Solved

Can I get a replacement for my broken smart meter In-Home Display (IHD)?

Show first post

56 replies

Hello all,

My dad’s OVO smartmeter has stopped working, it was on it’s way out January and I spoke to OVO via the chat feature and they informed me they’d send him one out, however one didn’t arrive.

He doesn’t do technology so he really can’t come to this website to organise a new one and he gets flustered on a phone.  Is there anyway I can organsie a new one to be delivered to his home, with the least fuss possible for him?  I was hoping to email OVO however I can’t find a customer service email anywhere on this website.  

Thank you for any help you can give me here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Villordsutch , presumably you are thinking of the in home display (IHD) rather than the smart meter. 
You could try the chat facility if that might help. Depending on his smart meter type, that might help get one organised. 
Webchat  -https://help.ovoenergy.com/#contact_us_container

Hi, My gas & electric meters were changed yesterday for smart models. Engineer did a great job and all appears well. He also provided a Trio II Accessible IHD which was plugged in & working when he left. I subsequently unplugged it for a short while to go elsewhere in the house. The screen turned off after after a short while which I would expect it to do. Problem is I cannot get the device to turn back on. I have connected it back to the mains overnight but still the screen is blank & I cannot turn it on. There is no on/off button so I assume the display should show when any button is pressed. Anyway, I have now unplugged it to try to drain the battery thinking the device might have got itself locked into some sort of ‘loop’. I have tried the reset detailed in the manual but that did not help. Hard to believe its developed a fault this soon. Any thoughts anyone might have on how I can turn this on or if I need to contact OVO for a replacement much appreciated Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey @Andy85 ,

Oops… That’s… Not good…

Could you let the Support Team know? You qualify for a free warranty replacement by the sounds of things. Please let them know you need an AIHD rather than the regular types. They’ll sort one out for you.

Live Chat is best, via https://help.ovoenergy.com . Feel free to link to this thread, as it’ll save you typing this out again.

Hi @Blastoise186 

Thanks for your reply. Will follow up with Support Team as suggested. I do not particularly need a AIHD. Its just what the engineer provided. Will let them know.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

No worries, that’s cool too. In that case, you can also ask for just a regular IHD. I generally prefer to recommend getting the AIHD only if you need one. :)