Tutorial

How to fix login issues or error messages with your online account

How to fix login issues or error messages with your online account

Show first post

107 replies

Hi, I’m trying to resolve an issue regarding logging into my account. I’ve updated my email address 3 weeks ago. It’s wasn’t easy as the costumer service kept misspelling my email address, but eventually the issue was resolved and I was able to log in. However yesterday I got an unexpected email from the costumer service saying they just updated my email address. Since then I can’t log into my account. I do not know my Ovo Id as I’ve never received any letters or welcome email. 
Today phoned the costumer service trying to resolve the issue but they told me to wait and phone again. I’ve tried to phone again hoping if I can’t get my Ovo Id but now after waiting for half and hour my phonecall  was instantly disconnected as soon it’s started to ring.

Please help what should I do as I can’t see my balance, give meter readings or set up direct debit

Userlevel 7

Hi @cs.illa4,

I’m so sorry to hear about the confusion with your registered email address, this sounds like a really frustrating journey for you.

Just to clarify, the customer ID option for logging in only applies for certain OVO customers who’s account are accessible on an older billing platform. So in your case we need to make sure the correct email address is registered to your account so you’ll be able to get logged in.

Have you been in touch with our Support Team to report the email you’ve received? If not, the quickest way to get in touch is often via our webchat which you can find at the bottom of this page.

I hope this helps get things back on track. 

Hi

Hope you are doing well! I want to ask why I can’t receive the account active link please? Here is my email address *edited by mod*

I’m looking forward for your reply! Appreciate a lot!

Best wishes,

Yixian Dai

Userlevel 7

Hey @Chelle,

Sorry I had to remove your email address as the Forum is public.

If you’re trying to set up an Online Account with OVO but aren’t receiving the password re-set email, it may be that you don’t have an email address registered to your OVO account. Or, it may be going into your junk inbox.

Hope this helps. 

Userlevel 1

Has anyone else experienced being unable to access the on line account information.

Message reads “ Sorry unable to access accountlds - Please try later”

Seems to be a permanent message.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Seems to be working fine for me. Have you tried the app?

Userlevel 7

Hey @3Phasesupplies,

Are you able to send a screenshot of what you’re seeing?

I’ll check if this is a wider issue.

Userlevel 1

Thanks Emmanuelle. Seems to be ok now but the over riding issues remain.

Why are  CURRENT and COPMPLETE statements NOT BEING POSTED to the account.

Userlevel 7

So there’s no statement on the 15th December, @3Phasesupplies by the looks of it. Can you see your current billing period charges, which should show here: https://account.ovoenergy.com/billing-details

What are the date ranges for this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

That actually looks like the old system to me

Userlevel 1

Tim_OVO. There are also no statements for September and October. The link provided takes me to exactly the same place as i’ve posted above.

Not sure what you mean by “What are the date ranges for this?”.

Meter readings are now done on or by the 13th and posted on or by the 14th of every month and have been since September. 

Blastoise186. It may look old to you but it is the only place i can look when accessing the account on line.

Userlevel 7

Hey @3Phasesupplies,

Sorry for the issues you’re having, 

When you download the PDF November and August statements, when you scroll down the pages do they cover September and October? Sometimes you can have several months worth of bills in one ‘statement’. 

When did you last submit a meter reading?

Userlevel 1

No, each statement that i have been able to down load only deals with the readings between the last months readings (prior to August only estimates) and the next which i have been entering. Because for many many months the only data for the meters were estimates hence the absurdly large overpayments and now in credit balance. This still does not allow for a re claim for overpayment. The links don’t work, so a credit refund cannot be requested on line. The last reading submitted was the 14th December  2022. Can you possibly help ?

Userlevel 7

Hey @3Phasesupplies,

Sorry for the issues you’re having.

That sounds very unusual, I’ve not heard of months being skipped before. Usually if there are delays between monthly statements you’ll get several ‘monthly’ bills in one go and you have to scroll down for each billing period. Sometimes these pdf’s are 10 pages or so long.

If the last reading was submitted on the 14th of December your account balance should automictically update to this reading so your account shouldn’t be estimated even if the last statement was. Due to our live billing system:

In regards to the refund there are several criteria that need to be fulfilled if you are trying to issue a refund manually. This similar thread might be helpful:

Unfortunately, we don’t have access to your account so I would advise calling the Support Team today, hours are back to business as usual.

Hope this helps. 

Is anyone having problems getting on app as email says my account activated , but it doesn't seem to be 😠 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Ronzie ,

You need to use the web version initially. You can’t set up via the app until that’s done.

Userlevel 7

Hey @Ronzie,

Sorry for the issues you’re having,

If you’re having an issue resetting your password and are using the Outlook Live app we are aware this may cause an error message, if so, please switch to a browser version.

If you’re new to OVO we have a similar thread that might be helpful to you:

We also have a brilliant collection of tutorials for anything Online Account related:

Hope this helps!

This whole app carryon is infuriating,  I cannot get on it , its saying not recognised & to reset password which I tryed doing & still can't get anywhere 

Why can't u make everything nice & simple for folk . Iv still been waiting since October for someone to come give me gauge for indoor on how much usage I'm using & now since can't get on app !!! 

All I can do is write on a dam forum page & since I'm a priority customer this is disgraceful.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

You need to do everything on a web browser using a computer to get the account set up, NOT apps on a smartphone or tablet. Also, don’t use the Windows Mail or Outlook desktop app either

Userlevel 7

Hey @Ronzie,

Really sorry to hear you’re still having issues with your Online Account.

I’ll ask Forum_Support to reach out to you, please keep an eye on your private messages.

Hope this helps. 

How do I activate my account 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @toakes131018 ,

You can do that via the options at https://my.ovoenergy.com :)

Userlevel 7

Update on OVO app issues from this weekend: This has now been fixed and the OVO app is now available along with the web online account: https://my.ovoenergy.com/login

Outlook Causing invalid/expired link fix

Outlook can also cause the reset link to become invalid or expired.

• You can use a different email provider such as gmail.

• If it's not possible to use another email,  when they receive the reset email to open it but DO NOT click the link to reset email, copy and paste the link into a new tab in your browser and open it this way.
Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Gentry ,

Just a heads up, this forum is actively patrolled by forum volunteers such as myself. Your account appears to be showing suspicious behaviour and we are watching the forum closely all the time. If you’re here purely to spam this forum, I’d recommend against that as forum moderators can just nuke your account and all content rapidly.