Solved

Why won't my Geo Trio II In Home Display (IHD) connect to my S2 smart meters with OVO?

• 14 January 2021
  • 86 replies

Show first post

86 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Does it say a code in red when it says “Connecting to smart meter”? That works too.

Otherwise, it’s in the menu

Userlevel 1

Just says Meter network problem not connected to meter network if the problem persists connect your supplier 20-2

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

The device has never been commissioned. You’ll need to get OVO’s Support Team to pair it to your site.

Please get in touch with OVO during the week and they can set it up with you.

Userlevel 1

That’s why they told me to wait 2 days because I phoned them Thursday and the said it would be paired up for Saturday 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

It won’t be paired that way. You’ll need to talk to OVO as the information you got doesn’t sound right.

Userlevel 1

Okay well thank you for your help when I phone them Monday what shall I tell them that it wants pairing

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Yup, that’s right. Tell them you need to pair a new Geo IHD that was supplied by OVO and they can walk you through the next steps.

I’ve got the list of status codes directly from Geo. If you see any other codes, please let me know as I can tell you what they mean.

Userlevel 1

Thank you very much the only reason they sent me another monitor was because my old one was showing correct electrical usage but gas usage was saying £24 a day and when I phoned them they said I’d only used £3 and I was so frightened to put my gas heating on 

I received my new Geo IHD today. It is plugged in and I have been on hold to OVO for over 45 minutes trying to get it paired with my smart meter. Apparently it can take an hour! What has the experience been for others?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Welcome @Maria Walker ,

Try Live Chat tomorrow via https://help.ovoenergy.com as it’s much faster than phoning in.

I have a flag on my account that diverts me to a different team. They tend to answer in around 20 seconds on average. However, it also means I can’t measure response times for the main queue

Thanks. It seems to be set up now. After explaining what I needed a second time. It took 59 minutes in total to be sorted.