My smart meter fitting experience resulted in gas supply being capped as the engineer thought they identified a spillage with my gas fire appliance...

• 12 February 2021
  • 33 replies

Show first post

33 replies

@gooner1511 I had a similar experience. I had to pay for a Gas Safe engineer to inspect my gas hob after the OVO engineer who fitted my gas smart meter said it was unsafe. There was nothing wrong with it and 10 months later my gas smart meter still doesn’t work!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey there @pinball13 !

I’m really sorry to hear about the trouble you’ve had. It goes without saying that this definitely isn’t the experience you should be having. I’m afraid the Community Moderators might not be available now until Tuesday outside of an emergency, but I can try to assist anyway in the meantime.

What kind of issues are you having with the gas meter exactly? If you can describe the trouble a bit more, I might be able to give some advice that can help.

Userlevel 1

@gooner1511 I had a similar experience. I had to pay for a Gas Safe engineer to inspect my gas hob after the OVO engineer who fitted my gas smart meter said it was unsafe. There was nothing wrong with it and 10 months later my gas smart meter still doesn’t work!

I feel your pain,the company seems completely understaffed to be able to cope with the amount of customers and complaints/problems which have arisen.

The guys on here give some good sound advice but it doesn't ease the frustration towards OVO.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Actually, things are turning around there with customer service and complaint handling. Forum volunteers such as myself are just an extension to what the main Support Team does, but the reason that it might seem as if the Support Team is or was understaffed has already been resolved as far as I’m aware.

There’s also a trial going on right now which aims to test out a new and ingenious way of doing customer service. I’m one of the members involved in that trial but I’ve been asked not to reveal too many details. I will give away a slight clue however. Let’s just say that the trial makes things get a little more… Dedicated… In actual fact, the average response time to my emails during the trial has plummeted from the usual three days, to under three hours.

But that's nothing compared to the average response time on the forum… :wink:

@Blastoise186 Thanks for the support, but I’m not expecting help - just whining! My gas smart meter has never sent any readings. I’ve contacted OVO via chat, email and phone many times and jumped though all the hoops. They say I need and engineer revisit but they won’t do anything to provide one.

Userlevel 1

Meters originally fitted 19th January.

Over a month since raised a complaint,to be told when an engineer is available I would be booked in,same story I was told months ago

Guess what I'm still waiting..…

Pathetic customer service/experience I feel that I've been forgotten,OVO are you seriously telling me there hasn't been an engineer any where near Essex in the past 2 or 3 months.

I feel like stopping direct debit then I might get a response from the company,cannot wait to leave this shambles of a company.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I think you may want to hang in there a bit longer and keep that DD going. If you cancel it, you risk falling into debt with OVO and that’s not good for your credit score.

I’ve alerted @Tim_OVO and @Jess_OVO however that you’re still waiting for a resolution. Hopefully they can step in.

Userlevel 7

Ahhh I hate hearing of these delays, really sorry to hear, @gooner1511.

I’m keen to offer some help - I’ll send you a private message shortly to get some account info. 

Your quickest route though is web chat - 60 second wait time on average, get them here

Tim