Tutorial

How to fix login issues or error messages with your online account

How to fix login issues or error messages with your online account

Show first post

107 replies

Hello everyone. Follow below the conversations that I had with OVO.

On 04/03/22 I received an email from OVO informing that the balance on my account was negative, and suggesting me to increase the direct debit. If I didn’t increase it they would do it by themselves within 10 days automatically.

I was more than happy to bring the balance to 0 as long I could submit my reading and see on my account exactly what they were charging me. So i gave them a call, a raised my concerns in regards to: submitting readings, access account and increasing my direct debit “automatically”.

The person who was trying to help me couldn’t submit my reading because my account wasn’t on their system, and said that it would take up to 45 WORKING DAYS to fix the account, and then he sent me to the Collection team.

Talking to the collection team, the forced me to pay the standing charges in order to block the increasing on my direct debit until the problem on the system was fixed, then I would be able to submit my readings and update the balance properly. 

That was an agreement! i have been assured that 1. wouldn’t be charged extra until I could access my acocunt. 2. The issue with the account would be sorted out.

I paid the standing charge, trusting that the increase wouldn’t apply. Naive!

Today 14/03/22, surprise!

Just received an email confirming that OVO had increased the direct debit regardless our previous agreement.

And I cannot access my account to see what’s going on.

That’s unacceptable.

Unfortunately, this forum is controlled by OVO and probably these concerns won’t be taken to the responsible to sort it out properly.

I tried to solve this problem in a friendly manner, contacted on the forum, over the webchat, over the phone. It got worse and worse.

Lesson learned: cannot trust anymore. I don’t deal with OVO energy over the phone anymore. 

Unfortunately this forum is controlled by the very same company and this issue won’t be escalated.

I feel locked as I can’t access my account, can’t see what I had paid, can’t submit the readings. It’s unbeliavable!!! Unreliable!!

I wonder if I’m able to move to another company...

Userlevel 7

I’m so sorry to hear of your experience when contacting the team to report your online account issues and subsequent Direct Debit amendments, @matheushen.

Whilst posting on the forum is a great way to seek advice from other OVO members, it’s not the best place to resolve account-specific issues.

I’ve arranged for an OVO representative to request some account details via a Private Message so we can look into this further for you. You can access this message by clicking on your profile picture in the top right on any forum page.

I hope this helps.

I am in the same boat. I have tried for MONTHS to get into my account after the “upgrade” and cant access any bills or give readings. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Howdy @TH3 ,

I’m really sorry to hear of the trouble but I’m afraid it’s beyond my capability to help out with account specific issues as I’m only an OVO member and not a staffer.

You can still manage your account over the phone or via Live Chat with the Support Team, even if online services aren’t working - you can do that right here. If you let them know you can’t access MyOVO, they’ll try to help you fix the problem and if that still doesn’t work out, a case will be raised with the Tech Team to dig deeper.

Howdy @TH3 ,

I’m really sorry to hear of the trouble but I’m afraid it’s beyond my capability to help out with account specific issues as I’m only an OVO member and not a staffer.

You can still manage your account over the phone or via Live Chat with the Support Team, even if online services aren’t working - you can do that right here. If you let them know you can’t access MyOVO, they’ll try to help you fix the problem and if that still doesn’t work out, a case will be raised with the Tech Team to dig deeper.

Appreciate you responding but i have been told numerous times that the tech team is working on it (since October!) and that it would be resolved. No updates, no communication and still no access to my account or bills. I cant even give meter readings. I am hesitant to do this over the phone as i have been promised this would be solved so many times i actually dont trust that any info i gave over the phone will be processed properly. I am now at the stage where i want to leave ovo but sense that will be a massive issue in itself. I have honestly never expereinced such poor service. Its unbelievably bad. 

Userlevel 7

Can you give our Support team one last try, @TH3? I’m confident they’ll be able to view the latest status of what is probably an open ‘ticket’ (we call it a ‘case’) with the developers of the platform. There might be some kind of reason why it’s taken so long, and you deserve to know what’s happening and how long they expect a fix. Perhaps the person you speak to can chase this up… You can use that online chat to submit readings, find out the latest account balance and go from there. 

Feel free to come back here afterwards and if need be, we can offer some help via the forum...

There is already a case open. This was opened in February. I was originally told a case was opened in december but this was not true I was told in Feb.  I have a case number this time. I dont actually know what else I am meant to do. I have spent hours on the phone to OVO. Its caused so much stress. 

Also, i am aware of the online chat...in fact i have been waiting for a response from someone on this for nearly an hour now. This does not fill me with confidence when giving meter readings. 

I do appreciate you responding as it is more support than ive had the whole time ive had this issue

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Thanks for the update. I think at this point, I’ll need to jump out as it sounds like Tim is taking the lead from here. I’ll still monitor the thread though in case I can help in another way.

Update.

After posting a complaint here 2 days ago, the direct debit has been changed back to the amount previously agreed.

Still cannot access the account, though. It has been 1 month now.

@TH3, since October? OMG. I still have a long way down the road then. Most likely I stop using their services before they fix this issue.

It’s a good ideia to take notes of readings frequently for future reference. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Update.

After posting a complaint here 2 days ago, the direct debit has been changed back to the amount previously agreed.

Still cannot access the account, though. It has been 1 month now.

@TH3, since October? OMG. I still have a long way down the road then. Most likely I stop using their services before they fix this issue.

It’s a good ideia to take notes of readings frequently for future reference. 

Every issue is different and the time to resolution for one case shouldn’t be considered a baseline for another. I’ve reported many bugs to OVO since November 2020 and all of them have since been fixed, some of them in under 48 hours (mostly the critical ones). The longest time to fix bugs in my cases were the ones where I’d really messed up the system, the shortest were more simple issues that could be fixed with a quick and easy code change.

I actually have some unique circumstances as well related to my supply, which causes its own set of challenges. OVO has managed to figure out ways of getting things working though, even if no-one else can access my smart meter. :)

I now have an email (first since october) from OVO saying I have an unpaid balance. However, i STILL cant access account (same “oops something is broken message”). This is actually worse now as I am being asked to pay a bill that I cant see and cant add in my meter readings. At this stage I do not trust OVO call centre to take my payment or record meter readings due to the amount of times I have been told this will be sorted. this is utterly bonkers. 

Userlevel 7

I’m so sorry for any confusion caused by the latest email, @TH3.

As you’ve previously confirmed your account details to me via a PM, I’ll reach out to you directly to follow-up on this.

I hope we can get this sorted soon.

I’m so sorry for any confusion caused by the latest email, @TH3.

As you’ve previously confirmed your account details to me via a PM, I’ll reach out to you directly to follow-up on this.

I hope we can get this sorted soon.

Thanks, your input is very much appreciated. 

Hi, I was trasfd over from SSE and has been trying to get access to my account for almost two months now. I emailed the tech team and they have sinvce been looking into it.

When I try the new account and password reset,  a white screen with the message BAD REQUEST appears. All of this has been communicated to the tech team.

I have tried different browsers and different computers even.

Not sure what to do while they send me emails for increasing the monthly payment very promptly..

Userlevel 7

I’m so sorry to hear of the difficulty you’ve had accessing your online account, @satheesh.

This error message is not something we’ve had reported here previously so I’m wondering if this could be an account-specific issue. If you’ve already raised the issue to our Support Team who have passed the details on to our Tech team this team will get in touch with you directly as soon as they’ve managed to get things fixed.

In the meantime it might be worth checking whether you’re able to access things via the OVO app instead - You can download this for Android or iOS.

I hope this helps.

Today tried to set up my account with password/username/ovo id etc,etc.

The Ovo system just keeps taking me round & round saying “wrong password/username” etc,etc.  I think I’ve now been set up, but I still can’t get into my account to look at bills & usage & so-on.  I feel it’s an unecassarily complicated system - or maybe I’m too old for this now.  I feel ready to give up!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @ph12ph ,

If you’re having login issues, the best place to get help would be via the Support Team, as we can’t do much here to fix account specific issues.

Thanks for understanding

Thanks Blastoise 186.  I will try the support team tomorrow.

ph12ph

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

No worries. Please let them know you’ve already tried the usual fixes (you probably have).

Just curious, but what web browser and email program do you use? I don’t need to know your email address (please keep that private!), just what you use to access your emails.

I use Firefox for web browser & BT for emails.

ph12ph

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Thanks. I think I may have found the problem then.

Mozilla Firefox is of course, fully supported by OVO’s entire platform, including MyOVO (both legacy and new), main website, Quote & Switch Tool and of course, this forum. However, BT Mail might not be the same story.

BT is known to cause all sorts of headaches in just about every product and service it offers, and has been known to mess up all sorts of stuff as a result. I wouldn’t be surprised if BT Mail is either choking on the emails you’re getting from OVO, or it’s somehow modifying them so that they no longer work properly. Because sadly, I’m afraid it’s that badly designed that there’s more bugs than features in it.

You may want to consider using a Hotmail or Gmail account instead as they tend to be more reliable. It is possible to import existing mail and your contacts to them both, but that’s beyond the scope of what I can cover here on this forum.

I’d still recommend talking to the support team anyway as there might be other issues that need to be fixed.

OK thanks. I’ll get back to you later.

pf12ph

I mean ph12ph!!

Well , nearly 5 months without my account. No bills. Can’t access account to give meter readings. The price cap goes up tomorrow and I still have heard nothing from ovo. I think the only other thing I can do is go to ofgem. I can’t believe this situation.