Solved

Electric smart meter not sending readings but gas is?

Show first post

119 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

No - if it was from the meter it would say Smart alongside

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@ChrisMac the meter reading page will look like this when working correctly with daily readings with the word smart next to them

https://account.ovoenergy.com/meter-readings/history/electricity

Userlevel 3

@ChrisMac the meter reading page will look like this when working correctly with daily readings with the word smart next to them

https://account.ovoenergy.com/meter-readings/history/electricity

Okay thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge

I think you have a legitimate gripe, though, because an apparently arbitrary higher estimate for 11 October seems to have been used for billing instead of your manually-submitted ‘actual’ reading. I don’t think that’s supposed to happen, even though it doesn’t usually matter much. 

Userlevel 6

Hey @ChrisMac 

I think Firedog would be right here:

I think you have a legitimate gripe, though, because an apparently arbitrary higher estimate for 11 October seems to have been used for billing instead of your manually-submitted ‘actual’ reading. I don’t think that’s supposed to happen, even though it doesn’t usually matter much. 

The Forum_Support will be looking into all of this, hopefully they can get to the bottom of everything for you.

Userlevel 3

Hey @ChrisMac 

I think Firedog would be right here:

The Forum_Support will be looking into all of this, hopefully they can get to the bottom of everything for you.

Okay 

Userlevel 3

All,

My account is now showing 3 days of Smart electric reads after Forum support have looked into this problem. I don’t yet know what caused the meter to not send smart reads since joining Ovo.

Thanks to everyone who helped. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

All,

My account is now showing 3 days of Smart electric reads after Forum support have looked into this problem. I don’t yet know what caused the meter to not send smart reads since joining Ovo.

It would be really useful to know what the problem was @Tim_OVO 

Userlevel 3

All,

It would be really useful to know what the problem was @Tim_OVO 

I have asked Forum Support what caused the fault, awaiting reply. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

See if the usage page is working @ChrisMac

https://account.ovoenergy.com/usage?datePeriod=daily&unit=kwh&fuel=electricity

Userlevel 3

Hi,

Yes getting readings for usage okay.

But noticed that the Power Move option still thinks I don’t have a connected Smart meter which seems strange? 

Userlevel 3

All,

It would be really useful to know what the problem was @Tim_OVO 

I have asked Forum Support what caused the fault, awaiting reply. 

Looks like they don’t want to share the fix! 

Userlevel 7

Hey @ChrisMac,

Forum_Support will get in touch via private message. 

Userlevel 3

Hey @ChrisMac,

Okay 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hey @ChrisMac,

Okay 

@ChrisMac 

It would be good to know what the issue was and why it took so long to fix. It may help other posters in the future.

Personally I think you deserve some compensation for it taking so long. 

Something is seriously wrong with the ovo processes in my personal opinion when issues take this long to resolve. 

Userlevel 3

Hey @ChrisMac,

Okay 

@ChrisMac

It would be good to know what the issue was and why it took so long to fix. It may help other posters in the future.

Something is seriously wrong with the ovo processes in my personal opinion when issues take this long to resolve. 

Yep!

Userlevel 3

Hey @ChrisMac,

Okay 

@ChrisMac

Yep!

Doesn’t allow me to sign up for Power Move even though my Smart reads seem to be okay now. Any ideas? 

Thanks Chris

Userlevel 7

Hey @ChrisMac,

Are the readings coming through every half hour?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hey @ChrisMac,

Was working a few days ago, see link above. 

@Emmanuelle_OVO 

Is there a minimum number of days of historical 30min readings before a customer can sign up to Power Move? 

I know there is for the Demand Flexibility Service which would impact Power Move Plus I suspect. 

Userlevel 3

Hey @ChrisMac,

Hi, yes readings every half hour.

Good news it has now allowed me to sign up :-) 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Oh goody late to the party.  But my account has stopped receiving Electricity readings from the meter but still gets Gas.  OVO have started requesting a manual electricity reading via the website.

So….. for umpteen months all has been worked well.

Now…. HAN and WAN lights are flashing. Meter numbers all tie up.  Half hourly usage and meter readings exist on OVO website for Gas. 

October Electricity meter readings are there up to the 25th, skip 26th and 27th, 28th is present (October) then nothing.  Half hourly data stops at 1am on 25th October.

Meanwhile the Hildebrand app/database has 30 min data up to the early morning of 2nd Nov and Gas to the end of 1st Nov.  However I don’t use the app that often and have only just re-installed it so it might take a little while to “catch up”.

I would seem to me that WAN comms is fine otherwise how would OVO get the Gas meter reading data?   I have completed the smart meter self help / investigate journey and, apart from it thinking that my Gas meter has a button C which it does not, that seemed OK offering me resolution in 45 days!

Is there a systemic issue with OVO processes here? A recent upgrade to IT that has a problem etc. etc.

Any suggestions as to next steps?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

If you’ve already completed that form, there’s nothing more to do until OVO gets back to you.

Userlevel 3

Oh goody late to the party.  But my account has stopped receiving Electricity readings from the meter but still gets Gas.  OVO have started requesting a manual electricity reading via the website.

Now…. HAN and WAN lights are flashing. Meter numbers all tie up.  Half hourly usage and meter readings exist on OVO website for Gas. 

October Electricity meter readings are there up to the 25th, skip 26th and 27th, 28th is present (October) then nothing.  Half hourly data stops at 1am on 25th October.

Meanwhile the Hildebrand app/database has 30 min data up to the early morning of 2nd Nov and Gas to the end of 1st Nov.  However I don’t use the app that often and have only just re-installed it so it might take a little while to “catch up”.

I would seem to me that WAN comms is fine otherwise how would OVO get the Gas meter reading data?   I have completed the smart meter self help / investigate journey and, apart from it thinking that my Gas meter has a button C which it does not, that seemed OK offering me resolution in 45 days!

Is there a systemic issue with OVO processes here? A recent upgrade to IT that has a problem etc. etc.

Are your Han and wan lights flashing 5 seconds apart? 
you need this passing to forum support.

Over 12 months ago I had an engineer come out to check electric meter as not sending Smart reads but tbh he  didn't really do anything except damage my main fuse! Too concerned about his colleague outside who seemed to be timing the engineers visit! 

I was sending manual reads after his visit and couldn’t be bothered chasing Ovo until I noticed the Smart Move power incentive.

it took awhile to sort but after my issue was escalated to Forum Support it got sorted! 
Shame I still don’t know which button they pressed to fix it! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Forum Support are indeed amazingly good. I know several of the people who do it and have met some of them over time.

Unfortunately however, I can’t authorise the use of that team myself. It’s down to the discretion of the Forum Moderators although I can request permission from them if I feel it’d be of benefit.

This particular case however, isn’t one I personally feel needs their intervention right now. It’s generally best to let the regular teams have a go first if you can.

Userlevel 3

Forum Support are indeed amazingly good. I know several of the people who do it and have met some of them over time.

Unfortunately however, I can’t authorise the use of that team myself. It’s down to the discretion of the Forum Moderators although I can request permission from them if I feel it’d be of benefit.

This particular case however, isn’t one I personally feel needs their intervention right now. It’s generally best to let the regular teams have a go first if you can.

Are your Han and wan lights flashing 5 seconds apart? 
you need this passing to forum support.

Over 12 months ago I had an engineer come out to check electric meter as not sending Smart reads but tbh he  didn't really do anything except damage my main fuse! Too concerned about his colleague outside who seemed to be timing the engineers visit! 

I was sending manual reads after his visit and couldn’t be bothered chasing Ovo until I noticed the Smart Move power incentive.

it took awhile to sort but after my issue was escalated to Forum Support it got sorted! 
Shame I still don’t know which button they pressed to fix it! 

I said to the engineer this seems like an Ovo internal issue as all readings were showing on meter but not when viewing data through the App or Portal. It was totally dismissed as he didn’t want to know about the systems Ovo use!