Solved

How can I make a complaint about my OVO Energy account?

Show first post

103 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Nana gĀ are you on the priority services register ? That shouldĀ offer protection against the gas being cut off. Have a look at this:Ā https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/information-consumers/energy-advice-households/getting-extra-help-priority-services-register

If you qualify and are with OVO then:

https://www.ovoenergy.com/register-for-priority-services

Hi juliamcĀ 
Ā 

Im not on priority and wouldnā€™t qualifyĀ 

I had my gas supply cutĀ Off not because of any debt Ā but because of Ā mistake made by the transition from sse to OVOĀ 

I am absolutely convinced that these meters are stealing money from us - every morning I have used at the least Ā£1.68 and going up to Ā£2.03 and there has been nothing on that isnā€™t on 24 hrs fridges etcĀ 

OVO will argue fridges tvā€™s etc would use electricity during the night but in the morning when I read the meters these are all still on andĀ my usage is 0.07 per hr which would 24 hours to get the Ā£1.68 that I have been charged !!!

it really does need looking intoĀ 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

If you ask for your smart meter to be switched to half hour readings you can see what that use is throughout the whole 24 hours. If there is a discrepancy then you have someĀ ammunition.Ā 

TVs and other stuff on standby really shouldnā€™t use very much. Fridges do use a fair amount, particularly old ones, or if the door seal is dodgy. This graph is from a full day when the only thing running was my fridge freezer, no one in the house so door not opened.

Ā 

I understand what you are saying but if there is a dodgy appliance it is dodgy at all times day or night there is no explanation for these over night chargesĀ 

I canā€™t get the OVO app working as they have not sent me a pay as you go card that has the digits I apparently need to registerĀ 

I will not stop monitoring and get some explanation as to the charges they are takingĀ 

Ā 

This is what I see when I try to register withĀ the OVO top up - Iā€™ve never been sent one of these cardsĀ 

Userlevel 7

HeyĀ @Nana g,

Ā 

Really sorry for the issues youā€™ve had,

Ā 

You shouldnā€™t have lost supply at all during the migration period, customers are meant to be put in non-disconnect mode during the migration process.Ā 

Ā 

Youā€™ll need to speak to OVO PAYGĀ if you donā€™t have the top up card, you should have been sent one.

Ā 

Hope this helps.

Has anyone had problems getting an answer from customer complaints. Iā€™ve had a complaint in since October 22 relating to a transferred account (as provider changed) where they have over charged a substantial amount of money but havenā€™t replied despite promises and escalation. Iā€™ve had to refer it to the ombudsman anyone any ideas how to get a response?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

We have no access to internal systems here.

If youā€™ve gone to the Ombudsman, then Iā€™m afraid youā€™re out of options otherwise - youā€™re committed to that route.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

HiĀ @ICTĀ Welcome back to the forum.

Sorry to hear about this other issue. I am just a customer like you.Ā 

All the information on the OVO complaint process is here, i assume you already knew.Ā 

https://www.ovoenergy.com/feedback

Did the OVO Complaints team issue a deadlock letter or did you simply wait the 8 weeks following your complaint before getting the Ombudsman involved?

What has the Ombudsman said so far? They should now be dealing directly with OVO so you shouldn't need to chase OVO.Ā 

There isn't much else you can do other that let the Ombudsman try and find a resolution.Ā 

Some people have asked their local MP to help, they often take on case work from their constituents like this and for example write to the CEO of OVO.Ā 

Others have posted 1 star reviews on the OVO Trustpilot site.Ā 

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.ovoenergy.com

But ultimately i think you just need to wait for the Ombudsman to do their stuff now.Ā 

Ā 

Thanks for the update I did get a letter saying that they would reply in 8 weeks. Then 12 then nothing and that should have been end of January. As I say itā€™s been radio silence so did the next step by going externally in the hope that at least someone can talk to me. Itā€™s now going through their system so letā€™s see.Ā 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Thanks for the update I did get a letter saying that they would reply in 8 weeks. Then 12 then nothing and that should have been end of January. As I say itā€™s been radio silence so did the next step by going externally in the hope that at least someone can talk to me. Itā€™s now going through their system so letā€™s see.Ā 

That is certainly unusual as clearly they have acknowledged your complaint.Ā 

There is a possibility it has been closed without telling you. Hopefully the Ombudsman will progress things in a timely manner now.Ā 

Many thanks and the ombudsman are looking by into it and annoying OVO have replied to them! Thanks for the help all.Ā 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Many thanks and the ombudsman are looking by into it and annoying OVO have replied to them! Thanks for the help all.Ā 

Thank for the update @ICTĀ 

If you post how how you get on in the end i am sure it will help other customers in the future

I have logged a complaint.Ā 

Had it acknowledged to state it had been referred to someone on the Advanced Resolutions Team. This was on the 27th March where the response stated a turnaround of normally 10 working days,

Its now 19 working days so I phoned. I spoke to someone in the call centre, who said i would be transferred to the Complaints Dept. After a few minutes the man from the Call Centre came back to me stating its still ongoing and they will be in touch.Ā No one from the Complaints Team would speak to me. In the meantime my account is in a complete mess due to their errors and I have to sit and wait. Plus I have to pay way too much each month as they are evaluating a totally incorrect balance.

How can I move this forward as this is so stressfulĀ 

Ā 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

You might want to try complaints@ovoenergy.comĀ . If itā€™s been assigned, someone will pick up your message there

Thank you I have already done that. I had one response stating a 10 day turnaround and no more replies from other emails asking for an update since then.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Thank you I have already done that. I had one response stating a 10 day turnaround and no more replies from other emails asking for an update since then.

Hi @Geri Staff

Welcome to the customer forum, i am just a customer like you.Ā 

Sorry to hear about the issues.Ā 

Ultimately OVO have up to 8 weeks before you can go to the Energy Ombudsman as you probably know.Ā 

In the meantime you are welcome to share any details of the billing issues here, one of the regular posters can often make useful suggestions that can help when going through the complaints process.Ā 

Ā 

Calculations have put me from a big plus balance to a minus 700 balance due to this mis calculation in 23rd march. Plus I transferred from sse ib a fixed rate for both gas and electricity and Ovo onky set me up on fixed for one and std variable for the other. It all needs recalculating and I should have a big positive balance. Instead of minus 700. In the meantime my direct debit has gone up so I am also having to pay way too much monthly because of this mess.Ā 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Calculations have put me from a big plus balance to a minus 700 balance due to this mis calculation in 23rd march. Plus I transferred from sse ib a fixed rate for both gas and electricity and Ovo onky set me up on fixed for one and std variable for the other. It all needs recalculating and I should have a big positive balance. Instead of minus 700. In the meantime my direct debit has gone up so I am also having to pay way too much monthly because of this mess.Ā 

In case it helps.Ā 

OVO should have raised a meter reading dispute as part of the complaint and frozen the direct debit payments rather than increase them.Ā 

During thisĀ process your regular monthly billing will be paused whilst we look to correct the opening statement. If you pay via Direct Debit these payments will continue,Ā building up a credit balance in your account to cover the opening statementĀ once itā€™s issued.

If you donā€™t yet have a Direct Debit in place, weā€™d recommend setting one up with ourĀ Support Team, to avoid a large balance to pay when your initial statement is re-issued.

So i would call collections and ask them to freeze the Direct Debits at a lower rate, pointing them to their own website if they refuse and ask them to pause billing.Ā 

0800 0699 831

If they refuse take a note of their name and ask them to record the refusal on their records.Ā 

Do you have a smart meter?Ā 

As for the rates, I assume they are wrong on this page? Are the dates also incorrect?Ā 

https://account.ovoenergy.com/plan

Ā 

Yes I have a smart meter.

The dates are right but the rates are wrong.

Thanks for the info I will make contact with them again as my direct debit has increased.

Ā 

I appreciate the guidance.

Ā 

Ā 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Thanks for the info I will make contact with them again as my direct debit has increased.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

If you post your progress I am positive it will help others in a similar situation.Ā 

Thank you I will do that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I doubt it is the reason. So just FYI

The rates on the plan page are excluding VAT.Ā 

By default when signing up for fixed rates, the rates quoted are nearly always including VAT. That is always the case with ovo with anything on the renewal page.

https://products.ovoenergy.com/journey/renewal/energy-renewal

now 3 munthes and still whating for reply from conplants team. this is so silly.