News

Introducing Charge Anytime - next generation EV charging

Introducing Charge Anytime - next generation EV charging

Show first post

188 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Abby,  yes I did, but they don't know and have raised this with Kaluza.  I also asked Indra , and they similarly don't know and are 'seeking clarification ' from Kaluza.

So it looks like my query has everyone scratching their heads.!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I heard somewhere that the rate was dropping from 10p to 7p from 1st Nov.

I cannot seem to find any information on this.

Perhaps @Tim_OVO  or @Emmanuelle_OVO  have some clarity on this and a link to the info.

If it's true I just shot myself in the foot with a big charge yesterday, LOL.

Cheers

Gaz

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Gaz, it's true! I just got an email from OVO about it 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Yep, I jumped the gun a little.

My email came through at 12:27 so at least it was today and not the day before I charged.

It's come at a good time too as I need to do a lot of charging in the next 4 weeks.

Gaz

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

By the way, thanks for the heads up about this! I’ll make sure the other Forum Volunteers get the updated info.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Has anybody found out how to change their EV with the OVO account.

I have been going round in circles this morning. I pick up my new EV tomorrow and thought I should change the details as it is a different make and battery size.

I have been passed from pillar to post!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Nick Challacombe ,

The Smart Home Team can help you with that if memory serves. Try smarthome@ovoenergy.com .

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Thank you, I eventually got through and they seemed unaware that it appeared on my details on their app and suggested I phone Indra.

I have now managed to up date on the Kaluza web. 

Thanks for your swift reply.,

Badge

I’ve been using Charge anytime EV since August 2023, and have successfully connected the App with Audi Etron; meaning the connection is live and detailing my monthly saving. 

The problem is that to date, I’ve not received any credit/rebate on my OVO account.

I have called OVO over 10 times, with numerous emails. The conversation appears to always be the same in that they first advise that they do not have a department that deals with anytime EV, and once I finally find someone that is willing to help ( usually within an hour on the phone) I'm advised that it will appear on my next bill. Which never does. 

Ive contacted the following numbers/contacts to no avail:

Online Chat
0330 303 5063
smarthome@ovoenergy.com

Who do I speak to, and who resolves this for me ?

Badge +2

Just want to add that if you’re eligible for this please do it, it’s a fantastic system, very simple to use once setup.

Cheers

Jim McAdam

Userlevel 7

Hi @Blanc88 - that sounds really frustrating. Sorry to hear.

You’ve contacted the right team with that smarthome@ovoenergy.com email address. 

We’ll send you a private message from our Forum Support team so we can chase them up to see if they can why this advice of theirs about the credit is failing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Keep an eye out here for a mesage @Blanc88

https://forum.ovoenergy.com/inbox/overview

Badge

Thank you for your prompt response, I look forward to receiving your feedback.

I,  however, feel compelled to express my disappointment with the service experience I have encountered, regardless of the eventual resolution. The lack of knowledge integration concerning Charge Anytime EV within your organization is readily apparent. None of the customer-facing representatives seem to be well-versed in the services you advertise on your website and promote elsewhere. I have repeatedly been advised that the department concerning and or managing Charge Anytime EV  does not exist.  

I have invested more than 5+ hours through phone calls, emails, and online chats, yet I have made no progress. This level of service is unacceptable. Fortunately, I have the time and resources to persist in seeking a solution, but I am concerned that others may not be as fortunate.

It is imperative that this issue is promptly addressed and that lessons are learned from this experience. We must ensure that the vulnerable are not left exposed to the shortcomings of an under-resourced service.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Thank you for your prompt response, I look forward to receiving your feedback.

I,  however, feel compelled to express my disappointment with the service experience I have encountered, regardless of the eventual resolution. The lack of knowledge integration concerning Charge Anytime EV within your organization is readily apparent. None of the customer-facing representatives seem to be well-versed in the services you advertise on your website and promote elsewhere. I have repeatedly been advised that the department concerning and or managing Charge Anytime EV  does not exist.  

I have invested more than 5+ hours through phone calls, emails, and online chats, yet I have made no progress. This level of service is unacceptable. Fortunately, I have the time and resources to persist in seeking a solution, but I am concerned that others may not be as fortunate.

It is imperative that this issue is promptly addressed and that lessons are learned from this experience. We must ensure that the vulnerable are not left exposed to the shortcomings of an under-resourced service.

Hi @Blanc88

You may already know this. 

You can put in a complaint if you feel strongly or write to the CEO with feedback. 

There are details on this page about doing both of those things

https://www.ovoenergy.com/feedback

I don't work for ovo, I am just  a customer like you. 

Badge

Hi @Jeffus 

Thank you for your support. I have already raised a complaint and dependent on the outcome will decide if I need to take it further. 

Userlevel 7

Our Forum Support team will have a look at the advisors you spoke to recently, @Blanc88, to make sure feedback if passed on about this. 

I know first hand that there’s tones of learning materials, videos, an internal knowledge base with details about Charge Anytime. I’m just sorry the efforts to make sure our advisors are equipped to handle all questions failed you in this instance.

Userlevel 7

Eligible EVs are being added all the time, @CountBorgula - keep your eyes peeled here. It couldn’t hurt to check in with MG though...

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Here's a screenshot of the charging progress so far this evening. As you can see, the first 3 half-hour periods were dead slow, then it's decided to speed up. During all this, nothing much else was using electricity in the house - just the dishwasher and the TV - so there shouldn't  be any load curtailment.

Did you ever manage to find out what was going on @MikeyB ?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Jeffus  yes, sort of! Indra have concluded that Kaluza is issuing spurious slow charge commands to the charger, which was causing the charger to switch down to it's slowest rate (6A). 

Why Kaluza is doing this is still under investigation, as OVO are still insisting Charge Anytime only specifies charging time slots and not rates.

Until they work it out, as a workaround they have set my charger's minimum charge rate to 31A  (!), and it has charged fine for the last 2 sessions like this.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

The first EV I had was not listed so I contacted OVO and it was put on in a matter of days. It was a rather obscure car a SsangYong Korando emotion but it was added to the list. 

Badge

Was there a particular team you contacted.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Was there a particular team you contacted.  

smarthome@ovoenergy.com will get you to the team for queries 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Apologies, just looked at my emails , Jeffus is correct, I went down that route giving all the information needed, Make in full, battery size and reg number so they could lookup details.

it worked after a few days.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Apologies, just looked at my emails , Jeffus is correct, I went down that route giving all the information needed, Make in full, battery size and reg number so they could lookup details.

it worked after a few days.

I wonder if the SsangYong works because you used it with the compatible charger and Kaluza?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Does anyone know how long it will be before i5 will be on the charge anytime 

What charger do you have?