Solved

Feed in Tariff (FIT) or Smart Export Guarantee (SEG) payments - who to contact if I have a query?

Show first post

95 replies

Userlevel 2

Useless aren’t they!  Full of promises.  I didn’t get a reply from Raman’s team either…  The cynical among us might think Ovo are deliberately being useless so they don’t have to process FIT payments….

I’m just waiting for my final FIT payment from Ovo then I’ll be with Octopus for FITs.  I haven’t received a statement yet and with the end of February being when I’d expect to be paid, I’m not holding my breath..!

Stick with it @PeterCamb !

Thank you for your help.

I have raised the dispute with the Ombudsman.

Any idea how long I will have to wait?

Userlevel 2

Yeay!  Time for some progress!

Looking back…

07/12 - logged issue

11/12 - call from EO complaint handler

14/12 - Ovo uploaded their evidence and proposed solution

04/01 - EO called and uploaded their proposed resolution

15/01 - Ovo uploaded their response and credited my bank

16/01 - £150 goodwill cheque from Ovo arrived in the post ! 😁😁😁

So probably a few days for the EO to phone you… 👍

Userlevel 2

Incredibly, the Ombudsman complaint handler has called already, explained the process, and accepted the case!

Userlevel 2

Wow, that was quick!  Ovo, surprisingly, didn’t drag things out to the limit with mine.   Hopefully yours will be the same.

Either way I might just frame this and put it on the wall..!

Hey @PeterCamb,

I’m really sorry you’re struggling to get through to the FIT team, 

Are you pressing ‘4’ on the IVR? 

Can you explain more about your query? I’ll see if there’s any general advice I can offer. 

When I dial 0330 303 5063, there is no option 4. Only 1 or 2. What am I doing wrong?

Userlevel 2

From memory you have to wait for the first set of options to be read out and ignore them.  Then it asks you a second set - then you can chose the option for the FiT team…

From memory you have to wait for the first set of options to be read out and ignore them.  Then it asks you a second set - then you can chose the option for the FiT team…

I tried that, but now it wants my account number (I can’t trace ever having been given an Ovo account number.)

Userlevel 2

I ignored that bit too!  I think it’s only gas/leccy customers who have an account number...

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Just press # at that prompt and it’ll skip

I ignored that bit too!  I think it’s only gas/leccy customers who have an account number...

Well stone me! (as Tony Hancock used to say - showing my age there). I ignored the account number prompt as well and was offered a menu with Option 4 Fits, and (roll on the drums) the phone was answered immediately!

The agent had to refer the case to the back office payments department (surprise, surpise), but she gave me a case number and said I should get a response in 2 business days. I won’t hold my breath.

Userlevel 2

Wow, you’re getting the VIP treatment!  I had to call several times and escalate to a manager before my issue was passed to the “back office”.

Then it was loads of chase calls and a complaint and eight weeks wait to be able to escalate to the Ombudsman before anything happened…!

Badge +1

Hi All, I’m looking to move to OVO to benefit from the Vaillant heat pump deal, but already have solar panels and I’m not clear on the export tariff that applies.

Can anyone confirm if I would receive 4p/kWh or 15p/kWh?

Cheers all

Pete

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @PeatF , I’m fairly sure that the higher solar rates with OVO are only if you have solar installed by them. See footnotes
You can use any authorised supplier for a SEG/FIT account which doesn’t have to be linked to your energy supply account

Userlevel 7

I’m so pleased to hear you finally had some success @elljay! Sorry it’s been such a long, frustrating process for you.

Have you had your response yet @bxcfilm?

Userlevel 7

Hey @PeatF,

Welcome to the OVO Online Community,

I can see BPLighlog has already given some helpful advice here. Just wanted to add the following topic:

I’ve added heat pump and solar badges to your account so that other green tech enthusiasts can identify you 😊

Badge +1

Thanks @BPLightlog I can see the note and suspect you are correct but would like someone from OVO ideally to confirm for sure. 

This is the footnote and it’s referring to a special rate if buying batteries and solar from OVO.

@Emmanuelle_OVO I’m just asking for confirmation if OVO can give me 15p / kWh when I move to their supply with existing solar setup. 

Cheers 

Pete 

3 If you buy solar panels and a battery from us, and OVO supply your energy, you'll be eligible for our anytime SEG rate of 20p per kWh rate (correct at 1 January 2024). You'll need to sign up to our SEG tariff to get this rate. This SEG rate is exclusive to customers who get solar panels and battery from OVO. You’ll also need a smart meter.

Userlevel 7

Hey @PeatF,

Hi @PeatF , I’m fairly sure that the higher solar rates with OVO are only if you have solar installed by them. See footnotes
You can use any authorised supplier for a SEG/FIT account which doesn’t have to be linked to your energy supply account

BPLightlog is correct here. You can find out more about our SEG for customers with existing solar panels in this topic:

I’m so pleased to hear you finally had some success @elljay! Sorry it’s been such a long, frustrating process for you.

Have you had your response yet @bxcfilm?

Nothing yet. What’s the next stage, I wonder?

Userlevel 3

Hi @bxcfilm

I’m sorry to hear this.

I’m going to have our Forum_Support team reach out to you so they can help you further with this. Look out for a private message here soon: https://forum.ovoenergy.com/inbox/overview.

Hi @bxcfilm

I’m going to have our Forum_Support team reach out to you so they can help you further with this. Look out for a private message here soon: https://forum.ovoenergy.com/inbox/overview.

Many thanks!