Solved

Does OVO have a solar battery friendly tariff?

• 3 October 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

I have solar panels and a battery, and a smart meter. I don’t have an EV. I’m on a simpler energy tariff with OVO which costs 25.86p a kwh. I’ve seen tariffs elsewhere which offer a cheaper rate to allow me to recharge my battery for a few hours a night; and thereby maximise use of my battery, and increase my savings. Does OVO provide such a tariff? If not, then why not? Especially since they appear to offer such a tariff for ev owners. I’d rather stay with OVO but if there is a better deal elsewhere, then I’ll jump! 

icon

Best answer by Abby_OVO 4 October 2023, 09:51

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6

Updated on 21/02/24 by Emmanuelle_OVO:

We’re delighted to announce that we’re now offering solar to both OVO and non-OVO Energy customers.​:

Hi @solar mike 

Welcome to the Forum.

You can view all of our current tariffs here, https://www.ovoenergy.com/home-energy-plans. Our teams are always working on new things so it’s always worth checking back there again in future too.

As the energy industry has only started opening up again over the last few months following last years price increases, energy companies are offering different products, tariffs and benefits that suit different customers, so we understand there can be better plans out there to suit your lifestyle. We’d hope you’d stay with OVO, but if you choose to leave, you’re always welcome back.😊

I have solar panels and am considering a battery, so I am looking for a company that will sell cheaper electricity at night! I have a smart meter. 

Doesn’t look like OVO do this! I have contacted Octopus, who possibly do, however I’m not getting a straight answer … yet! I might be asking the wrong question! It’s a minefield out there! 
Lynne

Userlevel 7

Hey @solar mike,

Did you manage to find a tariff that suits your set up? Could you offer any advice to @Plc606?

I am a existing OVO customer and use anytime charge for my EV.

I have just had solar panels installed with batteries, so OVO have a tariff that will allow night time charging of my solar batteries?

Also what is the OVO SEG tariff (none OVO solar panel installation)

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @matthewv 

Only 4p for SEG unfortunately if ovo didn't install your solar.

And OVO don't have a tarrif for charging your battery. 

Have you looked to see if Octopus might have something to meet your overall need if you gave up ovo anytime? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi there, not sure if anyone replied to this old message. 

I have panels and battery and am on Octopus Flux tarrif meaning i can charge my battery and sometimes run the washing machine at night time 2am-5am. Using the cheap rate of energy in the battery to use during the day..

Take care