Solved

Password reset error - how do I log in on the new online system?

Show first post

58 replies

HI, 

• Have you logged into the online account before without issue? -1st time trying to create an account
  • What browser are you using to log in? - both Google Chrome and Edge
  • Are you recently migrated from SSE? Yes I am
  • Have you tried logging in via the App? No I dont use Apps as I find them to insecure

Many thanks

Allison

Hi @Emmanuelle_OVO 

Thank you for your response.

This issue have been resolved by using the OVO app. I used the forgot the password function to receive an email to reset and worked. However, for some reason, it doesnt work on the web browser.

• Have you logged into the online account before without issue? This is my first time trying to create an account as I was migrated from SSE.
  • What browser are you using to log in? I attempted to login using Firefox, Chrome, Edge, as well as using Safari on MacBook, phone. All these were attempted using WiFi and my own 4G network, but non of it worked.
  • Are you recently migrated from SSE? Yes I am
  • Have you tried logging in via the App? It works if I use the App, but not the web browser.

Summary:

The app seems to work fine, but the browser seems to have an issue.

Thank you again.

HI  @Emmanuelle_OVO 

Is there any update as yet on a fix for the online issues I am encountering?.

Many thanks

Allison

Userlevel 7

Hey @allisonf,

Sorry you’re still having issues,

Other customers seem to have fixed the issue by setting up a password via the app.

I’d advise in your instance to contact Support, they can advise if your account is fully migrated. If so, they may need to raise this to our tech team.

I’ve also just been moved over from SSE and had this problem, with email in Outlook, trying to set up on the web (don’t want app).

I fixed it when I noticed a line in the top of the email saying “Email not displying correctly? View in browser”. I clicked and it opend a web page with the same information but a different shaped clicky button. This time I was able to right click the button and choose “copy link”, paste into browser and it worked. PP seems to be correct that the original clicky button leaves something essential out of the link.

What a waste of time, and a stupid little bug to have not fixed after all this time. Not a great introduction to OVO.

Same issue, coming from SSE, except nothing solves it for me! Not using another browser, device, not using the app either. Contacted Ovo support, and as expected they’ve been totally incompetent: first letting me know than I am an idiot who doesnt know who to click a link, then telling me they can’t do anything - just have to be patient. But this has been like that FOR MONTHS!!!

I had exactly the same problem and wasted a good hour trying to sort this out. I did as someone suggested way back: using chrome, on a laptop, I opened outlook in the browser, rather than clicking the usual icon on taskbar. This finally let me set a new password.

Delighted to say, I have now managed to leave Ovo and am in the process of switching. Edf offer me a much better rate and I got to speak to a human on the phone after less than 5 minutes :)  My online account is set up with them without any of this Ovo nonsense. I never wanted to be with Ovo so switched as soon as I could get into my account to look at payment details and check usage. 

No more Ovo for me :) :)

Userlevel 7

Hey @ovo_victim,

Really sorry to hear this,

I’ll ask Forum_Suport to reach out, please keep an eye on your private messages.