Solved

How can I make a complaint about my OVO Energy account?

Show first post

103 replies

3 monthes and still no reply about my conplant

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @Vog4x4Ā Did you get any help from Forum_Support?

You should have had a messageĀ 

https://forum.ovoenergy.com/inbox/overview

Userlevel 6

Hey @Vog4x4Ā 

Ā 

Iā€™ve made sure that the Forum_Support know youā€™re still awaiting a response from complaints so that they can reach out to the team for you. Hopefully they can get things moving for you.

but still no reply from ovo. was even told by a call cent person that. this conplant was taking to long so this was my last worning. so not happy, do you think one thread will get them moving faster.

Ā 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

We ask that you keep to one thread on this Forum mostly because it keeps things neat and tidy, reduces the workload on the Forum Moderators but more importantlyā€¦Ā Makes it easier for everyone to keep track of whatā€™s been said.

What you post here however, is independent of anything done by OVO internally - this Forum runs on a separate system.

Userlevel 7

Hey @Vog4x4,

Ā 

Forum_Support have reached out, please keep an eye on your private messages.Ā 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

You can use this link:Ā https://forum.ovoenergy.com/inbox/overviewĀ to quickly see any PMā€™s youā€™ve not yet read.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @Vog4x4

Have you made any progress?Ā 

I raised a complaint nearly 3 weeks ago due to not being able to top up my gas meter due to Ovo not providing me with a top up card, missed engineers visits etc.

On a Web chat nearly 2 weeks ago when I asked about my complaint I was told it had been closed the same day I had raised it as it had been resolved .

It hadn't been resolved so I registered the complaint again.

Now 2 weeks later I still haven't heard anything about the complaint and my problem still hasn't been resolved.

I was told I would be contacted within 24 hours about the complaint.

Is this the standard of customer care I can expect from Ovo who have just taken my supply over from SSE ?

I have just been offered Ā£25 compensation via the Web chat.

I am disabled so on your "priority " list.Ā 

I had no gas for 21 days.

I had 2 failed engineers visits, 2 failed blue flash card delivers, sent to a shop to pick up a card you had arranged for me to collect but there was no card there and the shop knew nothing about it.

I was repeatedly told that a card had been posted out to me but 23 days later I have still not received a top up card.

I had to move out of my flat because I had no gas.

Ā£25 compensation is a joke.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

I have just been offered Ā£25 compensation via the Web chat.

I am disabled so on your "priority " list.Ā 

I had no gas for 21 days.

I had 2 failed engineers visits, 2 failed blue flash card delivers, sent to a shop to pick up a card you had arranged for me to collect but there was no card there and the shop knew nothing about it.

I was repeatedly told that a card had been posted out to me but 23 days later I have still not received a top up card.

I had to move out of my flat because had no gas.

Ā£25 compensation is a joke.

Hi @headlightĀ 

That is painful to read such terrible service for some one on the priority service register.Ā 

I would try asking for more compensation than Ā£25 at the same time as asking for your issue to be fixed.Ā 

If ovo refuse, then ask ovo for a deadlock letter to your complaint.Ā 

You would also normally be entitled to this in addition to the Ā£25

- Ā£30 for each missed appointment where you were not given sufficient notice , and an additional Ā£30 if this was not paid within 10 working days.Ā 

- Ā£30 if the engineer didn't turn up with the right equipment, and an additional Ā£30 if not paid within 10 working days.Ā 

Then ask the Energy Ombudsman for help once you have the deadlock letter.Ā 

https://www.energyombudsman.org/

The average compensation payments awarded against ovo by the ombudsman are more than Ā£25 over and above any statutory payments for missed appointments etc.Ā 

On the ovo complaints page there are email address you can raise your issue with the ovo CEO.Ā 

https://www.ovoenergy.com/feedback

I just emailed the CEO.

I got an immediate reply saying thanks for the feedback,Ā  we use it to improve customer service but we don't reply to emails.Ā 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

I just emailed the CEO.

I got an immediate reply saying thanks for the feedback,Ā  we use it to improve customer service but we don't reply to emails.Ā 

Use this one rather than the feedback one

Raman-complaints@ovoenergy.com

Thank you Jeffus, I've just sent my complaint to that email address.Ā 

Perhaps if OVO sorted out the fact that contractors commissioned to attend and change meters actually did. OVO pay customers Ā£30 for non attendance of these people.Ā 
perhaps if OVO sorted this problem once and for all our price increases wouldnā€™t be as often.

i have to ask how many Ā£0000ā€™s are wasted on this matter of customer reimbursement. ??

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

There is room for improvement, although it is not a large proportion of complaints.

Meter installing and exchange isn't in the top five issues for ovo complaints currently.

Personally I would prefer if the customer service category was split out as I suspect some of these are related to other categories.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Some more general information on suppliers meeting smart meter targets

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/publications/energy-suppliers-pay-total-ps108-million-not-meeting-smart-meter-installation-targets-2022

Are you employed by OVO?Ā 
Ā 

odd the contacts I have talked all confirm this is a big problem!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Are you employed by OVO?Ā 
Ā 

odd the contacts I have talked all confirm this is a big problem!

Fair question.

No I do not work for ovo, i have never worked for ovo orĀ  worked for any energy supplier or in the energy sector every.

Out of curiosity where do you work, where do your contacts work and can you post the statistics they are using? It would help inform the point you have raised if we could read the statistics.

Ā 

I can see you seem to have a vast internet knowledge.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Thatā€™s because we are forum volunteers with a lot of experience. None of us have ever worked for any energy supplier or in the industry (unless you count domestic electricians as being in the energy industry).

We just get access to an absolute ton of resources, some public and others private and these help us to help others.

I have been trying to replace my rusty gas meter for the past 10 months, but OVO has not been cooperating. I have tried all methods of complaint, including chat, email, and call. Despite their assurance that they will replace the meter, they always fail to deliver on the given date. Recently, I asked for a GSOP payment of GBP 30 and I didnā€™t get any response on that, but now they are not even booking my meter replacement. I have tried twice with online chat, and each time they assured me that they had booked for me and that I would receive an email within 24 hours, but I never received any email. When I called customer care, they informed me that there was no booking and that the engineering team had blocked my booking from the backend. The agent did not know the reason and raised a ticket (Ref- 22928410), and booked a tentative booking for 20/03/2024, promising to inform me for rebooking if there was a change. However, an hour after the call, I received an email saying that the appointment was no longer available and that I should call to make a new booking. It seems like the chat agent used the same tactics. Can someone suggest what my options are to deal with this?

Userlevel 7

Hey @pu29,

Ā 

Iā€™m sorry to hear this,Ā 

Ā 

Iā€™ll ask Forum_Support to reach out, please keep an eye on your private messages.Ā 

@Emmanuelle_OVOĀ I shared my details with Forum Support yesterday (14/02/2024). When can I expect an update?

Userlevel 7

Hey @pu29,

Ā 

Forum_Support will check in today.