F.A.Q.

OVO Energy Live billing platform and monthly summaries - What do I need to know?

OVO Energy Live billing platform and monthly summaries - What do I need to know?

Show first post

264 replies

Userlevel 1

How long after submitting meter readings do I get my bill.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Johnboy412000 ,

You’ll be able to see an updated account balance usually within 90 seconds of submitting a meter reading, but the official bill won’t be sent until it’s due based on the monthly billing schedule. You can check how many days are left until it’s generated by going to https://account.ovoenergy.com/billing-details

For example, here’s what you’re looking for.

Userlevel 1

Ok thank you for that. 

Hi can someone explain what it means that my current balance says i have +5465.20 in my energy account 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @daisydog09 ,

It sounds like you’re in Credit by £546.20 right now, but this is an account specific thing, so we can’t see what’s going on from here.

If you think your balance is wrong, you might want to talk to the Support Team.

Why does it say  £5465.20 

And how do you get in touch with the support team and I want to pay for what I use each month what rite do they have to keep that money

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I don’t know why your account balance is at X level. I’m only a forum volunteer with no access to your account or internal systems.

You can reach the Support Team through the options at https://help.ovoenergy.com 

It’s also worth mentioning that paying by Direct Debit is the cheapest way to pay - paying on-demand will likely cost you at least another £200 a year. If you still want to pay on-demand, then rather than taking a refund I’d suggest just using up the existing credit as-is until it runs out.

Hi l paid a balance  of £91 on the day Ovo Said l would get a bill. The balance dropped to zero when l checked. l checked 24 hours later the balance had gone up to £29.05 Why is this is it because l paid too early before receiving the bill? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Y922 ,

It’s impossible to pay a bill too early so don’t worry there. If you end up making payments when no money is due, it puts your account into a credit status instead - which is a good thing! Any account credit always gets used first, regardless of how you pay.

It’s possible that the billing system simply did a refresh and recalculated something. If you’re still unsure, I’d recommend contacting OVO directly via https://help.ovoenergy.com .

Thank  you

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

This may be a daft question, but are you actually £29.05 in credit rather than it being a debit balance?

Userlevel 7

Hey @Y922,

Welcome to the OVO Online Community.

We have a live billing system, so it may be that your arrears was £91 just before you had your monthly statement produced. You then paid it and cleared your arrears and the monthly statement was produced afterwards. Meaning between the date you cleared your arrears and today’s date you’ve used £29.05. We have a great guide on this topic which you might find helpful: 

Are you able to send a screenshot of your statement where it says ‘detailed charges’. I think we’ll get more of an idea about what’s happened here is we can see what your seeing on your Online Account

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Y922 You owed £110.75, your charges for the month were £24.33, so then you owed £135.08.

You paid £91.97 so now you owe £43.11

Can you look at your Charges breakdown ? It ought to include your Government payment of £66, which would explain why the charges are only £24.33. 

Thank you I am still confused though as the bill hasnt updated to include the payment of 91.97 it is saying I owe £110 .75, I would like to add i have Maths dyslexia so I am pretty hopless at stuff like this I think next month I will pay once i get the bill instead of paying it early or is it better to pay the 43 .11 and start afresh 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hmm. I’m confused now !

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Could you do another snapshot of your balance please? It ought to have changed a bit since the last one as it’s a Live billing platform ie updated every day. Also can you do a pic of the Charges breakdown/details. That will have more info about what’s going on.

Thank you Julia Mc

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

oops - too much detail ! @Tim_OVO could you remove that last post please !

Sorry. No personal info on here as it’s a public forum. I’ve got the gist though !

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Thanks for all that - I’ll have a chance to look at it later.

Userlevel 7

Hey @Y922,

Thanks for sending those screenshots across. 

Your bill runs up until the 19th of October and your charges period is from the 20th. So your payment should be included on the balance but not the actual statement and the statement was created before the payment was made. 

Hope this helps 🙂

Thank l messaged OVO on Facebook and it is sorted l appreciate everyone's help 

Last Tuesday lt was saying £48 four days later it was saying £111 now today it is telling me its £106 why is this? I am so stressed never had any problems with SSE billing