Solved

How do I take a meter reading on a British Gas Smart Meter to give them to OVO?

• 2 October 2017
  • 7 replies

i have read your comments about british gas smart meters. my question is how do I get my readings off them to give to you.
icon

Best answer by Charlieapps1 3 October 2017, 22:17

Use this - did exactly what you need to yesterday.
http://www.britishgas.co.uk/help-and-advice/Meters-meter-readings/Smart-Meters/getting-and-using-smart-meters/How-do-I-take-a-reading-from-my-gas-and-electric-smart-meters.html

Updated on 12/07/2019
View original

7 replies

we are changing to ovo.we have british gas smart meters.i have read the posts here but none tell me how to read the meters so I can send you my readings .please help
Use this - did exactly what you need to yesterday.
http://www.britishgas.co.uk/help-and-advice/Meters-meter-readings/Smart-Meters/getting-and-using-smart-meters/How-do-I-take-a-reading-from-my-gas-and-electric-smart-meters.html

Updated on 12/07/2019
Hi, I'm a new OVO customer as of last week. I tried to send my meter readings to you, but my smart meter (fitted by my previous supplier British Gas) has stopped working. It display's 'trying to connect to meters'. I was able to get my electricity meter reading from the meter, but when I checked my gas meter, it was blank. The gas supply is working. Is this something you (OVO) can help with?
p.s. I have sent a separate request/email via your site.
Wish to supply you with my readings to enable you to transfer from British Gas
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi, I'm a new OVO customer as of last week. I tried to send my meter readings to you, but my smart meter (fitted by my previous supplier British Gas) has stopped working. It display's 'trying to connect to meters'. I was able to get my electricity meter reading from the meter, but when I checked my gas meter, it was blank. The gas supply is working. Is this something you (OVO) can help with?
p.s. I have sent a separate request/email via your site.

Check out @Charlieapps1's link on how to do this, @jeffmaddin

Likewise @Barry Woodman

Tim
Hello I have read the instructions but I do not have a red button, just a Green one with a capaital A underneath it. I scroll thourh but can only get my electric reading, how do I get my gas, this is from the unit thing they put in under our stairs, the physical smart meter doesn't work at all now.

Can you advise how to get a gas reading, failing that I would like someone to come out and take my readings.

Any help appreciated.

TY

Ellejay
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Check out the 'Best answer' (at the top) to view the guide on how to read your BG smart meter manually @eLLEjAY25

If this doesn't help, post a picture of the meter here and someone will advise :$

Tim