer like you

Yes, it has not worked

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Yes, it has not worked

Did it not recognise your email address? 

Userlevel 7

Hey @Anvitha,

Sorry for the issues you’re having,

When you move into a home supplied by OVO you shouldn’t need an account number to register?

The account number you have on your letters sounds like it might be an ‘Occupier’ account. Please disregard these letters as you need to set up an account in your name, please try and set up an account through this link.

If you get an error message please upload a screenshot to this thread. You can also ‘move in’ to a new address by calling Support on 0330 303 5063.

It sounds like you’ve been making payments to The Occupier account via bank transfer, once you’ve set up an account in your name you can send us proof of payment and we’ll transfer the credit to your account.

Hope this helps. 

I moved into rental accomodation in mid Oct 22.My apartment is supplied by Ovo. I have tried to call 0330 303 5063 {countless times) but its always busy to set up an account in my name. Ive received communication directed to “the occupier” with credits but never a bill.The place is fitted with a Smart meter.

I do not want to pay by DD 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

You need to set up an account urgently, before it goes into debt collection. Please do so via https://switch.ovoenergy.com preferably immediately and use DD just to get things going. You can always change your mind later and switch to paying on-demand once you’ve cleared the arrears.

Recently I moved to a new house which is supplied by ovo energy. I tried calling to get the account number. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hiya!

Please use https://switch.ovoenergy.com for this. You don’t need the existing account number. You’ll get a new one via that tool instead.

Can I get monthly payment option other than direct debit

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

You have to phone up for that and set up the account over the phone. It’s much faster to just go Direct Debit and is around £200 a year cheaper on average.

I tried calling since 2 week's nobody responded. Kindly do the needful to get account number. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

As mentioned, the fastest way to get one is to sign up via https://switch.ovoenergy.com and use the Direct Debit option.

Userlevel 7

Hey @Fathima,

Welcome to the OVO Online Community,

I can see @Blastoise186 has already given some helpful advice here:

As mentioned, the fastest way to get one is to sign up via https://switch.ovoenergy.com and use the Direct Debit option.

Just wanted to add we have a tutorial on this topic which might be helpful to you:

I just want tO ask about My bill can i change My name oN My electricty bill please

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey @Dos santos ,

The easiest way is almost certainly to create a NEW account via https://switch.ovoenergy.com .

Userlevel 7

Hey @Dos santos,

Welcome to the OVO Online Community,

Have you already set up an account with us? If so you’ll need to contact our Support Team, they’ll go through data protection on the account and can update the name for you. We have a similar topic which may be helpful to you:

If you want to change the person named on the properties account then please set up a new account in your name:

Hey @Dos santos ,

The easiest way is almost certainly to create a NEW account via https://switch.ovoenergy.com .

Hope this helps. 

Hey guys,

I have a received a bill with my name on it, I have never registered for any energy company, never needed to. I am always renting a room in a house/flat with the bills all paid by the landlord. I tried contacting OVO by phone and via email to ask why am I getting these bills but no answer.

My landlord said it should not come my way as he is the one responsible.

Any idea what should I do?

thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey @mahmoudsmonem ,

Hmmm… Sounds to me like someone isn’t paying the bills to OVO properly…

Try the Collections Team on 0800 069 9831 as they might be able to fix this. You’ll need to prove you’re not responsible for the bills and they’ll be able to advise on how to do that. As long as you satisfy OVO that it’s not you who should pay, you shouldn’t get any more bills.

Hope this helps

Hey @mahmoudsmonem ,

Hmmm… Sounds to me like someone isn’t paying the bills to OVO properly…

Try the Collections Team on 0800 069 9831 as they might be able to fix this. You’ll need to prove you’re not responsible for the bills and they’ll be able to advise on how to do that. As long as you satisfy OVO that it’s not you who should pay, you shouldn’t get any more bills.

Hope this helps

Thank you, I guess that’s what I will do, but I don’t really get why this should happen and I waste my morning chasing this!

Hello new and first ever question..

20 odd years ago we moved in with a family member all agreeing it was for the best..

However  10 years on it’s turned sour, not on speaking terms..

With all the discounts available my wife and I are registered disabled, I’m classed as vulnerable too, and told to do the full shielding process.

We asked to be put on the bill so we can apply for the help available, yet the bill is in the family members name, we’ve asked to be put on it as we pay the bill, and he’s refusing to put us on the bill keeping it in his name stopping us getting any help, please advise if we can do anything as we can’t afford the price hike..

Seems where being held back to get help we’re intitiled too..

Any advice would be appreciated as we’re totally unsure..

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi,

I don’t work for OVO.

Unfortunately you can’t be added to the account without permission of the account holder. Your options are unfortunately extremely limited and I’m not sure you can do much to solve this one.

Userlevel 7

Hey @tjn23,

Really sorry to hear of the issues you’re having,

Hi,

I don’t work for OVO.

Unfortunately you can’t be added to the account without permission of the account holder. Your options are unfortunately extremely limited and I’m not sure you can do much to solve this one.

@Blastoise186 is correct here, if you wanted to be added to the bill. However, you can call and get the bill put solely in you and your wife’s names. To do so just call Support on 0330 303 5063. This advice is providing you are liable for the bills in the property.

Hope this helps. 

Wow Thanks for the speedy replies..

I’ll show my Wife the responses here, she understands things more than me, I’ve asked him multiple times but every time the bill arrives it’s in his name still, guess it’s easy if your not the one paying the increased bill..

Again Thankyou tjn23

Hello, 

I recently moved into a new flat supplied by Ovo and I filled out the moving in form and was told my account would be set up and I’d receive an email and then I’d be able to set up my online account and submit meter readings etc. 

It has been well over a week and I haven’t had any communication from Ovo. My partner called up and asked but Ovo had no record of the account being set up and the people on the phone were quite unhelpful. However, Ovo had managed to set up a direct debit and we're going to bill us £209 after 5 days of service. I cancelled the DD as I do not want to pay without having received a bill and especially not if there was no record of our account. 

I have just tried to set up my account again and filled in the moving in form but again I haven’t received an email or any sort of confirmation. As Ovo had no record of our account being set up the first I’m wondering if anyone has had a similar experience or if anyone can help?

Thanks, 

Josh

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @bannisterjones23 , this is how it’s meant to work 

It sounds like they were in the process of setting up an account for you. There’s several parts they go through including checking about previous accounts at the property etc. 

Their general operation is to calculate an annual bill and set up a direct debit for one twelfth of that - if you’ve stopped the dd that may well derail the process. 
I’ve no idea about communications but it will be their customer support you need to get in touch with as no one here can access your account.