Solved

Electric smart meter not sending readings but gas is?

Show first post

119 replies

Userlevel 7

Hey @ChrisMac,

It might be something to do with the meter details being incorrect on the national database. When you check your account online, and bills, does the meter serial number match the one on your meter? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hey @ChrisMac,

It might be something to do with the meter details being incorrect on the national database. When you check your account online, and bills, does the meter serial number match the one on your meter? 

Also @ChrisMac you can see who your electricity network operator is here

https://www.energynetworks.org/customers/find-my-network-operator

You can then contact your electricity network operator and ask them what your MPAN number is.

You can compare that with what ovo have recorded. It is rare but we have seen instances where ovo have the wrong mpan. 

Interesting though that Hugo is working fine by the look of things. They check your address and mpan with the national database. 

Userlevel 3

Hi all,

Rang Electrical North West today to check MPAN number they have for my address, turns out it is the same that Ovo have on record.

Also got a message from Ovo support saying sorry you are having problems with the IHD!! That left me speechless tbh! Responded back politely saying it’s the Smart that’s at fault.

Think I have two options now either raise a complaint or move back to Eon who installed the meters. But that still leaves me with the damaged main fuse holder.

Chris

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Switching supplier won’t help in this case

Userlevel 3

Why not?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Because of two reasons:

1. Eon would have completely disconnected themselves when you switched to OVO - if you switch back, it’s not treated as a meter they installed anymore
  2. If this is an issue at DCC, then it’ll affect ALL suppliers, not just OVO
  3. On average, OVO seems to have better diagnostic tooling that a lot of suppliers I’ve seen
Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi all,

Rang Electrical North West today to check MPAN number they have for my address, turns out it is the same that Ovo have on record.

Also got a message from Ovo support saying sorry you are having problems with the IHD!! That left me speechless tbh! Responded back politely saying it’s the Smart that’s at fault.

Think I have two options now either raise a complaint or move back to Eon who installed the meters. But that still leaves me with the damaged main fuse holder.

Chris

So

1. The MPAN looks correct as the one the network operator is using from the central database  matches the one ovo is using

2. Hugo is successfully picking up both gas and electricity readings from your smart meters (albeit they can't access all the data ovo can) 

It could be an issue with the smart meter but it does look like it could be an issue with OVO with the limited information so far.

3. On your bills you will see a serial number for your meter. Check this is the same as the number on the front of your smart meter.

4. What do you see on the electricity usage page?

https://account.ovoenergy.com/usage?fuel=electricity

5. It is more than curious eon were getting your readings fine but ovo have never got your electricity readings

Userlevel 3

Snapshot of usage 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Am assuming you do not see anything on the day page which would normally show 30 min readings

https://account.ovoenergy.com/usage?fuel=electricity&datePeriod=daily&unit=kwh

Userlevel 3

I did ask to have 30 min readings some time back, I’ll check. 
Which is the serial number on the meter? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

If you show us some photos of the meter, we can extract the MSN for you

Userlevel 3

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Ok, I extracted 19E5002221

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

But what makes me curious… Is whether the issue here then is the same one that theunknowntech said he’d been seeing… Hmm...

Userlevel 3

Thanks

Userlevel 3

Serial number matches what’s on Ovo bills. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Just had a thought. theunknowntech had left some notes for me on Discord regarding S2 EDMI meters a while ago. Apparently it’s quite common for them to lose their read schedules/billing calendars which gives the impression that it’s not sending readings.

It may be as simple as forcing down the SMETS Command for updating the read schedules. If that’s not been used yet, it’d be worth a shot.

Userlevel 3

Just had a thought. theunknowntech had left some notes for me on Discord regarding S2 EDMI meters a while ago. Apparently it’s quite common for them to lose their read schedules/billing calendars which gives the impression that it’s not sending readings.

It may be as simple as forcing down the SMETS Command for updating the read schedules. If that’s not been used yet, it’d be worth a shot.

How do we action that then? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

It can be attempted by the Support Team. What’s also curious that it’s been a very common issue seen a lot with EDMI meters that Eon were using. Not sure if that’s a connection though.

Have a word with the Support Team tomorrow. They should be able to run that command.

Userlevel 3

It can be attempted by the Support Team. What’s also curious that it’s been a very common issue seen a lot with EDMI meters that Eon were using. Not sure if that’s a connection though.

Have a word with the Support Team tomorrow. They should be able to run that command.

Okay

Can anyone on support get this carried out?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I think so. If they can’t, they can get second line to run it.

Userlevel 3

I think so. If they can’t, they can get second line to run it.

Okay thanks again 

Userlevel 3

Todays update, used Ovo chat to ask for Blastoise186 fix to be carried out.

Got case ref 21381971 amended 

Userlevel 6

Hey @ChrisMac 

Sorry to hear about the issues you’ve been having. 

It looks like Blastoise186 has steered you in the right direction to have the Support Team work on this. Hopefully they can get the issue resolved soon, and you can get onto Power Move for the the remainder of the Autumn Challenge.

Keep us updated with how things go with this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

It looks like Blastoise286 has steered you in the right direction to have the Support Team work on this.

Blastoise286??? Who is this imposter??? XD