Pinned Solved

Ford EV charging no longer working with Charge Anytime - what's happened?

Show first post

90 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi there

I have now been able to reconnect my Ford via the OVO Charge Anytime App and all appears well at the moment.  Thank you all for trying hard to sort this out and keep us updated - more info than Ford provided !!. 

Just fingers crossed that it’s a permanent solution 👍👍🚗⚡️🔋

Userlevel 2
Badge

Not resolved. 
was able to log on but account has been suspended again. 

Userlevel 6

Hey @danh71 

Is this on the Charge Anytime app or the Ford app?

We’ve seen a few reports now of others being able to charge again via the Charge Anytime app; 

Keep us updated with how you’re getting on.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Yes. 
was able to charge last night but ford app wax disabled this morning. 
spoke to ford today who have said not resolved and couldn’t advise how long it will be to get resolved. 

My Ford pass been disabled tonight. They told me that the Ford pass terms and conditions advise you cannot connect to a 3rd Party app. When I asked why I have been able to for the last 6 months they had no response. They advised the only agreement they have for any energy company is Octopus. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Actually, they would have had an agreement with OVO as well. It’s a requirement for Charge Anytime support that the EV/Charger manufacturer is willing to play ball in the first place!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Well that didn't last long did it !!

FordPass account suspended again and Ford say it's all down to third party app permissions again - getting a bit tiresome now so can we have a solution please ??

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

It is still being worked on - that I can tell you.

I’ll try to get an update, but I can’t do that at weekends.

Userlevel 7

I’ve seen a few Community Members regained access, is there any update from you @Tommo56 or you @vickyjohn?

I’ll ask the team for an update. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I contacted Ford Pass (as advised in their rather snotty email ) and spoke to a really nice and very helpful agent who took all of the details and immediately referred me to their reconnection team.  24 hrs to get back into my account was quoted but it took less than 2 hrs.  All linked up with OVO Charge Anytime again and currently charging at EV discounted rate.  Just hope that OVO and FORD have got their act together this time or it’s time to consider moving on !!!!

Hi all,

Just been blocked by ford this evening! Had my Kuga for nearly a year now and now Ford have decided not to play ball! Didn't move to ovo for the cheap rates but sure as won't be charging my car anymore if its paying the full rate, would cost less to drive it on Petrol only 😬

Been using ovo anytime for 6 months, now locked out today… Disappointing, but hope it’s fixed promptly! 

Just a thought… is there a way the ovo could give us a special tariff while we wait for a fix?

For instance: Reduced rate electric between 23.00 - 05.00? 

That way we could program the car to charge between those times only (where possible), so at-least we would have some from of deal while they work on a long term fix?…

Just a thought..

Userlevel 7

Hey @CowboyJames,

I don’t think a temporary tariff would be feasible, but i’ll pose the question to the team.

Any update’s we get from the team we’ll post on the relevant topics. 

Account has been disabled again by Ford  after 1 charge. Any update please !!!’

Hey @CowboyJames,

I don’t think a temporary tariff would be feasible, but i’ll pose the question to the team.

Hi there if you call ford and give them your reg they can give ovo permission for 3rd party 🥳 

Hi all,

Just been blocked by ford this evening! Had my Kuga for nearly a year now and now Ford have decided not to play ball! Didn't move to ovo for the cheap rates but sure as won't be charging my car anymore if its paying the full rate, would cost less to drive it on Petrol only 😬

Call ford customer service  the lady I spoke to said we can give permission to ovo 

Hey @CowboyJames,

Hi there if you call ford and give them your reg they can give ovo permission for 3rd party 🥳 

Will give it a go !!

Hi All

Just spoken to Ford and OVO after Ford Pass account being disabled again. There is no agreement in place between the two.

OVO are still working on this but gave no time scale.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @danh71 ,

While we can’t comment on other suppliers' situations, we have escalated this as a priority as we are aware of the impact it has. 

We don’t want to lose you as a customer due to circumstances that are out of our control. I also recognise that you need to do what is best for you. We will continue to monitor the situation closely and advise when we can!

Are OVO any nearer a solution?  If Octopus have sorted it why can’t OVO? My bills are soaring and as a pensioner you can imagine I am very disappointed and seriously considering a move away from OVO unless we get some sensible response.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Are OVO any nearer a solution?  If Octopus have sorted it why can’t OVO? My bills are soaring and as a pensioner you can imagine I am very disappointed and seriously considering a move away from OVO unless we get some sensible response.

From what I’ve seen elsewhere, the problem also continues to affect other suppliers

Octopus have sorted it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Octopus have sorted it.

Not for all from what their forum suggests

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @STH ,

We would agree with @BPLightlog  on this as it is a widespread issue. It comes directly from Ford blocking third parties from charging through their own software. We are currently working on getting this resolved for all affected customers and will give you an update on this when available. 

I’m sorry it’s still ongoing though I can imagine how frustrating it must be for you! I have reached out to the team to ask for any updates. They are still working on it but don’t currently have a timescale.