Pinned Solved

Ford EV charging no longer working with Charge Anytime - what's happened?

Show first post

90 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Its at the stage that I reconnect charge once and then it gets blocked the next day.
I really hope this gets resoled soon. It’s really unfair that Ford is trying to force us to pay the more expensive rate.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Got a message over weekend from charge anytime to reconnect. So hoped was now sorted. 
did this last night and got a charge but kicked off ford app again this morning. 
Is there an update email and this group said there would be one by 8th April almost 10 days ago and circa another £30 not saved. 
An update would be appreciated. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

As mentioned previously, OVO intends to backpay ALL missing credits if they’re able to once this is resolved.

Userlevel 3

Got a message over weekend from charge anytime to reconnect. So hoped was now sorted. 
did this last night and got a charge but kicked off ford app again this morning. 
Is there an update email and this group said there would be one by 8th April almost 10 days ago and circa another £30 not saved. 
An update would be appreciated. 

I’m sorry to hear this. We’d provide an update on this as soon as we have one. Unfortunately there isn’t one at the moment. The last update we’ve been able to give was on 09/04/2024.

The easy work around at the minute is to simply activate/connect the charge anytime app the same day that you intend to charge the vehicle and then call Ford the next day to unblock the account. Simply repeat this every few days or however often you need to charge the vehicle. Yes it may be a slight inconvenience to have to call Ford regularly but it only takes 5 minutes which is surely worth the ‘£30’ that some people are quoting 

Badge

Any news on this? Driving me crazy having to phone through the multiple Ford customer service line every time I need to charge 😩

Any news on this? Driving me crazy having to phone through the multiple Ford customer service line every time I need to charge 😩

this is the direct line for Ford connect services if that helps 0345 712 5943. They do it for me there and then on the phone. 

Badge

Thanks @Jeeks91 that sped it up. Not the numerous menus this time.

Ford keep blaming it on OVO saying they need to remove my vehicle credentials. But when I phoned before they told me it was just deleting their app and reloading. Is this right or is there something I’m doing wrong?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @vix noonan,

​We are still waiting for an update from the team, but as soon as we get one, we will update all related topics so that no one misses out. For that reason, we’re trying to keep most of the threads about this in the same place. The team is working closely with us to ensure we get updates as soon as possible. 

Keep an eye on the “best answer” as this is where we are pinning the most up-to-date information.

Badge

I haven’t been locked out for the Ford pass app for a couple of days now. Not sure if I’m lucky or something has changed in the back ground. The only thing I would say is that the OVO app seem to be updating from the Ford app les often. It may have been a work around for OVO to stop pinging the Ford app as often so that it doesn’t lock? But that is only a guess from someone who has know idea what I’m talking about. 

Same here. Im on my third charge in a row without being locked out. Something does feel different with functionality and the savings feel a little lower but would need to check the detail to confirm

Actually, because the ford app shows charge history in miles and ovo app in kwh, its not easy to confirm if ovo is capturing the full charge

Userlevel 1
Badge

Ok this has gotten worse now. I can’t even connect the charge anytime to the car anymore. I can register the car ok but it can never get an update from the car now. This has been since Friday night. I just get a continuous “connecting to your Ford” but it never gets past this. I have tried with different Ford pass accounts none of which are blocked and it just the same.

Hi Kev, I am hoping you have a completely different and unrelated  issue… I charged up on Saturday morning to 100% and everything looks fine - Ovo and Ford definitely don't talk to each other as quickly as before, but for me they are still talking and my savings are showing.. That's 4 times in the last week and Ford have not terminated my logon.  Have you tried the FordPass Pro app rather than the standard version? Worth a try if you haven't.

Hoping I haven't jinxed my run of good luck!!

Userlevel 1
Badge

This is what the chargeanytime app shows and it just gets stuck ther. The FordPass pro app isn’t related to this issue. The issue is with how the charge anytime app communicates with the car and since Friday this has been none at all. This has nothing to do with either FordPass or FordPass pro app