Skip to main content

Power Move is now live in the OVO app/Beyond. If you already have consented to HHR before, when you go back to the home screen after providing consent you should see the Power Move tab again with "Join Now", if you click on this, you'll be able to complete sign up. If this is your first time providing consent, you will be emailed once the meter settings have been updated. Please note, you will need to have the most recent updated version of the app, if you're on an older version you may not be able to see Power Move so please make sure you update your app to the new version.

Hi everyone,

Throughout 2024 so far customers have saved over £1.3 million by shifting their energy and making greener choices with Power Move.

Ahead of the next challenge starting October 1, we have a few changes we wanted to let you know about.

Power Move will now be exclusive to Beyond. 

If you want to take part in the next, and future Power Move challenges, you'll need to join each challenge when it opens in Beyond. Beyond is our free Energy Savings Account - you can read more about Beyond here.

To unlock Beyond, you’ll need to download the OVO app, have a smart meter and pay by Direct Debit. 

You won’t be able to opt in or see the new challenge details in the Power Move section on your online account. 

We also won’t be auto-enrolling current Power Move customers onto the new challenge, but will be contacting customers when the new challenge is available to opt in.

Changes to eligibility 

To take part you will need to have a single-rate meter, pay by Direct Debit, and have a smart meter. Multi-rate meters, like those used for Economy 7 or Economy 10, can’t be used for Power Move from October 1.

We're looking at how we can include more customers in the future.

Updates via the OVO app

You’ll soon be able to see your progress through the app. When the new challenge is live, sign in to your account and select 'Power Move' on the home screen.

Don’t have the OVO app? Download it from the App Store or Google Play Store.

New tiers and rewards

We’ve made the monthly peak usage targets easier for the next challenge, and increased the rewards. Peak times for this challenge will be 4pm-7pm and the rewards are:

• 12.00% to 10.01% = £3
  • 10.00% to 8.01% = £6
  • 8.00% or less = £12

Thanks

The OVO team

Went to load OVO Energy only to be told I already had it but it says OVO Beyond at the top. Do I have OVO Energy or OVO Beyond installed then?

I now have the ‘OVO Energy’ app installed on my phone and the Homepage looks like this:

@Fi1976 Do you have the OVO Beyond app? The sign up will be on there. The OVO Beyond app was rolled out (or made available) to everybody and as far as I know it is the only way you can join the next PM but if you only have a computer/laptop then it isn't available on the OVO web page if I recall correctly.

I'll need to invoke the fount of all knowledge that is @Blastoise186 and ask if an invite via Email was also a route in to next month's PM. Cheers buddy.

Peter

Hi, yes when I login it says ovo beyond on my account at top but no option to sign up.

Quite from information sent says

"

You won’t be able to opt in or see the new challenge details in the Power Move section on your online account. 

We also won’t be auto-enrolling current Power Move customers onto the new challenge, but will be contacting customers when the new challenge is available to opt in."

Just finding all different info a tad confusing tbh....thought that is not hard for me.

Thanks for trying to help.  

We're you able to opt in for the autumn challenge on Beyond if you don't mind me asking?

As an E7 customer I enrolled for the September challenge but then I got an email to say I wasn't eligible for October so game over for me for the time being. It's also why I can't give a definitive answer for signing up on the app so I called out for advice from other volunteers.

Peter

Just to confirm for those asking the signups for the Winter challenge will open on Monday. You’ll need to have the OVO app installed as that’s where you’ll find all the latest Beyond information in one app. 

Hello all,

I just wanted to put a little clarification in this thread about how you’ll see the Beyond offer when logging into the OVO app.

All customers should be using the OVO app, but depending on your account set up, determines whether you’ll see the Beyond update. 

So, in order to be eligible for the Beyond app upgrade, you just need to have a functioning smart meter and active Direct Debit.

You can see this clarified in our Beyond content piece here: 

Hope you’re all doing well and happy Friday!

Just to confirm for those asking the signups for the Winter challenge will open on Monday. You’ll need to have the OVO app installed as that’s where you’ll find all the latest Beyond information in one app. 

Why did I learn about this here ???  Shouldn't IF I notified it's customers through an e-mail ???  Sorely disappointed !!! 😢😢😢🤔🤔🤔😤😤😤😡😡😡

@Mike Hansen if you spent a bit less time splurging on the emoji spam and a bit more time reading the thread, you’d know that OVO does plan to email everyone about this - we predict the emails will start going out in the morning.

Emails have already been going out to notify those who can’t take part due to multi-rate setups. I’d personally argue those were probably more important and needed to be pushed out first though - and there is only a finite amount of capacity as to how many emails can be sent out at once so OVO does have to play a careful balancing act.

The OVO Forum is just an additional channel with which to broadcast this stuff - it will never be used to replace email for anything critical. It just so happens that the Forum is also a very powerful two-way channel which (unlike most other options) allows you to reply back to it in order to share thoughts and get advice on whatever just got released.

We also have connections with almost all of OVO’s internal teams - they too routinely monitor the Forum and I’m in no doubt the Power Move team will be watching closely this week.

All you had to say was that the emails would be going out in the morning !!!  Didn't need the other dribble as it interferes with my slugging of emoji whatever it was you said I supposedly do !

It’s worth remembering that unless I say otherwise, my comments and answers are aimed at the wider community, not just the user who I might appear to be replying to. For that reason and others, I tend to include additional detail and context because it covers more bases. Ultimately, it’s just a part of who I am and how I do things. Please  also bear in mind that some Forum members - such as myself - may have hidden disabilities like Autism that can have an influence on how they do things here. In my case, Autism is at the very core of how I run the show and my entire life and it’s a known trait that I tend to go into great detail. It’s not something I can change as it’s baked into the very fabric of my DNA.

Thread Ownership is not supported/recognised on the OVO Forum - all questions are owned by the community as a whole so it makes sense that all answers are written for the benefit of the wider community as well.

Hey @Mike Hansen,

As the team were just putting the final touches to the changes before they go live no emails have been sent yet to avoid any confusion. If everything goes to plan once it’s live then they’ll start emailing everyone who already has Beyond to let them know. If we hear anything more i’Il let you know.

Hi Everyone,

I’m a bit confused as to how I sign up for the next Power Move starting 1st Oct, given that the email I received states I won’t automatically be enrolled just from doing it before.

As far as I can see I am eligible, ie, I fulfil the 3 criteria specified but when I downloaded the OVO Beyond app (which I recently uninstalled as it wasn’t showing me any extra info than on the ordinary OVO app) I was just told to go to aforementioned ‘ordinary’ app where I can’t see any way of signing up for the next Power Move.

Am I missing something? Would appreciate any help/answers before midnight tonight!

Thank you,

Jasmin

@Jasmin10 you should see it show up in the main app in the next few days. Hang in there for a bit longer!

@Jasmin10 and everybody else here:

The sign/register in for the Power Move winter challenge is now open in the OVO Energy app - I’ve just joined.

Note that it is the standard ‘OVO Energy’ app that you need and not the old ‘OVO Beyond’ app. (The old Beyond app is now obsolete but hasn’t been removed from the Playstore yet - blame Google).

Yup! I got it too - just enabled it.

Rather surprisingly I was able to sign up despite @Chris_OVO's original post indicating that I wouldn't qualify 🤷🏼‍♂️

@Jasmin10 you should see it show up in the main app in the next few days. Hang in there for a bit longer!

Thanks Blastoise, I was clearly being impatient, didn’t want to miss out! Have successfully signed up now.

P.S. I appreciate the detail you go in to, you explain things well ;)

I’m not at all confident …

I wonder what they’re doing to my poor meter?

@Firedog My guess us they are setting you to half hour readings which is what they need for the PM calculation but as you had that before maybe it's a generic message they send everybody. Dunno.

“Pending” does look a bit ominous doesn't it?

Let's try some optimism:

Maybe they are just a bit swamped with application for the new winter PM only opening about 12 hours before the start?

And with the October cap rise I expect that the server is getting overloaded with late tariff fixers and those sending in meter readings to make sure they are up to date before the change.

On top of that, even my server hamster farm is working overtime today trying to keep up!

Anyone got more sunflower seeds?

That's  where you are going wrong.

Peanut butter, rodents love it* and it's full of energy.

*(Best moustrap bait ever)

Yup! I got it too - just enabled it.

I had to call OVO to be put on (registered) the Winter one !!!  I just couldn't figure out how to do it through the app. !!!!!

Hey @Mike Hansen,

As the team were just putting the final touches to the changes before they go live no emails have been sent yet to avoid any confusion. If everything goes to plan once it’s live then they’ll start emailing everyone who already has Beyond to let them know. If we hear anything more i’Il let you know.

Thanks !!!!  Much appreciated !!!

Power Move is now live in the OVO app/Beyond. If you already have consented to HHR before, when you go back to the home screen after providing consent you should see the Power Move tab again with "Join Now", if you click on this, you'll be able to complete sign up. If this is your first time providing consent, you will be emailed once the meter settings have been updated. Please note, you will need to have the most recent updated version of the app, if you're on an older version you may not be able to see Power Move so please make sure you update your app to the new version.

Hi everyone,

Throughout 2024 so far customers have saved over £1.3 million by shifting their energy and making greener choices with Power Move.

Ahead of the next challenge starting October 1, we have a few changes we wanted to let you know about.

Power Move will now be exclusive to Beyond. 

If you want to take part in the next, and future Power Move challenges, you'll need to join each challenge when it opens in Beyond. Beyond is our free Energy Savings Account - you can read more about Beyond here.

To unlock Beyond, you’ll need to download the OVO app, have a smart meter and pay by Direct Debit. 

We also won’t be auto-enrolling current Power Move customers onto the new challenge, but will be contacting customers when the new challenge is available to opt in.

Changes to eligibility 

To take part you will need to have a single-rate meter, pay by Direct Debit, and have a smart meter. Multi-rate meters, like those used for Economy 7 or Economy 10, can’t be used for Power Move from October 1.

We're looking at how we can include more customers in the future.

Updates via the OVO app

You’ll soon be able to see your progress through the app. When the new challenge is live, sign in to your account and select 'Power Move' on the home screen.

Don’t have the OVO app? Download it from the App Store or Google Play Store.

New tiers and rewards

We’ve made the monthly peak usage targets easier for the next challenge, and increased the rewards. Peak times for this challenge will be 4pm-7pm and the rewards are:

• 12.00% to 10.01% = £3
  • 10.00% to 8.01% = £6
  • 8.00% or less = £12

Thanks

The OVO team

Thanks for the info !!!  Much appreciated !!!!   Mike 😎

“Pending” does look a bit ominous doesn't it?

Not really. There are two so far insurmountable hurdles to my participation:

• my meter is recorded as Economy 7, which we know is a no-no, no?
  • There’s a fault that affects some customers, including me. It arose in May because one of the eligibility checks was returning the wrong response. For the first few months, it was notSmartMeter. That changed a few days ago to InvalidMeterReadFrequency. They’re both incorrect, of course.

We’ll see.