102 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I could do with seeing photos of the meter, so I can see what you’re seeing

The green reads: £8:03     OFF

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hmm… I see…

I think you need to get an Emergency Meter Exchange - I’m seeing clues here that the unit is dead. Please talk to your supplier via their customer service and they should arrange for an engineer within four hours.

Okay, Thank-you.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Tomgas

It looks like @Blastoise186 pointed you in the right direction with speaking with our Support Team. Did you manage to get hold of someone and did they arrange to have an engineer come take a look? 

Keep us updated. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

It also looks to me as if this is a second-hand meter for some reason. It’s a 2015 unit so my guess is that someone else previously used it, got it taken out and the meter then ended up in the spares cupboard rather than being destroyed.

It’s an ancient L+G L210 (AKA the L+G Libre 210) which haven’t been manufactured in a while either...

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Tomgas,

Just checking in to see if you managed to get this resolved? Keep us posted 😊

Can you please help me?

A tenant left the property.  I have no idea how these meters work and need to get energy on them, there’s nothing.  I have the mpan numbers.  Do I have to download the app and put the numbers in to top them up please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

I’m sure if you post a photo here of your meter someone will be able to advise you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I would probably also suggest switching to Pay Monthly as well. It not only makes for a superior experience for you, but also for the next tenant.

As mentioned, please post photos and we’ll advise you on what to do.

These these are my meters

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Thanks.

Please call 0330 175 9669 during the week to set up a temporary account - only then can you top-up. Once set up, you should also ask to switch to Pay Monthly - it’ll be much easier once you’ve done that.

Thank you for your help, unbelievable I can’t do this at a weekend though!! 

Userlevel 3

Hi @Parkside,

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been having trouble topping up your meter.

You’d be able to contact our Pay-As-You-Go team on 0330 175 9669 (Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm, and Saturday and Sunday, 9am to 5pm). They would be able to set up an account for you allowing you to top up. You’d also be able to top up online, on the app or at a PayPoint.

You can download the app from either the Android or Apple store (depending on what device you have). Once completed you'll then be able to make top up payments. You'll also be able to find more information about our top up app here: https://www.ovoenergy.com/help/top-up-on-the-app

Here are some articles that may also be useful,

Hi but this information is actually incorrect.

i rang yesterday at 2pm I was transferred 4 times, on one occasion telephone operatives were talking  in a foreign language and laughing, told me twice to wait for 3 minutes then transferred me again to a recording that just said they were busy……after 2 hours I realised I could have sat there until today.  It’s not good customer service.

Hi I want to top my gas and electricity meter as I moved in the property, how I can do it as I downloaded the OVO app but can’t use my account, please help .. I’m without electricity 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Preeti sandhu ,

Please call 0330 175 9669 to get an account up and running. You’ll then want the OVO Top-Up app to run a top-up.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Preeti sandhu,

@Blastoise186 has raised some great points here to help resolve this. 

You’ll need to make sure you have the OVO Energy Top-up app. If you haven’t already you will need to contact our dedicated support team on 0330 175 9669 to have an account created for you. Once this is done they can help get you back on supply.

Please let us know if you manage to get this resolved. 

Hey @vasirpvl,

We don’t typically send bills for PAYG, are you able to advise how you paid? What makes you feel that the PAYG top up payments were going towards the electricity and gas? 

Are you able to send a screenshot of the statement so I can take a look at the payments? Please don’t include any personal information. I think with a bit more information we should be able to get to the bottom of this.

If you want to send proof of payment to the support team you can contact our PAYM support team:

Our Support team’s web messaging and WhatsApp opening hours are:

• 8am - 6pm Monday to Friday 

• 9am - 2pm on Saturdays

You can see all open contact channels via our Help Centre

Or our PAYG support team:

• The best way to get in touch with us is via chat here. Just click the green chat icon on the bottom right of your screen. We’re here to help anytime from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 2pm on Saturday.
  • Or call us on 0330 175 9669 during the same times.

If you’re with Boost

Sorry been away. The statement is 11 pages long, how I suppose to send it?

Userlevel 4
Badge

If you want to send proof of payment to the support team you can contact our PAYM support team:

• 9am - 2pm on Saturdays

• The best way to get in touch with us is via chat here. Just click the green chat icon on the bottom right of your screen. We’re here to help anytime from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 2pm on Saturday.

If you’re with Boost

Hi @vasirpvl

Emmanuelle included the contact information you can use to send your proof of payment 😊

• 9am - 2pm on Saturdays

If you’re with Boost

Hi @vasirpvl

Emmanuelle included the contact information you can use to send your proof of payment 😊

If someone else sees the  info is of no use, as I will need to explain all over again. Have no time for this, as is a very complicated matter due to OVO. If Emmanuelle sees it she knows what is about and we can progress. Anyway, I send her a private message from the forum, with a link where she can see the statement  and wait for a reply

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @vasirpvl

We don’t have access to customer accounts through the Forum as we don’t manage accounts here. You need to contact one of the above channels, and they can help resolve the issues with you. I have contacted @Emmanuelle_OVO, and she will send you a private message to confirm. 

I’m sorry this isn’t something we can help you with, and I hope you resolve things soon!

So we made an appointment to have our Gas smart meter fitted, but it didn't work due to the distance, but the guy changed our electric smart meter still, but left us no top up card.

How the hell are we suppose to top up our electric?? We have £2 left and it’s going to run out. :/

Any help will be appreciated please!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Rickster ,

OVO PAYG Support can generate one for you for free: https://ovoenergy.com/help .

You don’t need a physical card, but OVO can post one out if you really want one - there’s a £5 admin fee for this.

Hi @Rickster ,

OVO PAYG Support can generate one for you for free: https://ovoenergy.com/help .

You don’t need a physical card, but OVO can post one out if you really want one - there’s a £5 admin fee for this.

How do i do this please?