Solved

How do I get an In-Home Display (IHD) for my Smart meter?

Show first post

207 replies

I had my smart meter installed 3 years ago. Was not given an IHD. Rang up support they said they would send one out in 5 days. Nothing arrived. Months later rang support again, they said they were sorry and would send one out in 5 daysā€¦.nothing arrived. This was over a year ago. Rang support again 3 weeks ago, they said they were sorry and would send one out in 5 days! Still nothing!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Has all the answers :)

My IHDĀ is not broken I have never had one despite being pomised for years!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

That thread still covers you - Iā€™ve added advice for that too which has been there since the first version.

The engineer who installed my meters didnā€™t give me an IHD, can I still get one?

Ā 

Sure thing. Youā€™re entitled to one anyway but it might just be that the engineer ran out of stock on the day they installed your meters. Have a chat with the Support Team if youā€™re with OVO, or customer service of your supplier and they should arrange for one to be sent out in the post. As with above, OVO has a policy that youā€™re always entitled to have anĀ IHD sent out in the post for free if the engineer didnā€™t give you one during the initial install. Most suppliers share the same view, but itā€™s always best to ask them directly.

Ā 

Are you refering to the above? I have done that multiple times (over multiple years). Was told each time one would be delivered in 5 days. It shouldnā€™t be this difficult.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

That is indeed the answer. But the guide also covers other options in case that route doesnā€™t work.

You might be faster to get one yourself from ivie or Hildebrand.

Userlevel 2

Hi @ross1234,Ā 

Ā 

Iā€™m sorry to hear this. I can see that Blastoise186 has already provided a link to a helpful article.

Ā 

As youā€™ve mentioned getting in touch a few times about this already, Iā€™m going to have our Forum Support team reach out to you so they can help you further.

Ā 

Look out for a private message here soon: https://forum.ovoenergy.com/inbox/overview.

Ā