Thought I'd leave my tale of woe about my smart meter installation.
New smart meters fitted Jan 19th(already had smart meters which were working!!)for whatever reason. Installer fitted both electric and gas meters and gave me the Ihd for them.
He then tested gas meter told me I had a 2mbar drop on gas pressure (4mbar permitted),then he told me I had spillage in my gas fire and capped my supply off.
Opens his phone and tells me to look on yell.com(yellow pages) I need a gas engineer to come sort the problem out.
So Jan 19th no central heating and no hot water.... wonderful.
Electric meter installed working ok
Installer then turns the ihd device on and says this could take 24-48 hours to sort itself out.
Luckily for me I'm friends with a plumber who's gas Safe registered he came round redid the pressure drop test with a digital meter with printout (not the water gauge the installer used) and this recorded a drop of 0.79mbar which he said is absolutely fine. The condemned gas fire,he looked around the flue and the self contained fire and didn't see any spillage,no smell of gas so nothing really wrong. Uncapped the supply and lit the boiler and we were back on.
Now the point of this story is apart from the cost and hassle of getting a gas engineer out is I've now got 2 'smart' meters which do not talk to my Ihd or send readings to OVO on my online account in shows the correct serial number for the electric meter but no readings from 19th Jan.
The gas meter is not the correct meter serial number and I've not sent any gas readings since 19th Jan so I'm acrueing a very large gas bill when someone finally gets round to sorting my meters out.
I've rang OVO and filled out their detailed form about the new meters (type,serial num,readings,comm unit) and have since been told it's likely to take up to 45 days to be looked at by the smart team.
Overall a very poor experience with no end in sight.
In the meantime I'm racking up gas and electric charges.