Solved

Energy costs no longer showing on my app

Show first post

70 replies

Thanks for the update-mine is still not working been in contact with Ovo a few more times so hoping it gets fixed soon

Hi Adamjonuk

I updated my app , but it didn’t make any changes,

both app and website just seemed to show kwh and pounds all of a sudden after many attempts checking to see, so it seems it is there end and a waiting game,

sorry couldn;t  be more help. i know it is a nuisance and seems pointless if you can’t see what you are using, hopefully get sorted out soon, i waited three weeks for mine to sort itself,

Mark👍

Back to square one again, no usage in pounds again, I'm changing at next chance I get, hopeless 🙃. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi Adamjonuk

both app and website just seemed to show kwh and pounds all of a sudden after many attempts checking to see, so it seems it is there end and a waiting game,

sorry couldn;t  be more help. i know it is a nuisance and seems pointless if you can’t see what you are using, hopefully get sorted out soon, i waited three weeks for mine to sort itself,

Mark👍

Back to square one again, no usage in pounds again, I'm changing at next chance I get, hopeless 🙃. 

I would recommend logging the issue again and switching to use the Hugo app for now. 

https://hugoenergyapp.co.uk/

Certainly annoying there is no long term fix yet from ovo. 

Hi Adamjonuk

Mark👍

I would recommend logging the issue again and switching to use the Hugo app for now. 

https://hugoenergyapp.co.uk/

Certainly annoying there is no long term fix yet from ovo. 

HI, Great advice, have joined hugo,

If they can do it so well you would think ovo should be able to,

Thanks for help, Mark 👍 

My ovo app and online account still isn't showing costs this has been going on for 3 weeks now. Phoned ovo numerous times and still can't resolve the problem.  Done everything they've suggested.  

Hi @Mat is yours working again yet? 

Nope app or account still not showing costs. Never has this problem with SSE

Userlevel 7

Hey @Mat,

Really sorry to hear this,

While the Support Team are resolving the issues with your Online Account/App you can still check you usage on your statements and should still be benefiting from the live billing function. We have more about this topic in this handy FAQ:

There are a number of third party Apps that show usage data that might be helpful to you:

I hope your issue gets resolved soon. 

Once again the daily and account energy costs have disappeared  on line from my current monthly account and all my previous accounts. Why ? This is not the first time it has happened. When I renewed my account in March all was ok.  then disappeared. Again get the message “ Looks like we couldn’t find some of your usage data” which cannot be as both my meters are reading correctly. Any clues ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @Fireblade999

Welcome back to the forum, i am just a customer like you. 

This has been reported by a few customers this year. 

The advice from OVO was to log the issue with Support as it needs the IT team to fix each account. There is nothing a customer can do. OVO are aware of the issue. 

I could ask you a few questions about what is displayed on various pages, but there is little point. 

I can only see kWh usage. My SWALEC app showed me £ cost usage?? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi,

The app can show costs as well, but you need to use the Monthly or Yearly tabs for this. Daily doesn’t show it because the numbers are usually too small.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Actually on the app version, depending on which system your account is on, now shows cost on the day tab. Just not current day 

You can switch between fuels to see the time slots kWh usage or view a combined version like above

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I’ve also been able to verify it working using Dewott with App Version 16.5.3 and CodePush v408. It was running on DeX at the time, but the result is the same.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

What it doesn't show is the cost for each 30 min slot which is what quite a few  customers ask for on the forum each month. Although it never gets that much traction.

Interesting i have never looked. Does the Daily tab total add up the 30min slots or take the daily cost from the meter readings on the meter reading page? Be good to know as they definitely are often not the same for quite a few people. Many people have quite regular missed 30min data from time to time. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

:)

It’s not there yet. But it’s still an improvement overall.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

As far as I know, the half hour slots are really just for reference in my case pulling from the IHD. The daily cost is from readings which is possibly why it’s not easy to show half hour by cost (except on the IHD itself)

Is it me 🤷‍♀️ I can no longer view daily monthly cost in £ only kwh.

Is anyone else still having these issues, always used to see usage in £ and kw.

This has gone on for weeks now, how can OVO not be able to reinstate something that was previously available, it just seems crazy 🤦‍♀️

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Murphysmum is it the cost/kWh switch on the month page you’re looking at? It’s not normally there on the daily page

For months & months I was able to look at daily/monthly/yearly  costs in both £ & KWh both Gas & Electric.

I was able to track & compare my usage now it’s fairly pointless

I just don’t understand why it’s disappeared it makes no sense! it’s like someone has forgotten to flick a switch 🤷‍♀️

Userlevel 7

Hey @Murphysmum,

Sorry for the issues you’re having,

I’ll keep an eye out to see if there are any more reports of this on the Forum, it may be an account specific issue. We’ve had similar reports in the past:

The issues tend to get picked up by our tech team and resolved, but it may be worth reaching out to our support team incase it’s account specific.