News

Are you part of an OVO Smart Home trial? Request to join our private trialist group!

Are you part of an OVO Smart Home trial? Request to join our private trialist group!

Show first post

197 replies

Badge

Hi Tim

We are part of your Heat Pump trial. Can I be added please?

Thanks.

Kind regards

Andy

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey @Andy2Gd ! Welcome to the OVO Forum! :)

Please wait while your request is being handled. Your local @Tim_OVO has been notified of your presence.

In the meantime, there's a small matter of the entry fee. It's £1,000,000 per week. XD

Userlevel 7

Great to have another Heat Pump trialist in the house, @Andy2Gd.

Happy to hand over the keys to the exclusive Smart Home Trials Treehouse (free of charge of course!) :key:

Why not introduce yourself and your new setup over here:

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I’ve just joined the Sonnen battery Trial.. Could you add me to the group?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Welcome @malc_smith 

We haven’t yet seen anyone else here from a Sönnen trial :slight_smile:

Are you part of the cluster SE of Lincoln?

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

No in South Manchester.

Just installed (well start of Oct).

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Ah. So that’s a new trial, and no longer in an area for which I have the map of the Distribution Grid. :slight_frown:

We’ll await a Moderator to give your ID the permissions to enter the Smart Home Treehouse. When you get there you’ll notice that almost all the topics are from participants in a Heat Pump Trial in SE England.

I suggest you introduce us to yourself and describe what installation you have in the Welcome topic. I’ll then help to set up a new Topic specifically for those with Sönnen Storage Batteries.

(That link to the Welcome topic won’t work until you’re granted access of course!)

Userlevel 7

Hi @malc_smith and Welcome to the OVO online community,

As @Transparent mentions you’re our first Sonnen battery trialist to pop up here so it’s really great to have you onboard. 

I’ve just updated your Forum profile permissions giving you full access to the Smart Home Trials area and the thread @Transparent linked to above. So we’d love to see some photos of your setup there when you get the chance!

Think we might need a new Sonnen battery thread?  :blush:

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi - we are part of the Zero Carbon Home trial with a Heat Pump. Can you add me to the private forum please? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @hambrook 

Rest assured that @Tim_OVO or @Jess_OVO will be along shortly to ask you to choose a Mental, Mystery, Physical or Skill challenge in order to gain entry.

This looks like an ‘interesting’ one…

See you on the other side.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Oh, and by the way, it’s a three minute game with an Automatic Lock-In. If you touch the floor at anytime, you’ll be locked in and it’ll cost your team a crystal to buy you out, should they choose to do so.

Userlevel 7

Welcome @hambrook!

Great to see another Air Source Heat Pump trialist ready to join in the discussions here. We’ll spare you the entry challenge as I’m sure you’re keen to jump straight into our dedicated Smart Home Trials area.

I’ve updated your forum profile permissions so you should be able to walk right in!

Why not head on over to this topic to introduce yourself and your setup?:

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi, please add us to the forum. Recently had a heat pump & Sunamp thermal batteries installed installed as part of the zero carbon homes trial.

Thanks, Nic

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Howdy @Nicllb !

Unfortunately, your request cannot be granted at this time, as my magic wand isn’t working for some reason. You OK if I borrow some magic from @Tim_OVO and @Jess_OVO to get you in via the back door?

We’ll let you know once I manage to fix my broken wand and get you in. Unless you want it to do the exact opposite somehow...

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Woo hoo… another one:grinning:  You're joining a select group, @Nicllb . There are now three of us on here with the same setup.

Userlevel 7

Great to see another Zero Carbon Home trialist on board and ready to join in the conversations here, @Nicllb!

Can see one of your fellow trialists is keen to check out your setup too! Now I’ve worked some behind-the-scenes magic on your profile you should now have access to our dedicated Smart Home Trials area.

Why not head on over here to introduce yourself and your new kit:

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi Tim,

I’m one of the Sonnen battery trialists.

If you could add me to the private forum please.

Cheers

Joe

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Greetings traveller @JoeC ,

If you seek entrance to the Treehouse, first you must present to me the Kings Seal from a specific game show. You must identify that game show and reveal the name to me, in order to receive the key. Pass, and you shall proceed. Fail, and you shall be locked out forever… XD

Good luck.

Clue: a crystal or two might help. Or it might not.

Userlevel 7

Hello and Welcome to the OVO online community, @JoeC!

You’ve found the right place to join in Smart Home Trials discussions! I’ve just updated your profile so you should now have full access to the dedicated Smart Home Trials area.

We’ve been expecting more of you Sonnen battery trialists and can’t wait to hear more about you’re finding things so far. Why introduce yourself and your setup over here:

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hello, 

I’m part of the SonnenBatterie Trial in Manchester, please could I be given access to the trial forum?

Many thanks!

JL

Userlevel 7

Welcome aboard, @f0rtune!

You’re joining a bit of a wave of incoming Sonnen battery trialists here, so it’s perfect timing to get involved!

I’ve just updated your profile so you’ll now have full access to the exclusive Smart Home Trials area. We’d recommend dropping by this thread to compare notes with your fellow Sonnen-ists! :blush:

Badge

I am part of the heat pump trial and have just signed in to this Forum

Zoe 

Userlevel 7

Welcome aboard, @ZChannon - Great to have you here!

I’ve just updated your forum profile giving you access to our exclusive Smart Home Trials area. Why not introduce yourself and your setup here?

You’ve also arrived just in time to participate in some trial research we’re carrying out in collaboration with our Research team on these topics:

We’d love to hear how you’re finding things :slight_smile:

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Had a heat pump and all new rads installed in July and noticing the difference now it’s getting cold as the house is warmer than it was with the gas boiler, largely because the radiators are big enough now. Bit expensive to run though. Currently about twice as much as this time last year.

Userlevel 7

Are you on the OVO Heat Pump trial, @jetowey?

If so we’d love to grant you access to our Smart Home trials area so you can share this insight in those Research topics. :point_up: