News

Are you part of an OVO Smart Home trial? Request to join our private trialist group!

Are you part of an OVO Smart Home trial? Request to join our private trialist group!

Show first post

197 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I did also have a v2g charger a long time ago but as I changed ev we got them to remove it so someone else could benefit from having it.

Hopefully there's the opportunity to take part in trials and give useful feedback 🙂 🤞🏽

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hopefully! There’s new trials that do become available every so often, so you could get lucky.

There’s also something else that actually helps us out a lot too. If you ever spot any weird bugs, glitches or other issues with anything on OVO’s platforms, feel free to let us know here on the forums! :wink:

Some of the volunteers like myself absolutely love bug hunting, so we’re always happy to help with getting the pesky critters captured and squashed.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Have a bug with my kaluza smart + charger where it will only go up to 31 amps even in boost mode instead of up to 32 amps. Anyone else have this?

It did keep tripping the 32amp breaker when charging every so often even when turned down to 29 amps so they changed the breaker to a combined 40 amp unit this week.

Hopefully I'm not just unlucky as the exact same unit I had before that died about 2 years ago which they had the replace

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi all new to the group just had an ASHP installed last week as part of the trial we had a  mitsubushi  PAC IF073B with 170L tank, so far so good at the moment. Can I get access to the smart home trial area.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Welcome @Wookie ! Nice to meet you. 🙂 Good choice of name there too!

That’s a pretty good looking setup there. I hope it serves you well.

I can definitely request for you to be given a key for the Smart Home Trials Treehouse, but I think @Tim_OVO has already gone home and might not be back until Monday. We’ll aim to get you in as soon as we can though. I don’t have ModPowers myself… Unfortunately. :wink:

Please feel free to explore the forums in the meantime though, as there’s quite a lot to discover and we’re always happy to chat.

Hope to see you in the Treehouse soon!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Welcome @Wookie ! Nice to meet you. 🙂 Good choice of name there too!

That’s a pretty good looking setup there. I hope it serves you well.

I can definitely request for you to be given a key for the Smart Home Trials Treehouse, but I think @Tim_OVO has already gone home and might not be back until Monday. We’ll aim to get you in as soon as we can though. I don’t have ModPowers myself… Unfortunately. :wink:

Please feel free to explore the forums in the meantime though, as there’s quite a lot to discover and we’re always happy to chat.

Hope to see you in the Treehouse soon!

Does @Tim_OVO not work 24/7  ? How dare he have the weekend off 😂😂.

Thank-you @Blastoise186  for getting back so quick, I think with all the work you carry out surely by now someone would be willing to take a bribe from you for mod powers 😂.

Enjoy the weekend 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Haha! Nice one @Wookie . That is one of the best comments I’ve ever seen on pretty much any forum! :rofl: 

Unfortunately, while I’m an evil genius and a Water Type Pokémon that never runs out of energy (plus my sekrit lair covers 70% of the planet!), Tim is merely a human with only a finite amount of energy that he can summon without needing to rest. Us Blastoise don’t exactly recognise the concept of “weekends” or “days off”. :stuck_out_tongue:

As for ModPowers, I don’t need them in the usual sense. I’ve got my own ModPowers which lets me use mind control to summon the Moderators to do the job, using my experimental prototype mind control machines… Hehehe. Well, I actually get my minions to do it instead while I stand there and look like an evil genius. Using the machines sounds too much like hard work, so I delegate it instead. :joy: 

Userlevel 7

Does @Tim_OVO not work 24/7  ? How dare he have the weekend off 😂😂.

I do have the weekend off, but I come here on weekends to - it’s too much fun!

@Wookie you now have access to the Smart Home Trials private treehouse area, link here. If you can, please introduce yourself and then share some snaps of your set up (you’ll see the topics to add this to when you click the link above). The more pipes the better! 

@rajan I’ll move your comment about the smart charger + into its own topic and I’ll try and find others so we can see if it’s just your charger effected.  *edit: I can see you have already done this*

By the way everyone, if you’re considering an electric vehicle purchase, @rajan has just posted a great review of their Tesla Model 3, here:

Userlevel 2
Badge

I am part of zero carbon heating trial, please can I be added to that group.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Welcome @Speps .

I’ve flagged your request up with @Tim_OVO , so we’ll try to get you set up shortly. Please hang in there for a bit!

Userlevel 7

I am part of zero carbon heating trial, please can I be added to that group.

Just done, @Speps - the private area URL is here. If you were happy to share some pics of your installation set up (and compare it with others), post them in this topic

I’ll see you over there soon!

Userlevel 2
Badge

I am part of the zero carbon trial. Can I get access to the dedicated area. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Heya @New ASHP !

That’s a good name you’ve picked there. Bear with us and I’ll get you a key to the front door… As soon as the wizard @Tim_OVO wakes up. :rofl:

Userlevel 7

I am part of the zero carbon trial. Can I get access to the dedicated area. Thanks

You’re in, @New ASHP - welcome to the Smart Trials Treehouse! Have a look around, and consider sharing some pictures of your installation on this topic...

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

On the Zero Carbon Heating trial - looking forward to being able to discuss our experiences in the forum.

Userlevel 7

Same to you, @jenthomson!

See below for the links to the area and the installation topic…

Welcome to the Smart Trials Treehouse! Have a look around, and consider sharing some pictures of your installation on this topic...

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Howdy @jenthomson !

Your access will be granted once you provide the Sekrit Password. The Sekrit Password can be found by answering this question. What is the name of my smart meter and In-home Displays? As a clue, you can look at my profile by hovering over my avatar and then click Profile. :)

What is the Truth I seek?

With one, you may pass...

With Two you may know more…

Three, Commands me…

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Welcome @briannolan !

Yup, I can certainly send up a Mod Signal for you. I’m not sure if @Tim_OVO and @Jess_OVO are still online right now, but we’ll aim to get you in by the morning. :)

Feel free to explore the forums while you wait. We hope to have you in shortly!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

While you’re waiting @briannolan there’s a tutorial about Heat pumps here on the open Forum area which might be good to read.

It’s taken from subjects which arose within the Smart Home Treehouse and some of the follow-on comments have been made by customers on the trial.

Userlevel 7

Hi @briannolan and welcome to the OVO forum! :slight_smile:

We’re always happy to have another Smart Home trialist onboard. I’ve updated your profile so you can now access the Smart home trial area here. Why not introduce yourself and tell us about your setup in the welcome thread:

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello 

Ive just had a Daikin heat pump installed - it’s working well. Interested to join the conversation...

Userlevel 7

Glad to have another new trialist keen to join the conversation, @Bell!

I’ve given you the keys to the exclusive Smart Home trials area so welcome along! 

We’d love to see some photos of the new Daikin heat pump in action here:

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks

Glad to have another new trialist keen to join the conversation, @Bell!

I’ve given you the keys to the exclusive Smart Home trials area so welcome along! 

We’d love to see some photos of the new Daikin heat pump in action here:

Thanks but the link doesn’t work- says I am not authorised to enter the area?  I am on the low carbon heat trial.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Sorry about that @Bell !

I’ll get @Tim_OVO and @Jess_OVO to double check your roles and permissions to make sure you’ve been granted the right access. We should get this fixed up shortly. I don’t have ModPowers myself so I can’t see what you’ve got. You’ll also need to be logged in to access the Smart Home Trials Treehouse. It’s hidden away from anyone who doesn’t have the key to get in there.

Thanks for hanging in there!