Solved

My Economy 7 meter has stopped clocking usage on one of my registers - what should I do?

Show first post

34 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Mart did you have Economy 7 previously or is this new? What sort of meter do you have as these differ sometimes?

Aclara smets2 fitted Monday. Always been on economy 7.   Just called ovo and didn’t get anywhere the guy said we don’t do economy 7 smart meters  !!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Aclara smets2 fitted Monday. Always been on economy 7.   Just called ovo and didn’t get anywhere the guy said we don’t do economy 7 smart meters  !!!

They do but it might need to be set up right. I can’t get E7 as I’ve not had it at this property and their billing system can’t cope but I’ve seen others with E7 and smart meters here. Does you plan give E7 rates?

Yes plan is peak/ off peak rates but new meter only set for single rate 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes plan is peak/ off peak rates but new meter only set for single rate 

Is it a 5 terminal meter or a standard 4? Also do you have storage heaters or are you just wanting to power other appliances overnight?

It’s a 5 and yes I have storage heaters. Hopefully a case has been opened now 🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It’s a 5 and yes I have storage heaters. Hopefully a case has been opened now 🤞

Ok that sounds hopeful. As long as the second rate register increments for the off peak that should be enough to reset things. The 5th terminal is normally used to supply the E7 rate

smart smet1 stopped readings 13 days ago on both gas and electric , am disabled and can’t take readings and the online meter reading section now asks for on peak and off peak? 

it has always been one reading in the past and both worked for 4 years 

Userlevel 6

Hey @markjeast 

Sorry to hear about the trouble you’re having with your meter readings.

We don’t have access to accounts here at the Forum, so you’ll need to contact the Support Team to take a look into this and see why this has changed. They’ll be able to fix any issues that may have occurred.

They’ll likely want to run a health check on the smart meters, I’ve linked below to our first generation (smets 1) smart meter health check page if you want to get ahead before contacting them:

Here is the form so you can submit your answers directly to the team to assess.