Solved

Smets1 Pipit 500 IHD does not appear to show meter readings? Is this correct?

• 31 March 2022
  • 6 replies

I have a smets1 Pipit 500 in house display unit which does not appear to show meter readings

Does it not have this facility? Later models appear to be able to show the meter readings.

icon

Best answer by Jess_OVO 1 April 2022, 12:37

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Brent ,

I don’t have a Pipit 500 to hand myself so I can’t check. I’m looking for a guide and will be back to you soon!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Ok, after finding a few user manuals, I’m afraid there doesn’t seem to be the ability to get a meter reading out of the Secure Pipit 500 that I can find.

Just to make sure though, I’ll ask @Tim_OVO for help.

Many thanks for taking the time. I reckon I know the outcome but will hope for the best.

Userlevel 7

Updated on 14/06/23 by Emmanuelle_OVO

Hi @Brent 

Looks like @Blastoise186 has already confirmed that the meter readings aren’t available to view on your Pipit IHD. Your meter should be sending these readings automatically and you can check the latest readings we’ve received on the meter readings page of the OVO app (download for Android or iOS).

In case your smart meters reading schedule is set to monthly, or might be having communication difficulties you can also take a reading on the meter itself by pressing the ‘9’ button on the meter keypad.

Let us know if this did the trick!

Thank you so much Jess. Downloaded app and can now see the meter readings, which is what I wanted to do all along. I know the meter readings can be checked by pressing 9 but it is becoming more difficult as I am getting older and more arthritic by the day.

My IHD unit is still showing fixed rate pricing. I have asked for this to be changed but as yet nothing has happened. I wonder if you could look into this for me. 
Thanks for your response and help.

Brent

Userlevel 7

Glad to have helped with the meter reading question, @Brent.

As for the unit rates and standing charges showing on the device, as mentioned in this similar topic, these can take a few days to update following a price change. If you’ve checked again later in the week and the rates still don’t seem right, reach out to our Support Team to let them know. They should be able to send a remote message to your smart meter to get things corrected.

In the meantime the prices on your online account/OVO app are updated separately to those on your meter, so you should be able to access more accurate daily cost information via the ‘Usage’ pages here.

Hope this helps.