Solved

Energy costs no longer showing on my app

Show first post

70 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

There’s been some issues with DCC recently, which might explain what’s happening.

OVO is aware and on the case

Thanks Emmanuelle for your help - my app is back to normal now showing kWh and £ usage - brilliant! 😊

Problem seems to have been solved  , app and website now showing usage in kwh and £,

Can now see how much I am spending correctly. 

Great 👍 

Is there an update on this 

I have been unable to see cost of electricity used and the amount of credit not adjusting since 14th March now 

Hi Adamjonuk

I updated my app , but it didn’t make any changes,

both app and website just seemed to show kwh and pounds all of a sudden after many attempts checking to see, so it seems it is there end and a waiting game,

sorry couldn;t  be more help. i know it is a nuisance and seems pointless if you can’t see what you are using, hopefully get sorted out soon, i waited three weeks for mine to sort itself,

Mark👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Is there an update on this 

I have been unable to see cost of electricity used and the amount of credit not adjusting since 14th March now 

Hi @Adamjonuk

Welcome to the customer forum

Sorry to hear that

I recommend you log you are having this issue with OVO Support if you haven't already. Then it can be passed on to the OVO IT team that your account is impacted in case they need to make any changes to your data. 

https://help.ovoenergy.com/#contact_us_container

I’m having the same issue-for over three weeks now I’ve been unable to see £ of my usage for both gas and electric which is very frustrating when I’m on a budget. I’ve done everything people have recommended in this group, contact Ovo who said they are aware of the problem but had no date for when it would be resolved. 

anyone else have any suggestions? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

I’m having the same issue-for over three weeks now I’ve been unable to see £ of my usage for both gas and electric which is very frustrating when I’m on a budget. I’ve done everything people have recommended in this group, contact Ovo who said they are aware of the problem but had no date for when it would be resolved. 

Hi @DogsandDocs

Welcome to the customer forum, i am just a customer like you. 

Sorry to hear you are also impacted. 

Try the website and app if you haven't already, but both are probably impacted. 

You have done the right thing logging the issue as it is account specific. 

Just a reminder for others, only the Month and Year tab have the toggle to see £, not the Day tab. You can't see £ on the day tab. Vote for this idea if you would like to see that changed

In the meantime you could use one of the OFGEM authorised and regulated 3rd party apps like Hugo that many of us use. The 3rd party apps access slightly different data to the Energy suppliers so there is the rare possibility of slight differences if your meter doesn't send all the 30min readings. 

https://hugoenergyapp.co.uk/

Thanks for your reply- I have used the website as well and having the same issue as well as many other people. It’s very frustrating given the current cost of living that I can see how much I’m spending-not good Ovo

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for your reply- I have used the website as well and having the same issue as well as many other people. It’s very frustrating given the current cost of living that I can see how much I’m spending-not good Ovo

Yes, most people I know are looking at their energy costs like never before. That third party app from Hugo is pretty good if you fancy a look. There are a few others too 

Hey @ChrisRyanUk,

We’ve had reports from other customers that the usage pages are now working- let us know if this is the case for you too.

With the direct debit calculator it’ll be worked out as your average consumption for the year if you are on a Variable Tariff or until the end of your contract if you are fixed, it also takes into account any credit balance you have on your account. If you have a large amount of credit you will have a lower direct debit suggestion. The following tutorials might be helpful to you:

I am still having issues with both app and online account not updating cost and online not showing kwh ( although smart meter reading are showing )

Any update  on if this is still a general issue or limited to a few accounts now 

Userlevel 7

Hey @Adamjonuk,

Sorry to hear this,

If you’re not seeing the kWh usage or the cost data, it sounds like there is a tech issue with your account. I’d advise contacting Support.

Keep us posted with how you get on. 

Why can’t I get costs on my OVO app any more. I can only get KWH ?

I am using IPhone 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Headers1 are you looking at the day page? Or Month? 

I’m looking at them all and there is no option to change from kWh to £ 

regards

Same online - unable to view cost 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Sounds like it would be best reporting to customer support as it’s likely to be an account specific issue

My ovo app and online account still isn't showing costs this has been going on for 3 weeks now. Phoned ovo numerous times and still can't resolve the problem.  Done everything they've suggested.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

My ovo app and online account still isn't showing costs this has been going on for 3 weeks now. Phoned ovo numerous times and still can't resolve the problem.  Done everything they've suggested.  

@Mat the issue has been going on for over a month now. It doesn’t impact every customer and looking at the various threads is usually fixed a few weeks after informing OVO. It appears the IT team have to fix each customer individually, although i could be mistaken obviously, i  haven't seen anything from OVO to refute that.

You could try putting in a complaint via email, if only to make sure it is prioritised as 3 weeks is quite long looking at other examples. 

https://www.ovoenergy.com/feedback

Am surprised OVO haven't sorted whatever is causing the ad hoc issue as they definitely are aware of it. 

Account not showing daily costs again, this ovo lot are useless, never had all this with sse.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Account not showing daily costs again, this ovo lot are useless, never had all this with sse.

Hi @Putty certainly frustrating.…

Have you logged the issue with your account with the OVO Support team again? As i understand it currently the IT team have to fix each occurrence when it is reported. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @Mat is yours working again yet? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hey @ChrisRyanUk,

We’ve had reports from other customers that the usage pages are now working- let us know if this is the case for you too.

With the direct debit calculator it’ll be worked out as your average consumption for the year if you are on a Variable Tariff or until the end of your contract if you are fixed, it also takes into account any credit balance you have on your account. If you have a large amount of credit you will have a lower direct debit suggestion. The following tutorials might be helpful to you:

I am still having issues with both app and online account not updating cost and online not showing kwh ( although smart meter reading are showing )

Any update  on if this is still a general issue or limited to a few accounts now 

Hi @Adamjonuk

Is yours working again now? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @DogsandDocs is yours working again now? 

Hey @ChrisRyanUk,

Hi @Adamjonuk

Is yours working again now? 

Hi 

was on phone to them yesterday to solve another issue and was told tech team are aware and looking for solution