Solved

Why is my new SMETS2 gas meter not sending my meter readings to OVO?

• 22 February 2019
  • 29 replies

Show first post

29 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

hi

we have both gas and electricity smart meters and the han is working for both and information received by the ihd for both but for the wan only gas meter readings are being received into my online account which bizarely says that an electricity smart meter has not been installed as they were both installed at the same time. the communications hub is a standard edmi 420.

can someone help why my electricity readings are not being automatically sent?

Hi @keithy

Welcome to the customer forum, i am just a customer like you. 

A few initial thoughts 

On the page there are details of your meters

https://account.ovoenergy.com/plan

Are they the same as what you see on the actual meters?

When did you have the meters installed?

Have you been with OVO long? 

Probably useful to check if any of the 3rd party apps can see the results

https://hugoenergyapp.co.uk/

thanks the meters are as expected and they were installed a couple of months ago. my account shows gas meter as a smart meter but not the electricity meter but it is also a smart meter as both were installed at the same time.

everything appears to be working with the home area network as it should but for some unknown reason the wide area network is only sending gas and not electricity  meter readings.  the communications hub wan and han lights are green and pulse every 5 seconds presumably meaning that it is working ok.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

thanks the meters are as expected and they were installed a couple of months ago. my account shows gas meter as a smart meter but not the electricity meter but it is also a smart meter as both were installed at the same time.

everything appears to be working with the home area network as it should but for some unknown reason the wide area network is only sending gas and not electricity  meter readings.  the communications hub wan and han lights are green and pulse every 5 seconds presumably meaning that it is working ok.

Ultimately you will have to call the OVO Support team then.

It can take up to 6 weeks for new meters to fully setup but you say it has been a couple of months now. 

Did the Hugo app see any data? 

If you post how you get on with OVO Support i am sure it will help others in the future.

Good luck! 

Userlevel 7

Good advice above, @keithy. I can see you’ve also posted this same comment in in it’s own topic:

If your electricity meter isn’t showing up on your online account, our Support team are indeed best placed to help. Checking with a third party app like Hugo is a good idea as Jeffus suggested. 

To check for signal issues with the electricity meter, you can perform this health check: