Solved

Electric smart meter not sending readings but gas is?

Show first post

119 replies

Userlevel 3

All

After several chats to Ovo today I eventually got the SMETS command fix run, they said wait 48 hours before checking for smart reads again, fingers crossed here :-) 

Userlevel 3

All

still no Smart readings from electric meter, will allow a little more time. 

Userlevel 3

No difference, still no electric Smart reads

Userlevel 3

BACK TO EON FOR ME SOON, seems this can’t be resolved, lots of customers having same issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

BACK TO EON FOR ME SOON, seems this can’t be resolved, lots of customers having same issue.

If you have time it might be good to post your experience on Trustpilot where more people will see it. 

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.ovoenergy.com

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Obviously entirely your call @ChrisMac but in this case, I’m not sure that a change of supplier will fix this - unless you get a better tech support response perhaps. 
All the data goes to a central hub (DCC) and the supplier picks it up from there so if it’s not getting to the DCC then no supplier will get readings

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Obviously entirely your call @ChrisMac but in this case, I’m not sure that a change of supplier will fix this - unless you get a better tech support response perhaps. 
All the data goes to a central hub (DCC) and the supplier picks it up from there so if it’s not getting to the DCC then no supplier will get readings

@ChrisMac is seeing readings in Hugo fine.

So at least some data is definitely getting to the DCC which ovo isn't picking up or displaying 

Difficult to know exactly where the issue is

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Obviously entirely your call @ChrisMac but in this case, I’m not sure that a change of supplier will fix this - unless you get a better tech support response perhaps. 

So at least some data is definitely getting to the DCC which ovo isn't picking up or displaying 

I’m told that a supplier can’t use the third party data for some reason - it is a separate data set

Edit: I should have read the whole thread before posting … it does look like a meter mismatch or similar with crossed wires for the supplier info. In that case, a change of supplier might help if OVO don’t fix it

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

I’m told that a supplier can’t use the third party data for some reason - it is a separate data set

Edit: I should have read the whole thread before posting … it does look like a meter mismatch or similar with crossed wires for the supplier info. In that case, a change of supplier might help if OVO don’t fix it

It is hard to tell, it could also be the issue @Blastoise186 points out with calenders and you could be right about something unusual in the DCC. 

My overriding thought is this overall issue has been going on since 09/10/2020 the day @ChrisMac switched. 

In pure elapsed time, this is the worst case of OVO customer service I have ever seen on the forum in the years I have been posting. 

I have made this point before to the ovo moderators, there seems to be a problem with the ovo core customer service process. Somewhere this should be flagged in some Time To Resolution metrics. It was never fixed since the first time @ChrisMac raised the issue. It shouldn't be possible for this issue to have gone on so long. @ChrisMac had a working setup before joining OVO. 

Userlevel 3

All

Is it worth logging a complaint? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

All

I would say definitely @ChrisMac 

Jeffus has also been pointing out an email for the CEO’s team on issues which haven’t been resolved 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

All

I have flagged the ovo moderators in case they want to get ovo support to contact you via the forum. If the ovo moderators don't want to do that for whatever reason, then yes I would put in a complaint. 

Then ovo have 8 weeks to resolve the complaint before you go to the Ombudsman. 

You have been very patient to wait this long. I think you have been let down. 

I have sent a link to this thread to the ovo CEO feedback email address in case there are any general lesson learned they want to look at. 

Userlevel 3

All

I have flagged the ovo moderators in case they want to get ovo support to contact you via the forum. If the ovo moderators don't want to do that for whatever reason, then yes I would put in a complaint. 

Then ovo have 8 weeks to resolve the complaint before you go to the Ombudsman. 

You have been very patient to wait this long. I think you have been let down. 

I have sent a link to this thread to the ovo CEO feedback email address in case there are any general lesson learned they want to look at. 

Okay thanks

Userlevel 3

All

I would say definitely @ChrisMac 

Jeffus has also been pointing out an email for the CEO’s team on issues which haven’t been resolved 

Thanks 

Userlevel 6

Hey @ChrisMac 

Sorry to hear those commands didn’t fix the issue. 

I’ll have the Forum_Support reach out so they can take a look into this for you. You should receive a Private Message soon here: https://forum.ovoenergy.com/inbox/overview

Userlevel 3

Hey @ChrisMac 

Sorry to hear those commands didn’t fix the issue. 

I’ll have the Forum_Support reach out so they can take a look into this for you. You should receive a Private Message soon here: https://forum.ovoenergy.com/inbox/overview

Yes I’ve received a message from them. Thank you.

It's possible that your electric meter is not compatible with smart reading. Not all electric meters are compatible, so you should check with your energy supplier to make sure.

Userlevel 3

It's possible that your electric meter is not compatible with smart reading. Not all electric meters are compatible, so you should check with your energy supplier to make sure.

It’s Smet2 installed by Eon and was working fine when I left them. 

Userlevel 3

It’s Smet2 installed by Eon and was working fine when I left them. 

Gas is sending readings okay. 

Userlevel 3

All

Ran this check and it says meter is working okay and supplier should be getting Smart reads 

https://smartmetercheck.citizensadvice.org.uk/meters/new?fuel_type=electricity

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

All

Ran this check and it says meter is working okay and supplier should be getting Smart reads 

https://smartmetercheck.citizensadvice.org.uk/meters/new?fuel_type=electricity

Am not surprised given Hugo can see some data. The tool checks your meter is on the DCC so the 3rd party apps will work. 

The Hugo and other 3rd parties can only see a subset of data that energy suppliers can see. None the less your meters are definitely transmitting at least some data that Hugo can see fine

You could try this other 3rd party app. It should be fine just like Hugo. Be a good test. 

https://glowmarkt.com/bright

I do wonder if ovo somehow is still not looking at the meter correctly as @BPLightlog suggested as well. You highlighted the issue they thought they had fixed. 

Userlevel 3

All

Does this bill data help? 
Why is there estimated and actual readings shown? I am consistent at sending in manual reads whilst meter not working correctly.

Page is from the Portal view not the app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

All

Why is there estimated and actual readings shown? I am consistent at sending in manual reads whilst meter not working correctly.

Look at the same dates on this page. Un tick hide estimates

https://account.ovoenergy.com/meter-readings/history/electricity

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I do still think there is a disconnect between your meter and OVO in that the records they use to look at the data is wrong somehow. 
Hugo, Bright, Loop and others all use the same data source so if Hugo sees it, so should the others. 

Even with readings sent in, from time to time they do still offer estimations for some reason

Userlevel 3

All

Look at the same dates on this page. Un tick hide estimates

https://account.ovoenergy.com/meter-readings/history/electricity

If it showing estimated doesn’t that mean there is some communication taking place?