Solved

Feed in Tariff (FIT) or Smart Export Guarantee (SEG) payments - who to contact if I have a query?

Show first post

95 replies

Userlevel 6

Hey @PeterCamb 

Sorry to hear about this.

If you’re only with us for your feed in tariff (FiT) or smart export guarantee (SEG) account, you won’t have access to the OVO online account portal. You can get in touch with the right team via their contact email of either; fits@ovoenergy.com or seg@ovoenergy.com.

Alternatively, you can speak to our Team by calling 0330 303 5063 and selecting ‘4’ when the IVR instructs you to do so.

Userlevel 2

Thank you for your response @Abby_OVO 

As you can see if you read my original post, I have tried to contact the FiT team using email, phone, chat, and Whatsapp without success.

The lady on Whatsapp gave me another number to call 0330 102 7404, this had different hold music which made a nice change but similar messages about how jolly busy OVO is and I didn’t manage to get through to the FiT team.

I give up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Thank you for your response @Abby_OVO 

As you can see if you read my original post, I have tried to contact the FiT team using email, phone, chat, and Whatsapp without success.

The lady on Whatsapp gave me another number to call 0330 102 7404, this had different hold music which made a nice change but similar messages about how jolly busy OVO is and I didn’t manage to get through to the FiT team.

I give up.

Have you made any progress @PeterCamb 

Badge

I've given up. 9 months after solar panels fitted and despite submitting all the documents have never received SEG payments. Went down complaints route but never had a reply.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I've given up. 9 months after solar panels fitted and despite submitting all the documents have never received SEG payments. Went down complaints route but never had a reply.

If you’re still waiting why not follow up with the CEO team 

https://www.ovoenergy.com/feedback

How do I submit my SEG readings

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @NBones ,

You’ll get an email when they’re due, with a link to submit the readings. You can also call 0330 303 5063 to do it that way.

I have had my email which included a “submit your readings” link, but the link merely takes me to a page of adverts with no hints on just how submit the readings.  I have also tried the ovo chat line, but with no success, and phoned the number you give (03303035063) to hear an automated message “we are very busy at the moment”.  I put the phone down after waiting about half an hour, but ran out of patience. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

I have had my email which included a “submit your readings” link, but the link merely takes me to a page of adverts with no hints on just how submit the readings.  I have also tried the ovo chat line, but with no success, and phoned the number you give (03303035063) to hear an automated message “we are very busy at the moment”.  I put the phone down after waiting about half an hour, but ran out of patience. 

Can you post a screenshot of the page of adverts you mention?

The best thing is perseverance on 0330 303 5063 and selecting ‘4’ when the IVR instructs you to do so.

There is an email address but I suspect that wont be quick seg@ovoenergy.com

If you loose the will to live you could put in a complaint 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Did you get sorted in the end @FredE ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Ok, so I’m on an endless loop. SSE have been taken over by OVO and Ovo don’t know anything about the meter! I have to apply for it in my name but I have no paperwork as this is a council house! I’ve asked the council so waiting on them now! Meanwhile it’s costing me nearly £7/day to run air source pump @ 16* . Yesterday was a sunny day so that helped but I cannnot afford this if it’s not sorted soon. 🙁

surely it shouldn’t be this difficult,?

Did you get sorted in the end @annmalone28 

Badge

Still struggling with ovo. 2 hours on phone being passed from pillar to post and eventually gave up after being transferred to a call centre where I could hear everything but no one speaking to me! It’s a disgrace, and now they are saying I owe them money even though I’ve been on payg 😱😡😞

Userlevel 7

Hey @annmalone28,

I’m sorry to hear this,

I’ll ask Forum_Support to get in touch, please keep an eye on your private messages. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Still struggling with ovo. 2 hours on phone being passed from pillar to post and eventually gave up after being transferred to a call centre where I could hear everything but no one speaking to me! It’s a disgrace, and now they are saying I owe them money even though I’ve been on payg 😱😡😞

Keep a look out here for a message @annmalone28 

https://forum.ovoenergy.com/inbox/overview

I’ve been helping with our business’ transition from SSE to OVO with our FIT tariff and need help regarding our first payment. I’ve tried to contact OVO but so far had no response.

The business has a 50kw capacity solar array that has been installed since 2012. Our first quarterly read totalled 16786kWh of electricity generation, and from the latest FIT Tariff payment document we were expecting around £1000 minimum as payment. Unfortunately we only receieved £40, and we’re not sure if this is an underpayment or we have done our maths wrong.

We have tried to contact OVO but currently struggling to get a response, can anyone explain if this figure seems reasonable?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @murphyandson , that looks like it may have been calculated at the SEG rate rather than FIT. 

Despite numerous phone calls and promises of payments by certain dates I have not received any payment since OVO took over from SSE. Today i was told that the escalation of my query to a higher level than the basic call handler would be 45 yes 45 working days!! that is 9 weeks!! If this was me not paying OVO for 9 months i guess i would have a baliff at my door.

Userlevel 7

Hey @barberndes,

I’m sorry to hear this, 

Could it be that your account needs a read dispute? There is an industry timeframe for this process. There is more information on that topic here:

Apologies if not, if you’re able to explain more about your issue we might be able to provide some more specific advice. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Despite numerous phone calls and promises of payments by certain dates I have not received any payment since OVO took over from SSE. Today i was told that the escalation of my query to a higher level than the basic call handler would be 45 yes 45 working days!! that is 9 weeks!! If this was me not paying OVO for 9 months i guess i would have a baliff at my door.

Hi @barberndes 

You might as well put in a complaint if ovo have given that timeframe if you haven't already.

Then if it really does take over 8 weeks and you are still not happy you can go to the Energy Ombudsman.

https://www.energyombudsman.org/

Hi Both, thanks for your support on this, I’d not considered this so definitely a good area to look into.

I’m still a little confused as our submitted meter read was 16786, and as the meter was new since our last payment I estimated we were due to be paid for 16786kWh of generation. Under the SEG payments we’d be expecting £0.04 multiplied by the meter read, which works out at £671.44. Have I estimated this correct?

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

One of the reasons I mentioned SEG was the difference between your estimation and actual payments. 
If you know that you’re on SEG then you need to check (or ask) what previous reading is being used for calculation. This is usually provided on the statement together with the rate which is being applied. 
The linked topic above shows how to reach the support team. 
One other thing on your reading .. with any new meter (unless using a smart meter) you should check that you’re using the Net reading depending on how the system is wired

Userlevel 2

I was transferred from SSE to Ovo 2 years ago and customer services has been beyond terrible since the start.  Response times to telephone calls is glacial - even if you are dealing with higher level complaints stream.  Individual complaint handlers do not have access to the information you need (ie why a FiT payment has not been made) and have to wait just like we do for the higher ups to “investigate”.  Lets be honest, this is just a matter of interrogating their data bases - should take seconds - but somehow the complaints team seem to stretch this out into months every time.  This has happened to me every single quarter.  It really is a terrible service and my advice to anyone struggling with it is quit and transfer to another supplier at the earliest opportunity.  I’m only sticking with this because for me now it’s a matter of principle.  Firms like OVO should not be able to get away with treating their customers like this.   

I have an SEG contract with OVO which commenced in April 2022. I erroneously submitted two consecutive generation readings that summer rather than the required export readings. I emailed OVO to explain this, and received a generic reply about them being busy.

I didn’t submit any further readings until June 2023, by which time my export reading was well above the earlier incorrect generation readings submitted. Since then I have submitted correct export readings.

OVO made an adjustment on my statement, but have failed to pay me for the units exported. Subtracting the opening account reading from the export reading of 30.9.2023, the total export is 4750kWh, at 4p/kWh that should maen a total payment of £190. OVO have only paid £132.32.

I’ve opened a complaint which was later closed by OVO without contacting me. I’ve had several long converstions by phone, being passed betwenn the FIT/SEG section, complaints section, and a South African call center (where Gamba agreed that they owe me money) but no hint of how I move this forward to be reimbursed. I have a second ongoing complaint (#22080051), but have seen no progress towards resolution.

How do I resolve this, or do I escalate to the energy ombudsman?

I am really disappointed in the level of customer service OVO provides, so I hope this forum can restore my faith in OVO.

OK my SEG account transfered to OVO from SSE and todate no PAYMENT received from them keep giving readings when required they have bank details but complaint just not being ignored so getting my Solar excess  for FREE l know we only get 4pKWH but makes a mockery for signing up. OVO also got the migration of my Gas/Electric accounts badly wrong had to get MP involved looks like l will have to get him involed with this and Ofgem. Moving when fixed contract finishes.

Userlevel 7

Hey @JohnMildenhall,

Really sorry to hear this,

Unfortunately there’s no contact number for SEG, only Feed in Tariff. 

If you’ve emailed  seg@ovoenergy.com  and are frustrated with the lack of response.

There is the option to raise a complaint, there is more information about this on our website