Introducing Charge Anytime - next generation EV charging

Introducing Charge Anytime - next generation EV charging

Show first post

188 replies

Userlevel 7

Hey @Stevenlevy,

Jeffus is correct, you can access Charge Anytime with an eligible charger

Am I eligible?

You can see all eligibility details in our Charge Anytime page here.

• You must be an OVO Energy customer and have an eligible car or charger. We’re constantly looking to open up the eligibility of this product to more EV models and chargers, so if you don’t see your tech here, keep an eye on our page. 
Badge

i have an eligible charger i dont have an eligible car 

its a bmw i5 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

i have an eligible charger i dont have an eligible car 

its a bmw i5 

If your charger is compatible, then any EV can use anytime … all other considerations in place .. smart meter, half hour readings etc

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I’m afraid neither of those is compatible right now. But smarthome@ovoenergy.com might be able to dig deeper

Userlevel 7

Hey @Chris DJ,

Welcome to the OVO Online Community,

We’re constantly looking to open up the eligibility of this product to more EV models and chargers, so if you don’t see your tech here, keep an eye on our page. 

You can see all eligibility details in our Charge Anytime page here.

Badge

Podpoint is compatible. They need to add the car.  I have our podpoint with the ix3.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Podpoint is compatible. They need to add the car.  I have our podpoint with the ix3.  

Pod point is not a compatible charger. They list Indra and Ohme at present. 
Any compatible EV will work with any charger as it’s a compatible charger or a compatible EV for Charge Anytime. 

Badge

So I have an ix3 can I not use podpoint with charge anytime. I thought I put the podpoint to manual and charge anytime takes over.  Charge anytime linked to my ix3 app 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Updated on 22/11/23 by Abby_OVO

Pod point is not a compatible charger. They list Indra and Ohme at present. 
Any compatible EV will work with any charger as it’s a compatible charger or a compatible EV for Charge Anytime. 

So I have an ix3 can I not use podpoint with charge anytime. I thought I put the podpoint to manual and charge anytime takes over.  Charge anytime linked to my ix3 app 

Yes .. your EV is compatible so you can use any charger 

https://www.ovoenergy.com/electric-cars/charge-anytime-cars-and-chargers

And yes, with a compatible EV but not charger you use the D2V method with the anytime app

As of the 1st November 2023, Charge Anytime now offers  7p per kWh for smart charging. It can be added to any OVO plan, including electric-only households

Who can get Charge Anytime

There are now two ways you can get Charge Anytime:

You must have an eligible EV or Smart Charger, we’re constantly looking into ways to broaden eligibility of this product so if your technology isn’t currently on this list keep an eye on our page for updates! 

Badge

Thank you but what is d2v method 

I am new to all this 

any idea about bmw i5 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thank you but what is d2v method 

I am new to all this 

any idea about bmw i5 

Sorry .. D2V is just short for direct to vehicle. 
The team at smarthome@ovoenergy.com are working on new additions but there are no updates generally given until release as it’s down to access to the EV system they need from the manufacturer which is not always easy and often changes from model to model

Badge

So do I set pod point to manual. To charge. As the charge anytime takes over.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

So do I set pod point to manual. To charge. As the charge anytime takes over.  

I presume so - I don’t have a Pod point so not sure. The Charge Anytime app is what takes control. 
From an earlier post

The Charge Anytime app is used for direct to vehicle (D2V) control. Where a customer has an eligible vehicle but does not have an eligible charger, they should use the D2V app. Where a customer has an eligible charger (regardless of whether or not their vehicle is eligible), they should use the charger app.

The difference between the two at the moment is that the D2V customer will see savings in their D2V app, whilst the charger customer can see savings in a page called “Your EV” in the My OVO account.

If a customer has an eligible charger and has downloaded the D2V app, they are likely to be setting schedules in multiple apps which will cause a conflict in commands being sent to charge the battery. As a result they may miss their ready by times and will probably not be able to reconcile their Charge Anytime credits.

Badge

i have the podpoint 

i can use it on manual but not with the charge anytime with the BMW i5 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I have an Indra Smart Pro, It works with my new car, a Subaru SolTerra Touring providing you do not try to set up the charging timings etc on your car. The same applied to the SsangYong. You set the charging times on the Kaluza App and if you have charge any time  then all you have to do is set the time you want the car charged .

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Yes, yours may too, see the next reply.

Badge

on charge anytime my car which  is the i5 does not appear 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

on charge anytime my car which  is the i5 does not appear 

Not currently, you’re right. 
If you had an Indra or Ohme charger you could use it but I think you said that you had a Pod point

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Or an Indra Smart Pro, I am led to believe.

Badge

so if i change the charger would i be able to use it with charge anytime on the i 5

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

so if i change the charger would i be able to use it with charge anytime on the i 5

Yes - Charge Anytime works with a compatible charger or a compatible EV

Badge

Great when I got a free podpoint with my car.  

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

7p a KWh is quite a temptation and as yet I have found that it works. Octopus are the next lowest at 7.5p but I do not think that is anytime.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

7p a KWh is quite a temptation and as yet I have found that it works. Octopus are the next lowest at 7.5p but I do not think that is anytime.

No, theirs is set overnight hours

Badge

I have charge anytime in ix3. It’s not exactly anytime. Because what happens is you say when you want the car. Charged and it does the rest but it stops and starts throughout the day and night.  If you want immediate you press emergency charge but it’s at your full rate. 

octopus is only at night but I believe they give you something during the day too.