Solved

How can I make a complaint about my OVO Energy account?

Show first post

103 replies

Userlevel 1

This is shocking to hear!

I hope you get your issue sorted in the most respectable way you deserve.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I think part of the problem is that the Collections Team isnā€™t able to access accounts to the same level that the Support Team can, and they also spend a lot of their time dealing with irate members. Itā€™s quite draining to do that - trust me, Iā€™ve had to deal with a lot of negative people in the past.

Unfortunately, that sometimes results in less desirable experiences for more vulnerable members such as those with Autism. I feel there might be scope to help improve that, which I will discuss privately with the forum moderators when I get chance. Iā€™m a huge supporter of accessibility, inclusivityĀ and awareness, so anything I can do to help improve the experience is worth trying.

I appreciateĀ the inclusivity however, I do feel that my social impairment is irrelevant in this circumstance as this was also witnessed by my wife. I would like to also note that she recored the rest of the call once she had taken over from me and took the advisors name. I appreciateĀ  that dealing in collections must be draining but I was perfectly calm and only trying to source the correct department to resolve my issue. It feels sad that as a customer I now no longer feel safe to call my energy company. Not just for being neurodivergent, but anyone with mental health issues, age vulnerability, anxiety or with no health concerns, to be made to feel that way should not happen. I respect that it is a difficult job but there still has to be a level of professionalism. The stress on the staff could also be reduced by allowing for differing departments that could allocate more appropriate support.Ā As a customer there doesn't feel like there is any access to support or advice. I was moved from SSE and I didn't chose ovo as an energy supplier however my experience over the four months I have been with them has been the most upsetting, confusing and frustrating experience I ever had with any supplier.Ā 

Userlevel 1

I don't "Like" as such.

I do, however, feel sorry that you had to experience this.

I hope things are resolved quickly for you.

Ā 

Thank you Missbob. I understandĀ what you mean and really appreciate your suppport. Thats really kind of you.Ā I'm desperate for some kind or resolve and hopefully a bit more harmony otherwise unfortunately I will have to switch.Ā  I hope yourĀ experiences have been better than ours xxx

Userlevel 7

Hello @XWhitex,

Ā 

Really sorry to hear of the issues youā€™ve been having, this is not how we want our customers to be treated.

Ā 

My advice would be calling our Support Team, they can warm transfer you to the Collections Department explaining first to whoever takes the call of the previous experiences youā€™ve had.

Ā 

They can also add you to our Priority Services Register so there will be a clear marker on your account advising of any vulnerabilities there are.Ā 

Ā 

If you have any further issues please report back to this thread and I can ask Forum_Support to send you a private message.

Ā 

We offer a number of different options for financial support that might also be helpful:

Customer support package and where to apply.Ā 

Warm Home Discount

What to do if I canā€™t afford my energy bills?Ā 

Energy Bills Support Scheme

EmmanelleĀ I feel like you've missed my question entirely.Ā  You sent me the same link I have been given many times before, which leads me to the same locations I had referenced in my first post. These were some ofĀ  myĀ grievences already made on this thread. My point is as a customer there is little to no ability to contact yourselves that doesn't involve days of waiting or being sent to the wrong department. There is no direct customer support, customer advice or customer helpline. This is no general enquiriesĀ  line. There is several telephone numbers that only lead to collections. The link you have provided has not helped. My issues are not based on the holiday period. I have been driven to seek advice here as I have had this ongoing since October. My point is, how can I request to be put on aĀ Ā priorityĀ Ā service register when I can't even speak to someone regarding the funding I have been awarded? The thousand pounds that is missing? I can't call because I don't have a number for the relevant department. I only get sent to collections. I can't message because I'm left in a que for days. I'm still awaiting a reply for my whatsapp over a week ago. My question was , is there a relevant telephone number?Ā 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

The phone number 0330 303 5063 is back open today and connects to the main Support Team. I tested it this morning and it was working fine.

Only call 0800 069 9831 if you actually want to speak to the Collections Team directly. Please donā€™t call that one for any other purpose.

Userlevel 7

Iā€™m sorry that you felt the response from Emmanuelle wasnā€™t helpful, @XWhitexĀ - please bear in mind that we only have your first post to go on and will do our best to help based on this information.Ā 

Ā 

In this case, often a call is transferred to the Collections team if thereā€™s something happening that means theyā€™ve been assigned as the point of contact on your account. You mentioned in your post always getting put through to the Collections team so this may indicate theyā€™ve requested all contact. Itā€™s all a bit of guesswork on our end without being able to see your OVO account. With that in mind Iā€™ll ask our Forum_Support team to reach out to you via a private message. Iā€™d like them to raise your complaint on your account about your experience on the phone.

Ā 

Tim

1. Ā What is the agreed response time to a formal complaint sent to the complaints@ovoenergy.comĀ email address ?
  2. where can I findĀ the published details of Ovoā€™sĀ performance against thatĀ response timeĀ ?

Ā 

Ā 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

There is a link to a performance report on this page

https://www.ovoenergy.com/feedback

Also details of the industry standard 8 weeks to resolve a complaint before taking it to the Energy Ombudsman if still necessary.Ā 

Thanks Jeff, Ā agree re. 8 weeks to resolve a complaint, canā€™t see an agreed timescale for Ovoā€™s initial response to complaints i.e. acknowledge complaint within X number of days, provide full response within Y number of days etc.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Thanks Jeff, Ā agree re. 8 weeks to resolve a complaint, canā€™t see an agreed timescale for Ovoā€™s initial response to complaints i.e. acknowledge complaint within X number of days, provide full response within Y number of days etc.

This was removed some time ago, i can't remember when.Ā 

So there is only the mention of 8 weeks or an earlier dead lock letter now if one is issued.Ā 

No intermediate timescales directly related to complaints.

May i ask why you are interested?

I don't work for OVO, am just a customer who regularly posts on the forum.Ā 

I would like everyone to know that OVO have made another mistake with my Account, the fourth to be exact. This time OVO have charged me Ā£10 for a missed payment on an Account that was over Ā£200 in credit?????Ā 

If that wasn't enough I have tried three times to rectify their error over 21 days, and still nothing has been done.

I have lost total confidence in OVO's ability to manage my Account properly.

We have a major ongoing issue and have lodged a complaint, how do IĀ contact the complaints department when I work 7am-5pm??

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hereā€™s all the contact detailsĀ https://www.ovoenergy.com/feedback

Thanks for that, still does t explain how to get in touch about a complaint when the only hours the phone lines are open is 9-5! Any ideas anyone??Ā 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

You can use the email address on that page 24/7/365 to get in touch as well if itā€™s complaint related.

Userlevel 7

Hey @jcallaghan23,

Ā 

Iā€™m really sorry to hear this,

Ā 

Iā€™ll get Forum_Support to reach out, please keep an eye on your private messages.Ā 

I would like everyone to know that OVO have made another mistake with my Account, the fourth to be exact. This time OVO have charged me Ā£10 for a missed payment on an Account that was over Ā£200 in credit?????Ā 

If that wasn't enough I have tried three times to rectify their error over 21 days, and still nothing has been done.

I have lost total confidence in OVO's ability to manage my Account properly.

I too have lost all confidence in OVO I have been on the phone for 1 and Ā½Ā hrs trying to find out why they disconnected my gas when I had credit !!!

Migrated from sseĀ 

With a pay as you go

Userlevel 7

HeyĀ @Nana g,

Ā 

Sorry for the issues youā€™re having,

Ā 

During the migration you should be on non-disconnect mode, Iā€™m sorry if this wasnā€™t the case.Ā Once you migrate fully to OVO weā€™ll let you know and the amount you used while you were in non-disconnect mode will be loaded onto the meter.

Ā 

You should be able to top up as normal once you are migrated.

Ā 

Hope this helps.Ā 

Iā€™ve downloaded the OVO pay as you go app but canā€™t register because I donā€™t have a card with digits required - where do I get a top card from - Iā€™ve not lost it as I have never had one - thank youĀ 

just as a point is it legal to cut someoneā€™s gas off? Ā especially a pensionerĀ 

Any energy company, with just cause, have the right to apply to the court for a warrant to enter your home. Also they have to give you notice. Try citizens advice.Ā