Skip to main content

IMPORTANT: You’ll need to have a free forum account set up to enter.

Last month's competition ended with @AngelaE  winning access to 2 free tickets to Jeff Wayne’s The War of the Worlds at the OVO Hydro Glasgow!

For this spooky season, we're offering the chance to win 2 free tickets to an event of your choice at one of our venues with OVO Live. You'll have the opportunity to experience an unforgettable night of entertainment at either OVO Arena Wembley or the OVO Hydro Glasgow.

How to enter

Go to our OVO Live link here and enter your details for a chance to win. You’ll need to use the name and email address associated with your OVO Forum account.

IMPORTANT: You’ll need to have a free forum account set up to enter.

The competition will run until October 31st at 11:59 pm, and a winner will be picked at random. The winner will be announced on the OVO Forum at the beginning of November and will be contacted by email. You can pick the event of your choice over the next 12 months, and then we’ll work out the rest.

Want to know more about our venues and OVO Live?

Our resident moderator @Abby_OVO posted a fantastic article giving you all the information that you need. Find out more here.

By signing up to OVO Live here, you get access to: 

• Pre-sale** and exclusive tickets
  • VIP entry**, seats and lounges
  • Exclusive competitions and offers

It’s our way of saying thank you for joining us on the Path to Zero.

Visit the OVO Live website to find out what's happening at our partner venues. We'd love to hear from you - leave a comment about your favourite event at our venues

Remember to keep coming back each month for more chances to win

We’re planning monthly competitions through the OVO Forum, which will give our members a chance to win some of the hottest tickets in town. Make sure to remember to come back each month so you don’t miss out!

** at select venues

Maybe instead of giving money to super rich venue owners and super rich performers... give all those multimillions to your customers as reduced prices (We know your shareholders need their billions to afford their heating bills etc) but its insulting saying you want to 'give back', we are only profits for you and your shareholders.

@garysimpson profits margins for energy suppliers are actually razor thin. There just isn’t the option to lower prices unless the upstream wholesale market prices go down - and this is regardless of shareholders or marketing/sponsorship stuff. It’s the generators making mega profits, not suppliers!

Probably also worth mentioning that these performers are supported by their fans - no fans = no income for them either. It’s a necessary evil for all parties involved to get these deals in order to keep going.

And besides, profit is how a business keeps going - if you never make a profit, you’ll eventually crash and burn. Let’s just say too many energy suppliers have already found  that out the hard way...

And it’s irrelevant anyway, the purpose of this particular giveaway is intended for members of the OVO Forum as a whole - you don’t even have to be an OVO Customer to enter this one. As it so happens, the OVO Forum is literally the least profitable part of OVO to ever exist - it costs over £100,000 a year to run just in staff salaries for the Forum Moderators, yet brings in precisely 0p a year of revenue for the business. With no way to financially support the business, the Forum has to prove it’s worthy of staying via other means.

And those other means are the power of the community that’s built up here - it’s one of the most powerful UK Forums of its type for a reason.

There is also no cost to you to enter this giveaway - you’ll only incur travel costs (and maybe food/drink/hotel) if you win, but that’s about it.

Not everything has to be about money!

I currently hold a total of zero shares in any company. I once held something like 48 share options (might have been 24 though) in my old employer. I no longer hold them because I converted them to shares and cashed them in by selling them a couple of years later. That employer has nothing to do with the energy industry and it was the only time I’ve ever played with the stocks and shares market.

Looks like I sold them at just the right time too - Capital Gains Tax personal exemption allowances (basically what you can get from Capital Gains on a tax-free basis) have been absolutely hammered away to almost nothing since then.

I have no plans to play again.

For your information, if I did have shares in OVO, legally speaking I’d have to disclose that in literally every single comment I post on the Forum. The fact I don’t should be a clue I have none.

Now, if you don’t mind, I’d rather leave this thread focused on what it was intended for.