Solved

How do I find out my OVO account number?

• 22 November 2018
  • 34 replies

Show first post

34 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I am trying to find my account number to apply for a warm home discount.  I was awarded it last year. However SSE has changed to OVO, and cards came even though my new cards had the same account number as old cards.  Totally confusing. When I put my account number in online form, it's saying the company does NOT supply me..?  Have years worth of payment as recent as today shown on my app.

Can anyone please advise.

TIA 👍 

Hi @Elizabeth Anne Simpson , I’m presuming that you might be in Scotland as in England, there is no need to apply as the DWP authorise payment automatically. 
When was your supply switched? As this determines who is responsible for payment. 
https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/environmental-and-social-schemes/warm-home-discount-whd/eligibility

Hi, yeah I was a SSE customer, this changed over about 4 months ago to OVO. I am in Scotland and qualified last year, through application to SSE last winter. Then was automatically put on my electric smart meter. 

I tried applying online,  but they didn't recognise my account number. Strange as the new card account numbers as I said are exact same as old cards. Thanks for your reply and help.im gonna try your link, appreciated 👍 

Userlevel 6

Hey @Elizabeth Anne Simpson 

Sorry to hear about the issues you’re having. 

You should be able to find your account number on your OVO welcome letter or any bills you’ve had from us. If you don’t have the letter or can’t find the number, you can contact the Support Team who’ll be able to give you the account number.

You can find out more about the Warm Home Discount process here:

Our application form can be found here: https://api.warm-home-discount.ovotech.org.uk/form

Hopefully this helps.

Ofgem must be extremely busy with Ovo customers ….after 14 months have still not been able to get and view my account because you just get passed from one department to another trying to get an issue sorted 

Userlevel 7

Hey @Jfbowe,

I’m so sorry to hear this, and apologize you haven’t had a response yet. 

Can you explain a bit more about your issue and we can offer you some advice?

Have you been with OVO long? Are you referring to your online account? Have you switched from another supplier?

Retook  possession of a property from a tenant a year ago ,informed Ovo with readings but have been unable to obtain details of this account (I have another property with Ovo) either directly from Ovo or the using the app. Have had various conversations but none successful to give a definite answer of how the account is progressing or how to view the account!

Userlevel 7

Hey @Jfbowe,

Sorry for the issues you’re having, 

The following advice taken from our Help Centre may be useful:

How to find out if OVO already supplies your new home

Not yet 100% sure who already supplies gas and/or electricity to your new home? First of all, check out our guide to finding your energy supplier, to help you figure it out. 

You can also find out who’s supplying your electricity by calling your local Meter Point Administration Service. To find out who supplies your gas, contact the Meter Number Helpline on 0870 608 1524. 

Once you’ve done that, and found out that OVO supplies your new home, here are the next steps:

Get set up with OVO in your new home

So you’ve learned that your new home’s already supplied by OVO – good news! We can get your account set up right away. There are just a few things we’ll need to know first – including: 

• The full address and postcode of your new home

• The date you moved in

• Your full name

• Your date of birth

• Your phone number (either mobile or landline)

• Your email address

• Your Direct Debit details

• The meter readings from when you moved in (if possible)

You can get set up using our online form. Just have the above details to hand. You can also call OVO on 0330 303-5063.

Let us know if the form works, if not, I’d advise calling. If they aren’t able to explain or resolve the issues with you setting up an account there is always the option to raise a complaint

Being doing all this for the last fourteen months 🤦‍♂️

Userlevel 7

Sorry to hear this @Jfbowe, I’ll get Forum_Support to reach out. Please keep an eye on your private messages.