Solved

Why is my new electricity smart meter not showing on my online account?

• 13 December 2018
  • 34 replies

Show first post

34 replies

I got my smart meter installed last Saturday and I saw my account was updated with the newly installed meter today, and has been sending readings since date of installation. However my IHD is not working at all, and has been saying waiting for current data ever since the installation. I was told to wait 48 hours but it’s been a week now and it still says waiting for current data.

Is there any solution to this issue?

Userlevel 6

Hey @electricbolt 

It can take a total of up to 6 weeks for all of the new tech to settle in properly so it’s not abnormal for some things not to be showing yet. You can contact the Support Team to ensure the IHD is paired correctly, and they’ll be able to identify any faults if there are any.

It’s likely just the settling in period and waiting a few more weeks should see things resolve itself, but you can check out some alternative smart data options our volunteer BPLightlog has come up with, check out their topics below:

I’ve also linked here to a really helpful topic comment from one of our volunteers on the process following the meter being fitted.

Userlevel 4

@electricbolt I wouldn't hold your breath with support. I had faulty meters exchanged almost two weeks ago. They sent smart readings for three days, with both the supplied IHD and my own Ivie Bud showing the meter data. After three days the readings stopped and both IHDs disconnected from the meter simultaneously. Support didn't even try to reconnect my IHD. Just tried to put me on the 6 month wait for a new one. After pointing out it lost connection at the same time as another one, and the chances of two going faulty at the same time are slim, the narrative switched to the 6 weeks thing. So I've already had no smart readings for two months, and it'll be another month and a half before they even consider there's a problem with the installation. I wish you luck.

Unlike yours though, my IHD has disconnected from the meter completely. Yours looks like it's connected - weakly - but mine wasn't even getting the time setting.

I’ve had their WhatsApp support re-pair my IHD today but it still says waiting for current data. They said it takes 24 hours to pair completely, so will check again tomorrow

Been over 24 hours and nothing, still the same waiting for current data message.

I don’t know why these defective IHD 3s are being given, clearly there’s some problems with this model. The buttons stop working when unplugged and on batteries until you hard reboot it.

Userlevel 7

All you can do is make sure the In Home Display (IHD) is paired, @electricbolt, which you’ve done. Nice work. 

Our advice is that smart meters fitted within 6 weeks will be going through lots of processes and updates, your account will be going through updates, and usually when that is all done, the IHD is able to link up without any issues. 

You mentioned these smart meters going in last Saturday so it’s been less than a week. Sit back and we’ll get things updated behind the scenes over the coming weeks. 

Hi looking for some advice got a new gas meter fitted on Monday and the engineer also gave me a new smart meter but I can’t get it to register what am using and can’t get it to register on my OVO app on my phone any help would be much appreciated 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Colin M Brown ,

It takes up to six weeks to fully set things up. Please allow more time! :)

Thank you for your response much appreciated